Modern Warfare -OR- World at War

But I bet the amount of clans isn't nearly as close to the amount that would rather do CoD. CoD has no clan support either, only a clan tag system, just like Vegas. GRAW 2 has a great clan management system, but it wasn't played. I think it's more than having a clan system. And I can also say that Vegas was probably a better game than both CoD's and GRAW.

I personally seeing UF being about military shooters. Killzone doesn't fit under that category for me. It's a futuristic shooter like Halo. When I play in a UF tournament, I expect to see Terrorists vs Seals. I wanna look at my enemy and see a terrorist with an AK or a Seal with an M4. I don't want to look at them and see an armor plated shoot and they're holding death to all humanity.

It's all about feel for it. I don't like that futuristic crap. I'd rather be killing terrorists than shooting terminators.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paidassassin ]

ya prob but i just hope it doesnt turn out bad bc i mean lot of people buying it and stuff like with battlefield badcompany was a big hype and it sucked

Exactly.. thats why we have to wait & see what games are actually worth it, & will have a BIG replay value.

CDBS14 ]

well either way KZ2 is not gonna fail' date=' idk why someone compared it to KZ1; i mean KZ2 has a whole new game engine.

I am pretty sure there are many clans here just from looking at the posts that they will be moving to KZ2.

[/quote']

seriously, how do you know its not going to fail? The only thing everyone has played was the 5 minute demo. In game informer, they only gave kz2 an 8.75... not to good for a game that's going to be omg amazing. I know you're exited for the game, but the hype for it was killed long ago because of constant omg killzone posts on how perfect this game is going to be. Everyone was also pumped for haze when it first came out, which game informer game it an 8.5... and that game was just horrible. Just wait for the game to come out, before you call it the best game in the world.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

But I bet the amount of clans isn't nearly as close to the amount that would rather do CoD.

It's all about feel for it. I don't like that futuristic crap. I'd rather be killing terrorists than shooting terminators.

We should put it to a vote then (I personally believe that Killzone 2 would win that poll, but only an actual poll would determine that).

And also, if you do not like futuristic shooters, then you do not have to play it, nor your clan (not meant to be dick-sounding). But the rest of us want it; why ruin it for us?

Sharkbait2 ]
CDBS14 ]

well either way KZ2 is not gonna fail' date=' idk why someone compared it to KZ1; i mean KZ2 has a whole new game engine.

I am pretty sure there are many clans here just from looking at the posts that they will be moving to KZ2.

[/quote']

seriously, how do you know its not going to fail? The only thing everyone has played was the 5 minute demo. In game informer, they only gave kz2 an 8.75... not to good for a game that's going to be omg amazing. I know you're exited for the game, but the hype for it was killed long ago because of constant omg killzone posts on how perfect this game is going to be. Everyone was also pumped for haze when it first came out, which game informer game it an 8.5... and that game was just horrible. Just wait for the game to come out, before you call it the best game in the world.

you used game informer as a credible source early in your post and then you discredit it by saying they gave a shit game a decent score...

Vengeance ]
Sharkbait2 ]
CDBS14 ]

[/quote']

you used game informer as a credible source early in your post and then you discredit it by saying they gave a shit game a decent score...

i was in the moment...lol

what i meant was the way they pretty much got the same score and haze sucked. there has also been a lot more hype for killzone if you've read the 5-6 theads being made for it. I guess i know what i meant to say, it just didn't come out the way that i thought it would.

UF is a sort of Modern weapons structure.. just like Socom and COD4, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, GTA4, etc.. etc.. hell here’s the list http://www.avcbiz.com/PBK/Evoulution%20of%20the%20Shooter.htm

many of which fit the bill, many of which don’t .. and modern weapons is only one criteria of many that a game must meet in considerations for tournament at UF. .so the list gets smaller and smaller.

(I really need to update it.. I sort of lost track after 07.. and I should go all the way back to Wolfienstien and DOOM so its complete.. but my point is there is a ton of games.. so UF sort of narrows it down to realistic modern weaponry preferably third person but first person is OK. I seriously doubt UF will ever do a Halo tourney, .. what was the quote? Oh yeah..

“Dude you should be dead I shot you with my sonic sound blasterâ€.. “dude I’m not dead because I was wearing my triple shielded sonic sound proof ear muffsâ€
LOL.. lets just say futuristic weapons are not going to happen here. Lets remember why COD4 was above average for us and not COD, COD2 or COD3.. one important factor.. MODERN WEAPONS.

