THIS IS RIDICULOUS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CDBS14 ]

I'm at a middle ground on both your points. Yes' date=' this game will most likely be kick ass. They did fail though on this release. All I can say is this... I hope you are right inadub. If they do get it to Warhawk quality I will be as happy as a pig in shit!!! That's what they need to strive for.

[/quote']

yep. it would have been nice if we could play peak hours, if the community features like calendar and stuff, trophies, socom site, and tourney games werent there dayone, no big deal. we just want to play those things could get here later but playing is the part that we want, the most important part.

Its the ONLY Part.. lol

It will get better.. it just sucks that people have to STILL be patient after the release.

D_dubYa ]

Fine w/ me, at this rate everyone who dont have faith and piss and moan about it the most will not play it anymore, then it will work for us that can wait. Until they fix it.

Is that your point? Buy something that doesn't work, and hang around until it does?

Business' go out out of business it that way.

Slant 6 should be ashamed of themselves, delaying a release, and then releasing "this".

A online game that you can only play online, but in reality, you can't during peak hours.

Tonite was my best night yet and it was night four, I played 4 hours and only got booted twice.

Am I stupid? Or am I the only only one that see's a problem?

I was actually glad to see what happen tonite actually happen. My first 3 nights I got two complete games in. I got more than that in tonite. So exuse me if I don't do back flips. I was ready to play more, but the servers wouldn't let me. Please, by all mean's, explain how I am suppossed to be happy with this.

HogWild ]
D_dubYa ]

Fine w/ me, at this rate everyone who dont have faith and piss and moan about it the most will not play it anymore, then it will work for us that can wait. Until they fix it.

Is that your point? Buy something that doesn't work, and hang around until it does?

Business' go out out of business it that way.

Slant 6 should be ashamed of themselves, delaying a release, and then releasing "this".

A online game that you can only play online, but in reality, you can't during peak hours.

Tonite was my best night yet and it was night four, I played 4 hours and only got booted twice.

I was actually glad to see what happen tonite actually happen. My first 3 nights I got two complete games in. I got more than that in tonite. So exuse me if I don't do back flips. I was ready to play more, but the servers wouldn't let me. Please, by all mean's, explain how I am suppossed to be happy with this.

Everyone acts like EVERY game that comes out, dont have problems when it first comes out. It just so happens that everyone here are Hardcore SOCOMers and the reviews get criticized that much more. Every game has flaws, these guys focused too much on gameplay and not enough on the servers. I bet they learned from their mistake. How were they supposed to know how the servers would hold up w/ a large load of people????? The Betas did NOT have this many people on them. But, if people want to give up on it, let em, there are plenty of people actually coming over from other games JUST for this game and are patiently waiting.

Now, I bought something that I would ENJOY to play. I actually had more fun TRYING to get into a SOCOM room(when we couldnt) than I have been in COD. Know why? Because I knew that these guys would get it up and running soon, and they did. You may freeze up every once in a while(I know I did) but ya know what? I WANTED to come back in the game to play. Now, when I froze up in COD, I didnt even want to come back, wasnt worth it. The gameplay/teamwork usage/maps made me want to come back.

Want a good example of another of this same kind of thing. Look at the Miami Dolphins last year. They were HORRIBLE, but the higher ups utilized different things and how are they doing this year? They are doing MUCH better than last year nobody expected that. Dont underestimate /6, they have made mistakes, but who hasnt? This is their first game other than RPGs and IMHO, they did a hell of a job. At least they are trying harder than Zipper EVER did. But, thats just me, everyones entitled to their own opinion. SOCOM is back and Im lovin it.

^^^

I agree with that 100% zipper did a good job bringing socom to all of us here on Urgent fury and everyone else in the socom world, but Slant six has taken this game to the next level and provided the gamer (us) with an honest state where the fixes to the problems are sitting at. Zipper always said they would fix shit but never really did. I could never see myself ever going back to play socom 3 or CA ever again or even COD4 for that matter.

I would agree that it "seems" slant six is doing more than Zipper, but they both made lots of mistakes & said they are fixing them. (when the game runs flawless for 8 hours at peak, then it will be done.!)

