BCS has head removed from ass!!!

meauxpack ]

I think that sucks. I wanted to see TCU matched up with a legitimate BCS conference power. I'd much prefer TCU-Florida and BSU-Cinci to that or TCU-GT and BSU-Iowa.

I agree the reason they don't is because they don't want the Boise st vs OU factor to happen to these big schools. A playoff system wont happen for the same reason imagine the eight teams in the BCS bowl games

where in a playoff and some how TCU or Boise St made it to the final the big schools would loose so much money and recruits. I hate the BCS a playoff is needed its only fair.

I'm not really excited about most of the bowl games this year. The SEC championship was probably the most intriguing game of the year. I expect Bama to roll over Texas like I called them against Florida. I don't care about seeing TCU and Boise. I'd prefer to see the bcs grow some balls and let them play the big boys rather than each other like last year. I'm most excited about Oregon and Ohio State. I gotta say I'm jumping on the Oregon bandwagon now. I am a sucker for a good run game and Oregon has an explosive run game. Plus as an Illini fan I hope they destroy Ohio State.

i am totally excioted for tcu vs boise because they have been recogniozed for their success. i do love to see the big boys get their asses kicked by utah and boise, but when they do, they are downplayed to the bigger school having a bad game. nobody thinks that a non-bcs school could actually have a good team. in the last few years, these altenate divisions have shown some value. at least with this game, tcu and boise got a game they deserve to be in, and will actually be judged on merit rather than how poorly that big shool performed that day.

okay, so im gonna take back a lil about what i said here.

so bama and texas, number 1 and 2. that makes sense. but from there i now have questions after looking closer at the schedule. #3 cincinnati SHOULD be playing #4 tcu, correct? and #5 florida should play #6 boise state, correct? so how the hell didi florida get bumped past tcu to play the #3 team. now im a lil bent, but who in the country isnt, lol.

meauxpack ]

I think that sucks. I wanted to see TCU matched up with a legitimate BCS conference power. I'd much prefer TCU-Florida and BSU-Cinci to that or TCU-GT and BSU-Iowa.

Agreed.

Also, some serious crap that an 8-4 MIZZOU is in the Texas bowl against Navy (although, this should be an interesting matchup) and a 6-6 Iowa St. in the Insight bowl against Minnesota.

They still jacked it up IMO.

This thread should be titled "BSC had moved it's head further UP it's ass"

Figures they would make the teams that deserve to be moved up didn't get moved up. Cincey played a MUCH bigger and better game then Texas. IMO they should have been moved up to 2 not Texas. Texas then should have played Boise State and TCU could have played Florida.

No matter which way you look at it they could have 3 teams unbeaten this season and it just makes more sense to get the playoffs in order.

There needs to be a way to take money out of it. Sure the schools deserve the money they get from their programs. If the BCS wasn't so worried that a big money generator like FL would get beat by little ol BSU then this would be more fair.

Give us a playoff. Too easy to do I guess. 16 teams, 4 weeks, 1 champion. The bowls like Bob's cheese factory bowl and Billy's automotive bowls could be first round. Liberty and the like could be second, then the prime ones could rotate semis and final. Just one quick idea. But no playoff=no REAL champion

Chili-Palmer ]

I'll be rooting for Boise. :)

Chili you are such a whore for a cinderella story. For those who don't know Chili jumped on the Boise State Bandwagon in 2007 when they played that amazing game with the statue of liberty play and the player proposed to the cheerleader. He secretly wishes he was that cheerleader. :-*;)

I still can't get pumped about any games other than the Ducks and Buckeyes. Although I do want to see Mark Ingram run all over Texas.

Tool_Minion ]
meauxpack ]

Agreed.

Also, some serious crap that an 8-4 MIZZOU is in the Texas bowl against Navy (although, this should be an interesting matchup) and a 6-6 Iowa St. in the Insight bowl against Minnesota.

It is because we travel babay. Mizzou fans are notorious stay at home fans. ISU fans go to where our team plays. Plus we had nearly 15,000+ fans in Memorial Stadium against the Corn Suckers when we beat them. Not to mention the Insight scouts were there when it happened.

So suck it mizzou boy. ;D

Basically in the end, it is about the fans. If you support your team and go to the games, you will get a nod to a better bowl.

xRed0ctobeRx ]
Tool_Minion ]
meauxpack ]

Agreed.

