The Dark Knight in THEATERS - Official Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to see it at 10am. I know its pretty gay going in the morning but couldn't score tickets for the night show. I wish I could see it in IMAX. Probably wait till next week.

One of my partners whos also a pharmacist said that the imax version of The Dark Knight is too fast for your brain to even process it. You will miss a lot of stuff because of it. Thats the "science" people say. What a bunch of nerds lol.

Just a fact : The Dark Knight is the FIRST EVER Batman movie with out the name Batman in the title.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I did and suprisingley there was only one guy dressed up...he actually did pretty good too as the joker, make up was well done and he had a nice purple suit lol

It was...good...I don't know what else to say without spoiling, I don't there is any major surprises or anything, but if your not familiar with the graphic novels then I guess some of it is

FEAR_WADE ]

Yeah I did and suprisingley there was only one guy dressed up...he actually did pretty good too as the joker' date=' make up was well done and he had a nice purple suit lol

It was...good...I don't know what else to say without spoiling, I don't there is any major surprises or anything, but if your not familiar with the graphic novels then I guess some of it is

[/quote']

cool, my friends and i are trying to get a bunch of people to go that way we get good seats.

MaluNYMets ]

One of my partners whos also a pharmacist said that the imax version of The Dark Knight is too fast for your brain to even process it. You will miss a lot of stuff because of it. Thats the "science" people say. What a bunch of nerds lol.

Fast is relative. Depends on the speed of your brain.

MaluNYMets ]Just a fact : The Dark Knight is the FIRST EVER Batman movie with out the name Batman in the title.

It's also the first Hollywood feature movie to ever have scenes shot specifically for the IMAX.

Guest M16Assassin

Just got back from it. I am a fan of the comics and graphic novels and all that so none of it was too surprising but it was by far the best movie of the year so far. Well written plot and script and of course it takes place in Chicago so how can you go wrong!! Heath will win the awards for sure, but everyone keeps saying because he died but I think he would've swept the awards anyways. Phenomenal job as the joker.

Prane ]

Just got back from it. I am a fan of the comics and graphic novels and all that so none of it was too surprising but it was by far the best movie of the year so far. Well written plot and script and of course it takes place in Chicago so how can you go wrong!! Heath will win the awards for sure, but everyone keeps saying because he died but I think he would've swept the awards anyways. Phenomenal job as the joker.

I doubt Ledger will win the Oscar. Only one other actor won the award after he died (Peter Finch). Besides, there are still a lot of movies coming up before the Emmys....

Prane ]

Since yer a fanboy an all, I got a question. From the look of the joker in the promo stuff, it looks like the new Joker origins from the Batman Confidential Story arc. Is it really the new origin? Or do they go into that at all? Don't say too much, I'm going to see it at 10:30 tonight!! Thanks. ;D

I'm leaving shortly to see it. One of the guys that works for me went to the midnight show and said it was "fucking awesome" along with something to the effect of "jack nicholson wasn't shit compared to ledger". I guess we'll see.

On a side note, what exactly makes this the "Official Thread"? I always see that on message boards and I wonder if someone actually obtained permission or endorsement. If someone else makes a similar thread, will there be a lawsuit? Will they be heckled for making an unofficial thread? or a phony thread?

SQUlD ]

I'm leaving shortly to see it. One of the guys that works for me went to the midnight show and said it was "fucking awesome" along with something to the effect of "jack nicholson wasn't shit compared to ledger". I guess we'll see.

I saw it last night at midnight, and it was "fucking awesome" as your friend said squid 8) .... Although work sucked today , but watching that movie was well worth it!!!

Anyone think we could see another batman movie in the near future... cause I hope so!!