OWNER OF UF PLEASE READ ASAP

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, c'mon now everyone...no need to cause a ruckus.

I did not post what I did as a herald to further forum attacks. What I told the kid was just honest advice. Learn to talk, learn to type, learn to spell and learn to present before making any kind...ANY kind of business proposal. An idea can be the newest, greatest thing...but if it's packaged poorly (and make no mistake, your written introduction or your spoken introduction IS your "packaging"), then no one will give you the honest time of their day.

Think of your idea as the most precious gift you can give to someone during the holidays. You're not going to wrap it in newspaper or cut-up grocery bags...you're going to wrap it in the shiny paper, slap a card on it and even use scissors on the ribbon to give it that fancy curl on the ends.

But there's no need to rip on anyone.

His message has been removed. We're all good here. ;)

Thanks Shadow.. (and I always thought you were a stand up guy as well).

Iron you just sort of started out on the wrong foot. It doesn’t really matter what other tournament sites do UF doesn’t try to tell anybody what they should or shouldn’t do. We simply do things differently here. It’s part of that “our house our rules thang†UF neither condones nor commends other tournament sites. In fact we have nothing to say on the matter.

The membership may have members who have opinions on the issue and they are free to voice them as are you. When its posted in a manner that defines it as your opinion then by all means say what you will and engage in respectful debate all you like. But don’t get angry if others don’t agree. As for as Urgent Fury is concerned in a official capacity we have no comment. However we do have a long standing established rule in place stating the disallowance of promotion of other tournament sites on these forums. You don’t have to agree with it nor do you have to hold the same opinion. No one from UF’s administration attempts to conform other sites to our doctrine. At the same time we expect established rules of conduct in place at UF to be followed.

Stating your opinion or disagreement with a rule is fine and no one will fault you for it. Disregarding a rule by posting in a way which ignores it is disrespectful. Being new here however means its still ok. Everybody makes mistakes and the post was removed. I’m glad to see you are now posting in a more legible manner it shows you aren’t opposed to what others have to say and neither or we. Some advice (as well meant)... try a slower approach., get to know other members and get them to know you. Join in some online gaming with some of the members and you will find the community here are friendly and honest. In private off of these forums and from friendship you may very well have a few even try your tournament. In this manner you retain respect for not only another sites rules as well as for yourself from others. And who knows? In the end you may even gain some new friends to enjoy some online shooter gaming with.

Undertow ]

Oh, c'mon now everyone...no need to cause a ruckus.

I did not post what I did as a herald to further forum attacks. What I told the kid was just honest advice. Learn to talk, learn to type, learn to spell and learn to present before making any kind...ANY kind of business proposal. An idea can be the newest, greatest thing...but if it's packaged poorly (and make no mistake, your written introduction or your spoken introduction IS your "packaging"), then no one will give you the honest time of their day.

Think of your idea as the most precious gift you can give to someone during the holidays. You're not going to wrap it in newspaper or cut-up grocery bags...you're going to wrap it in the shiny paper, slap a card on it and even use scissors on the ribbon to give it that fancy curl on the ends.

But there's no need to rip on anyone.

His message has been removed. We're all good here. ;)

Yeah but, at the end of the day you still shred that shiny paper and unravel that pretty curled bow, to get at whats inside. :) In this case when you open the present you give a quirky little smile and say thank you, because it's the thought that counts; then you toss that un-thoughtful, un-inspired present to the back of the closet, never to be seen again with all the crappy wool sweaters your grandma made you.

This has been one of the most entertaining threads I have seen in a long time, so many funny things here and I am not referring to the bad grammar; that is just to easy. Kudo's to the Travolta Band wagon, King Junks Indiference Image, and Tow's business meeting request book at the amazon.com link, classic.