So my vote is no not World of War because of one point, its past weaponry.. and no not KZ2 because of one point.. its future weaponry. Yes.. it’s the attempt at getting as close to Socom II as we can get, which Socom Confrontation didn’t even do a good job of. It all leaves me still “Searching for the next Socom†don’t get me wrong KZ2 may be a great game and I’m sure I’ll wind up buying it and playing, and if we all start playing it I’m sure it could find its way into UF, after all the game I now have my highest hopes for isn’t due out until the end of the year.. but that isn’t going to stop me from proclaiming IT’S THE BEST GAME EVER! Which of course I’m full of shit as I won’t know anything until I actually get to play it. In the mean time.. sure why not.. “hand me a phase gun Scottie and beam me up†I’ll play some futuristic stuff but its not where my heart is..

willywonka159 ]
Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

But I bet the amount of clans isn't nearly as close to the amount that would rather do CoD.

We should put it to a vote then (I personally believe that Killzone 2 would win that poll, but only an actual poll would determine that).

And also, if you do not like futuristic shooters, then you do not have to play it, nor your clan (not meant to be dick-sounding). But the rest of us want it; why ruin it for us?

I don't think anyone is trying to ruin anything, i just think the people who believe KZ2 is going to be the greatest thing on earth need to realize NO ONE knows how good it will be, & UF is not going to commit to anything until we KNOW the value of a game.

(that was the cliff notes of a goat post. ;D)

And as far as a poll, what would this poll be about..? Which game we think is going to be better.? or which one has more hype, or...? (I'm all for a poll, & would love to put it up, but i just don't know how to word it or what we'll get from it)

Confucius say: "The popularity of ANY game that has not been released yet, is simply hype" ;)

Sharkbait2 ]
CDBS14 ]

[/quote']

well the beta testers (who played this for days) say it is the best shooter for PS3, ign, g4 and even gametrailers gave it above a 9. Also why take gameinformer as a good source when they constantly make mistakes such as putting KZ2 as being for PS3, 360 and PC?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/killzone2?q=killzone%202

if it wasn't because of EDGE'S magazine ridiculously low score the average would be a 93 or 94, on N4G i think it is a 94.

also regarding HAZE when people played the DEMO it was pretty obvious the game was going to suck.

Chili-Palmer ]

In all honesty it is probably going to be a good game, i guess I'm just trying to diffuse any expectations of a tourney, before we know if its plausible.

No, you're right. I am just hoping that UF really considers starting a Killzone 2 tournament. I just don't want it to be disregarded simply because it takes place in the future. By the way, I will support you for a Halo tournament anytime. Enough people like it, and play it, why not make a tournament for it? That's all I'm saying.

willywonka159 ]
Chili-Palmer ]

In all honesty it is probably going to be a good game, i guess I'm just trying to diffuse any expectations of a tourney, before we know if its plausible.

No, you're right. I am just hoping that UF really considers starting a Killzone 2 tournament. I just don't want it to be disregarded simply because it takes place in the future. By the way, I will support you for a Halo tournament anytime. Enough people like it, and play it, why not make a tournament for it? That's all I'm saying.

agreed with willy and you chili but i know that you guys want a GEARS OF WAR 2 TOURNAMENT more than HALO3 ;)

MaluNYMets ]

Just a suggestion though. I think from the general feel around and my own clans COD clan most likely making the switch to Killzone 2 we should wait till it comes out just so we know what are people going to be playing two weeks from now.

yea i agree with you....im gonna be playin KZ2 when it comes out....and when it does im sayin forget COD

willywonka159 ]
Chili-Palmer ]

I think ANY game that the clans of UF are playing qualifies.. WW2, Modern, or Future. (but that's just my opinion)

CDBS14 ]

i know that you guys want a GEARS OF WAR 2 TOURNAMENT more than HALO3 ;)

I personally dont want either. lol

I still find it pretty amazing that people can drool over a game that hasn't been released. I've been hyped so many times for so many games that have miserably failed to live up to its expectations. I now own a large collection of PS3 games that just sit there collecting dust. Games that I maybe played once or twice and that was it because of how amazingly bad they were. All, $60 down the drain. This is the reason why I no longer hype myself up for any game and the reason why I no longer pre-order anything anymore. That gives me time to listen to you guys and see if the game is worth getting or not. Besides, we're still yet to see a game work from day one flawlessly. The first week or two, there are always bugs, glitches and server problems ;D

As for the topic at hand. CoD4! ;D

^^^ Totally agree ^^^

Confrontation was one of those.. it has ALL kinds of AWESOME features, but falls short from the hype that it built.! (not to mention the parts that dont work) GTA IV had a lot of hype to it also, & everything works, but a tourney never happened because the game wasn't worth it overall.

NO ONE knows if KZ2 is going to be worth it or not, so it is a little silly to say thats what you WILL be playing it. lol

Chili-Palmer ]

It isn't.. lol

As long as most clans are tied up with Socom, i think any other is going to suffer.

yea so in reality cod4 did come first already, a long time ago.................. the sign ups are still there but just three clans. So i guess if clans want to play cod4, they should sing up for crucible4 which already has all the rules set up, and it would make the creators life a bit much easier. ;D