Activision Announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

In a move that isn't surprising nor unexpected, Activision Blizzard has announced and revealed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 today in Manhattan, NY. Modern Warfare 2 is the sequel to Infinity Ward's award winning original, Modern Warfare.

According to MTV Multiplayer, Activision announced the title at a Massive Inc. upfront earlier today. Upfront events are generally thrown in order for publishers to display their titles to advertisers.

Considering the game is quite a long ways away, there hasn't been any real info or details released about the game. However, the release window for Fall 2009 is something that has been revealed.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait. If you like modern and you liked it for the game play not the actually clothes in the game you will love Call of Duty : World at War. I've been playing socom a lot more because of jammin with the clan, UF Black and UF Horsemen but I do really miss COD:WAW especially when i see people flying across the map, spinning in circles and just plain out unkillable. I am very impressed with the first release of Call of Duties have no problems yet they come out with updates to make it even BETTER!. Thats what a gamer likes to see, games like COD, GOW, Halo releasing with little or no problems ;D

mikejaxon ]

Third Person Shooters suck they are the most unrealistic way to view things. How in real life can I view myself leaning up against a wall with my face planted against it looking down the street, FPS games are much more realistic and take more skill.

Its unrealistic to control someone from a game controller at home. Its unrealistic to get shot and not hesitate.Its unrealistic to die and start the next round like nothing happened. Its unrealistic to die and be able to see from your buddies eyes.

Lets not worry about realistic, lets worry about the type of gameplay that is ENJOYABLE to each of our own. ;)

yea I guess it sucked so bad that it won game of the year, damn your one-sided opinion

LOL. It's my opinion, bro. As far as it winning GOTY, it's just more proof that people are sheep and vote for what they are told to vote for. ;)

if this game drops fall 09 i wouldn't be surprised. heck i expect it september 4. As far as game point of views, i think FPS is better, if you get stuck in a cinder block, what where you looking up at the sky? as for third person all you got to do is lean on a wall and you can magically see the street down the corner, gosh i wish i could do that.

CDBS14 ]

if this game drops fall 09 i wouldn't be surprised. heck i expect it september 4. As far as game point of views' date=' i think FPS is better, if you get stuck in a cinder block, what where you looking up at the sky? as for third person all you got to do is lean on a wall and you can magically see the street down the corner, gosh i wish i could do that.

[/quote']

you could if you had one of the guns that can look and shoot around corners.

Cynical2U ]
CDBS14 ]

if this game drops fall 09 i wouldn't be surprised. heck i expect it september 4. As far as game point of views' date=' i think FPS is better, if you get stuck in a cinder block, what where you looking up at the sky? as for third person all you got to do is lean on a wall and you can magically see the street down the corner, gosh i wish i could do that.

[/quote']

you could if you had one of the guns that can look and shoot around corners.

true, those guns with cameras and stuff.

I dont see why they dont let you pick 3rd or 1st person.. i mean it is already in the game, when you are dead & watching from a friends 3rd person view, the "1st person" button is right there..!!

I guess there would be logistics that would come into play that some people would be able to see around corners where other couldn't, but maybe they could make rooms that are one way or the other, & you could have both/eitherway in a private room.! :)

BigMoneyNacku ]

Yeah, it's really realistic to not have a peripheral vision to see the fucking cinderblock I always get stuck on. ::)

Crap o doody can kiss my ass. Modern Warfare sucked, and I'm sure the sequel will too. ;D

Peripheral is seeing side to side without moving your eyes.. not seeing up & down by moving your eyes or head. :-*

Also you take that bad attitude towards CoD & shove it.. Mr. Socom. :P

Chili-Palmer ]

I dont see why they dont let you pick 3rd or 1st person.. i mean it is already in the game, when you are dead & watching from a friends 3rd person view, the "1st person" button is right there..!!

Don't worry, that'll be Confrontation patch #132.60 or something.....

Fuck off, Chili. Cod fucking sucks. You wanna argue semantics when you know what I was talking about, then do whatever rocks your boat. Cod is nothing but fucking halo with real weapons. You can shine it up real nice, turn that sumbitch sideways and stick it straight up your cod ass. ::)

BigMoneyNacku ]

Fuck off, Chili. Cod fucking sucks. You wanna argue semantics when you know what I was talking about, then do whatever rocks your boat. Cod is nothing but fucking halo with real weapons. You can shine it up real nice, turn that sumbitch sideways and stick it straight up your cod ass. ::)

Lighten up francis.. lol

I was trying to be funny.. note the smiley's.

You're serious aren't you.?

At least they shined up CoD before they released it. lol