Zipper working on second Socom PS3 game?

Guest CplKoontz

Guest CplKoontz

I was looking it up to see if they had said anything, and found these...

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=6947

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159608

Now this is old, and I saw that they have MAG coming out, but I wonder...I never found anything saying they werent making another Socom????

What do you think? If zipper does make another socom game will it be the best? Look at MAG, it looks sweet, what could they do right now if they decided to make another socom game?

The stuff I found from questions asked to both Zipper,Sony and Slant Six, when they are asked about Zipper making another socom game it goes like this.

Sony: Zipper is making another socom game for the ps3.

Slant Six: They are? Huh?

Zipper: they seem to try and dodge the subject.

Uhh.. isn't that what we already know..?

Zipper has been & IS working on Socom 4. (has that info changed ever.?)

Me personally.. i think MAG is going to be the new Socom (Socom 4), they just dont want people to know it yet.. i think they are just using "MAG" as a working title. (could they possibly release a game titled MAG)

Only time will tell.

Chili-Palmer ]

Me personally.. i think MAG is going to be the new Socom (Socom 4), they just dont want people to know it yet.. i think they are just using "MAG" as a working title. (could they possibly release a game titled MAG)

Only time will tell.

agreed

SHANE23 ]
Chili-Palmer ]

Only time will tell.

agreed

x2. Zipper Interactive is GOD

They make a playable game and a fun game. Its NO WHERE near as bad as Confrontation is. Every game has little bit of lag when they start but they fix issues fast. Zipper fixes its problems instead of coming on forums and putting up all this stuff about patches and they are working to make things better and keep filling our heads with empty promises.

not even close to god

A lot closer than Slant 6 is, that's for sure. CA happened because people wanted bigger maps, and was unpopular when those same people figured out bigger maps meant you actually had to think or just camp. Camping is easy and thinking is hard, guess what everyone did? Not my clan, we loved 16 vs 16 maps, and have the record on 16 vs maps to back up why we loved them.

I sure hope Zipper is working on a SOCOM, so far S2 was their peak on performance, S3 was their best idea but the game play was lousy by Zipper standards so therefore it was a loser.

So now we are playing Slant 6's game with CA game play standards and smaller maps. Please Zipper, if you are indeed listening, I hope you are working on something.

Chili-Palmer ]

Only time will tell.

exactly my thoughts

UNCLE-SID25 ]

Seal teams usualy dont run in 125 man formations ;)

Mag will be Mag folks.

Very true Sid, SEAL teams are much MUCH smaller.

But do you really feel like Confrontation is still based on SEALs.!?

What are the two sides called in the game.? (not seals & terrorists anymore, right)

BigMoneyNacku ]
RNG187 ]

very good point chili, lets add that on the list of things /6 screwed up.

Errr. Zipper started that on Socom 3. ;)

yes, but then weren't they still called SEALs? i mean, i'd LIKE to see the "mercs" get called terrorists, but thats not an issue. but the SEALs is what the GAME is basically named after, right? so why the F*CK would they change that?!

if your watch the video it says you will be placed in 8 man teams. in a really big environment. so there may be 128 people in the map but you will be fighting in zones of the map. i don't think you will be roving the map looking for the 64 players on the other side. it says there going to be helio drops and stuff like that so you will be in diffferent parts of the map.

We will get a big patch that resets everything right after xmas- That way all the newbs that get the game from santa dont feel cheated... Then 3 weeks later we will get a patch that fix all th shit that patch broke... *then you will not hear from slant 6 for 3 months... Then you will get a patch to fix some broken shit... Then 4 months later you will be able to buy a map pack with 3 maps on it (maybe re skinned old ones if your lucky).

I hope I am wrong but thats SOE's track record with franchise shooters at this point in time.

UNCLE-SID25 ]

Seal teams usualy dont run in 125 man formations ;)

Mag will be Mag folks.

MAG does face a an obstacle. The ability of the person in charge to think through a problem and come up with a solution. Camping is so much easier and everyone can do it.

ANNOUNCEMENT.... ANNOUNCEMENT.....

Camp back and wait to see what comes if you choose. It will work against many. It will work against a couple of rounds on me, and then you will have to think of something esle to do.

I hope there are a couple of UF clans that want to team up and throw at a less prepared opponent than they can possibly deal with.

You have no idea what's coming, neither do I since I haven't seen the maps. But it's going to be GOOD! If you are on my side that is..... otherwise it's going to suck!

101st loves 16 vs 16 big time. Give me more than 100, have the white flag handy is my advice if you are on the other side. You are going to need it.

I don't have any problems with confrontation other than finding friends in rooms and the reload issues..... other than that it's not that bad of a game.... if it was most of us would have sold it by now. The problem is (and this goes with any other media.... music.... movies.... etc.) that we have a standard that we are used to and when something changes, that effects that way we're used to it being, we get pissed. Nothing ever stays the same... and we have to deal with it. Socom will never be the Socom we remember, Metallica will never be the Metallica we remember, etc.... etc... etc...