It is because we travel babay. Mizzou fans are notorious stay at home fans. ISU fans go to where our team plays. Plus we had nearly 15,000+ fans in Memorial Stadium against the Corn Suckers when we beat them. Not to mention the Insight scouts were there when it happened.

So suck it mizzou boy. ;D

Basically in the end, it is about the fans. If you support your team and go to the games, you will get a nod to a better bowl.

Ehh, I heard that argument before Red. We don't 'stay' at home at all, it's just that as a team we had higher expectations this season that Iowa St did. You EXPECTED to suck, so 6-6 is awesome to you... ;)

And honestly, the fans aren't the one's playing the game. It's the kids, and correct me if Im wrong, but that in a nutshell is the major problem with the BCS: More concerned with making money than fair and equal system of playoffs or championships.

All of pro sports have a playoff system, and they are successful. Do you REALLY think if things were fairly done, or bowls were assigned without thought to the financial gain of the sponsor that people wouldn't come?

I know you don't, your simply happy your team made a bowl. Im happy as well for you. It doesnt detract from the entire ISSUE though, it simply points to one of the many flaws in the current system.

Chili you are such a whore for a cinderella story. For those who don't know Chili jumped on the Boise State Bandwagon in 2007 when they played that amazing game with the statue of liberty play and the player proposed to the cheerleader. He secretly wishes he was that cheerleader. :-*;)

I cant help it.. That game was AMAZING with a capital A. (plus i have a friend from Boise) :P

xRed0ctobeRx ]

It is because we travel babay. Mizzou fans are notorious stay at home fans. ISU fans go to where our team plays. Plus we had nearly 15,000+ fans in Memorial Stadium against the Corn Huskers when we beat them. Not to mention the Insight scouts were there when it happened.

I wanna know how they got 15k tix @ Memorial Stadium. That place is f*ckin hard to get 1 ticket.

But if you want to talk about fanbase.. I think Nebraska has just as diehard fans as anywhere. ;D

Oh and I forgot to add for Chili,

Yes the NU fan base is impressive and their 300+ game sellout is amazing. BUt you want to see impressive fans, go to any SEC game. You will see intense fans there.

Of course the Iowa Chokeyes have a great following also. Which is also a big reason why they are playing in the Orange Bowl instead of Penn State.

And as much as you want to fight the realization tool, that is the dirty truth. Fanbases make or break a bowl game. Between tickest sales, overall increase of economic spending in the area and the people across the nation that like to see their team play. That makes all the difference to those bowls.

Yes it causes drama in the end. But I forsee there never being a Playoff system in FBS, mainly because of what the current system does. It gets people talking. Plus more then likely it all works out. Usually.

xRed0ctobeRx ]

Oh and I forgot to add for Chili,

Yes the NU fan base is impressive and their 300+ game sellout is amazing. BUt you want to see impressive fans, go to any SEC game. You will see intense fans there.

Of course the Iowa Chokeyes have a great following also. Which is also a big reason why they are playing in the Orange Bowl instead of Penn State.

And as much as you want to fight the realization tool, that is the dirty truth. Fanbases make or break a bowl game. Between tickest sales, overall increase of economic spending in the area and the people across the nation that like to see their team play. That makes all the difference to those bowls.

Yes it causes drama in the end. But I forsee there never being a Playoff system in FBS, mainly because of what the current system does. It gets people talking. Plus more then likely it all works out. Usually.

Well according to reports, a house sub commitee voted a bill into action requiring a playoff for the BCS....Im not for the government sticking their noses into sports, but hey! If it gets it fixed......

The government shouldn't be involved in any of that shit period. I don't care if it gets the BCS changed. I had a problem when there were congressional hearings with the baseball steroid issue.

The government thinks they need to step in and fix things they have no business getting involved in. The BCS has its problems and yes I wouldn't mind seeing a playoff, but I really have no problem with how it is right now.

Everyone thinks we need to see a clear cut national champion, but in the end I would bet we would see the same result that we see now. 2 top conferences dooking it out for the title. Boise and cinci would not be able to make it. The only non-BCS team that I could see making it is TCU and even then I would not believe it until I saw it.

The problem with the BCS right now is that the polls are brought out TOO early. A team should not be ranked or have an "official" ranking until maybe november. There can be speculation polls, but there should not be a poll defining where a team should be until games have actually started and the regular season already underway. Preseason polls dictate too much toward the end of the year.

That is where the problem is at. We could still end up with the top teams not really belonging in the playoffs. The polls are the real problem.