Also NOT all games have problems in the beginning. I wont go into examples, but we all know there are plenty.

I also think it is more than acceptable to pissed off that an online only game wont let you play online.!?

Has Zipper made you guys soft. do you just take this as the norm now.!?

I dont want to start up a system war thread, but a good example is Halo 3.. almost 1 million playing at the same time the first week. (actual numbers we're in the 700k's, whoever said "Socom had poor planning" was 100% correct)

We all want it to work, we all want to play it, but if no one bitches, this "fix it later" does become the norm.!

Ravenfall held its first Midnight Mass on the new SOCOM last night, Friday.

The Mass started at 11pm CST.

I logged off at 4am CST.

I got dropped/froze only once, within the first hour.

The other four hours, gravy.

I was very happy to see the servers getting better as the days went on.

Still, they SHOULD have had it right all along.

HogWild ]

If you are, then I'm stupid with you. I see the problem too.

Chili-Palmer ]

whoever said "Socom had poor planning" was 100% correct

In my life experience (corporate world) those who are placed in the planning role typically get overruled by those who control the money. Its sad. But true.

Undertow ]

It wasnt lumpy gravy was it? ;)

Chili-Palmer ]

but if no one bitches, this "fix it later" does become the norm.!

You got that right. And it's not like people are bitching over minor things like soft spots or being shot through walls. They are bitching about not being able to play the game they purchased.

Seems like a pretty legitimate thing to bitch about to me.

Undertow ]

Ravenfall held its first Midnight Mass on the new SOCOM last night, Friday.

The Mass started at 11pm CST.

I logged off at 4am CST.

I got dropped/froze only once, within the first hour.

I was very happy to see the servers getting better as the days went on.

Still, they SHOULD have had it right all along.

I agree. I was there with you all and played for 3 or 4 hours before you came on. I got the frozen PS3 where you have to hard boot it 4 times all night. Was a little irritating but it does seem they are getting better. Now where's are first map pack already!?!?!?! ;D

How many problems were there w/ SOCOM 1 when it first came out??? Anyone? FUCK, it was perfect huh? /6 USED TO MAKING RPG's(Role Playing Games in case you didnt know). So, this is their first game and they had HUGE shoes to fill with what Zipper created and everyone is hating on them, give em a fuckin break, everyone loves pissin and moanin.

Oh and the Halo 3 comment, who made Halo 3? Prolly the same people who made the other halo's right? So, they knew what they were gettin theirselves into. That was a horrible example because IT WAS THE 3RD Halo they made. It just drives me nuts that everyone loves pissin all over /6 because they made mistakes. My suggestion, if you dont like it, save some Server room for the rest of us and quit bitchin and play other games.

D_dubYa ]

How many problems were there w/ SOCOM 1 when it first came out??? Anyone? FUCK, it was perfect huh? /6 USED TO MAKING RPG's(Role Playing Games in case you didnt know). So, this is their first game and they had HUGE shoes to fill with what Zipper created and everyone is hating on them, give em a fuckin break, everyone loves pissin and moanin.

Oh and the Halo 3 comment, who made Halo 3? Prolly the same people who made the other halo's right? So, they knew what they were gettin theirselves into. That was a horrible example because IT WAS THE 3RD Halo they made. It just drives me nuts that everyone loves pissin all over /6 because they made mistakes. My suggestion, if you dont like it, save some Server room for the rest of us and quit bitchin and play other games.

Dub, though I appreciate the fervor in which you want to defend aspects of this game's release, bitching and not-bitching notwithstanding, one distinction should be made clear here...clear to you as well.

Video gaming is not fun-n-games.

It is a BUSINESS.

They ask you for $59.99 in EXCHANGE for a product.

You don't buy a fridge from Best Buy and not have the ice maker work the day you buy it.

You don't buy a pair of shoes from Foot Locker and have it missing a set of laces.

You don't buy a new Ford truck and have the glove box close properly only SOME of the time.

I think where everyone's frustration comes from is the PRODUCT.

They're fans...they CAN be disappointed.

And with what we saw so far, they SHOULD be disappointed.

