Have you moved on from Socom or staying put?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly can't see how people that call themselves fans of the Socom series can sit here and talk so much smack about it. This is the best socom by FAR. Sure it has some issues as of this moment, but they are all minor stuff that can be addressed with patches. I'd like to see yous guys problems with it, THAT AREN'T SERVER RELATED. ::)

BigMoneyNacku ]

I honestly can't see how people that call themselves fans of the Socom series can sit here and talk so much smack about it. This is the best socom by FAR. Sure it has some issues as of this moment, but they are all minor stuff that can be addressed with patches. I'd like to see yous guys problems with it, THAT AREN'T SERVER RELATED. ::)

Changing weapons. Lack off cover me button thats faster to access taking away from being tactical because we already can't speak. Long Reload times - thats not server releated right? The whole interface when you log on. Not having the chat like before...

All of those can be changed server side.. i am pretty sure that being an online title only, that the disc and the downloads will simply have game assets.. Skins for players, weapon images, etc.. almost if not all content i believe is controlled server side.. so my guess would be that yea, they could change the details of the reload times and add or subtract time to it.. i do agree w/the cover me button being difficult .. but again i think these are all things that they can change on there ends..

and as always.. i could be wrong.. just from what i have read.. and how things often work dynamically.. this makes sense.. well to me anyways. lol

MaluNYMets ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

I honestly can't see how people that call themselves fans of the Socom series can sit here and talk so much smack about it. This is the best socom by FAR. Sure it has some issues as of this moment' date=' but they are all minor stuff that can be addressed with patches. I'd like to see yous guys problems with it, THAT AREN'T SERVER RELATED. ::)

[/quote']

Changing weapons. Lack off cover me button thats faster to access taking away from being tactical because we already can't speak. Long Reload times - thats not server releated right? The whole interface when you log on. Not having the chat like before...

Changing weapons is alot better since the patch, so I'm sure they can still refine that.

Lack of cover me button. What's the point here? They will either hear your character say cover me, or hear you say cover me. It's a wash.

Reload times. I hope to god they leave it as is. Having to reload is a tatical part of gameplay. I was so sick of the fast reload times in CA and COD. It just gives the RNG'ers a leg up on the rest of us. Why in the hell should you be able to reload so fast? So you can run around without having to get back in cover to reload. That is way to arcade for my taste. ;)

Type chat can be addressed on the server side also.

BigMoneyNacku ]
MaluNYMets ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

I honestly can't see how people that call themselves fans of the Socom series can sit here and talk so much smack about it. This is the best socom by FAR. Sure it has some issues as of this moment' date=' but they are all minor stuff that can be addressed with patches. I'd like to see yous guys problems with it, THAT AREN'T SERVER RELATED. ::)

[/quote']

Changing weapons is alot better since the patch, so I'm sure they can still refine that.

Lack of cover me button. What's the point here? They will either hear your character say cover me, or hear you say cover me. It's a wash.

Reload times. I hope to god they leave it as is. Having to reload is a tatical part of gameplay. I was so sick of the fast reload times in CA and COD. It just gives the RNG'ers a leg up on the rest of us. Why in the hell should you be able to reload so fast? So you can run around without having to get back in cover to reload. That is way to arcade for my taste. ;)

Type chat can be addressed on the server side also.

Point well taken.

i played a wee bit of socom CA about three weeks before the beta and i didin't really liked it probabbly because of COD but Confrontation is F***** wicked, yeah it has it's issues but they can be resolve my only complaints are really the lag, the boots, so many lucky headshots and the simultaneous deaths thats all. of course being able to preset grenades as default weapon shift wouldn't hurt, cause you loose time switching manually, and a few other things that would just make the game even better.

You can switch nades to be your secondary..!

My issues with it are the feel of the character.

Did you know you cant run with night vision.!?

or change your firerate, or reload, or throw a nade.!?

Also when running it feels like GTA IV.. turns like a mack truck in an alley.

Cant strafe.!!

uhh..

let me think of some others. i'll get back to you.

The good thing is playing with old friends..

They are coming out of the woodwork, i found a friend from my Socom 2 clan playing randomly with a friend from my Socom 3/CA clan.. First thing i asked is "do you guys know each other.?" they said no.. lol

My friends list is full, & i dont even own a PS3 ;D

Chili-Palmer ]

You can switch nades to be your secondary..!

My issues with it are the feel of the character.

Did you know you cant run with night vision.!?

or change your firerate, or reload, or throw a nade.!?

Also when running it feels like GTA IV.. turns like a mack truck in an alley.

Cant strafe.!!

uhh..

let me think of some others. i'll get back to you.

The good thing is playing with old friends..

They are coming out of the woodwork, i found a friend from my Socom 2 clan playing randomly with a friend from my Socom 3/CA clan.. First thing i asked is "do you guys know each other.?" they said no.. lol

My friends list is full, & i dont even own a PS3 ;D

To borrow a term from RVN, stop being a WFF chili. ;)

Looks like you want this game to turn into a COD/Socom hybrid too. I expected more from you. :-*

I wasn't sure about Socom at first but I'm starting to get used to it now. I had trouble with the controls but I have them down now. Changing weapons I can do fairly fast. If it was real life I'd be searching for where I put that granade. How fast can you switch weapons in real life? There's some lag issues. And one guy was invisible last night. But all in all this game is great. Plus all the people I haven't played with in a long time are back.

That's my take...

What's up Mets...

I'm hooked on it already. Yeah the bugs are bad and so is the lag but the non respawn gameplay and intensity is still there. Going to play beta until they close down the servers then i'm going to be impatiently waiting for the full game to be released.

I haven't bought into the mag hype yet. I keep thinking that this is the same lead game designer that gave us socom 3 and socom CA. The guy who was the lead designer left zipper after completing socom 2 (true story he got hired by sony). So until they actually give us something that we can play, I'm going to hold off on saying anything good or bad about it.