YOUR EXPECTATIONS FOR SOCOM'S RELEASE

If we had the full code now, we would have clan options, all the maps, all the community stuff, everything. But we don't.

OK, if you want to neat pick. But the code that actually makes gameplay is right there already.

Listen, it's my job. You don't want to hear what I have to say. That's OK. I also wish for a miracle.

Once the game is released, we can all come back here and see who was right.

I'm not trying to disregard what you are saying. The gameplay is FINE. I don't know why you guys keep saying the code for gameplay is all there. I know it is and it's fine. It's all the other stuf that is buggy. How do we know the code they put in trying to fix the servers isn't acting wierd with the code they have blocked or omitted? We don't. I'm not trashing the game like so many are, until I see the final product.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas, the last 3 patches made the game worse rather than better.

I am worried.

About half of the players in my clan canceled their preorder.

I love SOCOM, but, clearly, Slant 6 was not ready to continue what Zipper had started.

So, I will still buy the game on release day, but I see no reason whatsoever to be optimistic at this time.

Not optimistic? I think we all are optomistic here. This is a SOCOM site at our core. We want to get into other games but not forced because /6 dropped the ball on Confrontation.

Eternal why is your email "Urgentfury1@..."? I am new on staff here and Tow or Sniper haven't given me a cool address like that. Do we know you? You aren't sporting a tag?

I think SOCOM Confrontation will be fine. Now I don't expect a perfect game at launch but I am sure it will not be the mess that the beta was recently. Now Slant6 has some work to do and they have a big mess to clean up...but in time we will get the game we can all enjoy. Really looking forward to the release. New maps, more weapons and TONS of killin'. See u boys on the battlefeild. :)

• 3 months later...
Cynical2U ]

Just reading this post from way back before socom was release and seeing all of the comments on what the final game will be like and how some thought it would be great and some think that it would be crap, kind of makes me laugh now when I see what everyone thinks of socom after it has been out for a while. lol

only 2 people predicted the future about the whole beta thing.

STREETSWEEPR1 ]

socom = still the only game i buy or have

You need to get out more.. lol

Cynical2U ]

I agree with that but I myself have to include any NHL game, right now it is a toss up between socom and NHL09 both great games.

I heard about "NHL 09"

I've been told one of the best sports games EVER made.!