Saying this was /6's first foray into SOCOM territory because they primarily made RPGs only is NO excuse for putting out what they did and how they did. When a company takes it upon themselves to make something, whether it's new or a continuation of something, they are expected to DELIVER.

Are they cutting you a break on the price when you pick it up? Are they saying "hey, y'know....the servers are going to be fucked up for a few day. We appreciate you saving your money and paying for the product, but tell you what, why don't we knock off $5 from the tag because we're gonna cut you a break."

No.

They put out a product, they expect full payment.

We put out our money, we, as consumers, expect a full experience.

This shouldn't be this much of a combative thread, and I don't think anyone should be getting this heated, but I do believe that blame should be placed where blame is due.

Hell, they gave you only FOUR new maps because they copied three other ones....you would think that while they were copying almost 50% of their game from previous SOCOM installments (a point that sores me the MOST when discussing this game's release), they could have also looked closely at what they would need to do for a proper release.

D_dubYa ]

Socom 1 had no where near this many issues.!!

Yes the same people (Bungie) made all Halo's, but even the first one had more people on it then i've ever seen on Socom.! And it isn't just Socom lots of Sony releases suck out of the box. (my mention of Halo was a PEFECT example, because it was the epitome of all of these types of issues, comepare gameplay out of the box with CoD4, & R6:V on 360 their were almost ZERO issues) My point is its not just Socom its something to do with Sony servers.

I dont know why you want to defend their shitty launch plan. The game will be fine in the future, we are not saying it wont.

We're saying "Where my fucking laces for my new shoes.!!!" ;)

I understand that it will get better chili, but people in here act like it wont and I hear more complaining here than I would in a senior citizen Bingo Tournament. After all these posts about everyone getting along and all this people are still cryin and acting like little kids. We are(most of us) are grown adults, there are much more important things to be pissed off about but here we are wasting our time crying about a damn video game.

I think /6 was under pressure to release this before the holidays. I blame Sony for the pressure. What else would they have had? I guess RFOM 2. I think that releases soon...

Don't be surprised if we see Microsoft Buys Sony's Playstation Franchise in the near future. And then we'll get to pay.

One more thing...........Where did I ever defend their "Launch Plan"? I never did such thing. I defended the game, as a whole and I am defending /6. Never have I defended the Launch Plan. I am, however, happy they actually launched it when they did. So, your telling me that you'd rather then hold off the launch for a month(because they wouldnt hold it off a week, too much work for 1 week alone) than just launch it and work out the kinks? The game came out on Tuesday and by friday we were rockin and rollin. Call me biased because I leave on the 25th for Afghanistan but that makes the most sense, release it and work out kinks and here we are gamin our hearts out on the weekend. It is what it is, SOCOM is back, plain and simple............by the way...........GO BUCKS, PRYORS A BEAST.

D_dubYa ]

One more thing...........Where did I ever defend their "Launch Plan"? I never did such thing. I defended the game, as a whole and I am defending /6. Never have I defended the Launch Plan. I am, however, happy they actually launched it when they did. So, your telling me that you'd rather then hold off the launch for a month(because they wouldnt hold it off a week, too much work for 1 week alone) than just launch it and work out the kinks? The game came out on Tuesday and by friday we were rockin and rollin. Call me biased because I leave on the 25th for Afghanistan but that makes the most sense, release it and work out kinks and here we are gamin our hearts out on the weekend. It is what it is, SOCOM is back, plain and simple............by the way...........GO BUCKS, PRYORS A BEAST.

YES.! (i dont own a PS3.. lol)

Undertow ]

You don't buy a fridge from Best Buy and not have the ice maker work the day you buy it.

You don't buy a pair of shoes from Foot Locker and have it missing a set of laces.

You don't buy a new Ford truck and have the glove box close properly only SOME of the time.

You dont? ???

DAMN!!! >:(

And here I thought it was normal to drive around wearing floppy tennis shoes while drinking warm water with my glove compartment open.

Thank you so much for telling me. Now I know. And knowing....................is half the battle. ;D GO JOE!!!

And Dubya, there are more important things to be pissed off about. As a grown adult I'm pissed that I paid good money for something I cant enjoy.

Godspeed to you and stay safe over there.