Farewell...

Guest Skipper

Guest Skipper

As has become obvious to many over the past couple of days, JyK has a hard time fitting in here at UF. As much as we want and have tried to be a part of this community

we just can't seem to make it fit. We thank those who have tried to help us along the way and we do understand that some of this we did bring on ourselves.

Undertow, as you have insinuated JyK probably had an uphill battle securing a spot back in a Tac-Map tourney. We understand this, and I thank you for giving us this opportunity.

As I have thought of this, it became very clear to me why we can't seem to make a go of this. Our objectives and ideals are just too different from UF. I feel confident in saying that after participating

in UF Black and winning UF: POW. JyK supports a win first mentality. I can't hide from this or apologize for this. We seek out members who are quite frankly, good at this game. We do this under the expectation

that our members play the game fair and do not exploit glitches in the game. Those we have faced on the battlefield can attest to this. When we have brought our talented players here, some came along with, as Mrs.DD put it,

a Terrell Owens personality. I apologize if some of that offended you. Our goal for UF:POW was simple; in the words of the immortal Al Davis, just win baby. We did that, and frankly we did it with little resistance. It is now time for us to

seek out an avenue of tougher competition and perhaps more lax standards.

Sniper and Tow, good luck. You run the greatest Socom based tournament on the web, unfortunately it's not for us.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest [OHM]_contract_

hmm, I'm not sure if there is such a place of "tougher competition" where "fair play" and no glitching etc isn't part of it. I believe these clans here are top notch, as a quiet clan, COU has come a long way as a clan and a part of it has to do with Urgent Fury. I believe that this is more than just a game, a family rather, it takes time to get used to and feel accepted. I guess. Good Luck to you JYK.

Skipper ]

Our goal for UF:POW was simple; in the words of the immortal Al Davis, just win baby. We did that, and frankly we did it with little resistance. It is now time for us to

seek out an avenue of tougher competition and perhaps more lax standards.

And the true colors are revealed. It has been entertaining seeing the "act" you guys put on. Good luck with the "tougher competion" because that is what is most important. I find it funny how your clan was all defensive about being a gb clan, at least you will fit in their perfectly.

That's not necessary Scofield, playing here at UF is and will always be a choice a clan makes: if a clan's choice is not to participate here than there isn't any need to cast dispersions as to their reasons.

It’s all good skipper, quite honestly you were one of the most level headed and well meaning members of your clan to post here.

I’m not sure why the “burn the bridge†mentality however. Signing up for more tournaments here is always a choice any clan here is free to make. No real reason to say anything about it. JyK could have always just taken a break from UF any time they feel like it. Everything changes: Who knows when you guys may feel like giving it another go. It doesn’t have to be a “we quit forever†thing, signing up just like receiving an invitation is always up in the air. You never know.

Last thought on this is, sure JyK had a rough start, middle and hell ending. LOL. But I gotta give you guys props for hanging in there, dealing with all the adversity and making some effort to “fit in†(as you put it). Hell you guys dealt with a lot and pulled off a championship. Nothing to be sorry for about it. If you ask me I just think your guys tended to take things a little too personal, sure there are rules here and very little patience for those that break them. And if the Tow/King wars had something to do with this, just know that for the most part a lot of it was seen as just good humor and not as serious as you may have believed. The father of a good friend of mine use to give me crap all the time, for a long time I though he didn’t like me at all, my friend told me I was wrong, he said.. “well just because he gives you crap don’t take it the wrong wayâ€, “if he hated you, he wouldn’t even bother talking to you†. So if it seemed you were getting too much grief, well at least for the most part folks thought enough about JyK to say anything in the first place. Just a different way to look at things.

At any rate, UF is amidst an ever changing gamers world, things evolve and UF continues to adapt to the changes that occur. Who knows maybe one day they will finally make a game where the need for additional rules becomes unnecessary. Fairness and honor are instilled within the game itself, hell if they ever manage to do that, the top ten on the games leader board will actually garner admiration instead of scorn. Until then UF is forging ahead and for those that are compelled to follow a code of honor in online gaming UF will continue to provide a avenue to do so.

Best of luck to you skipper and to clan JyK.

Goat.

Guest Skipper

Goat,

I didn't mean for it to sound as if I was degredading the competition. It's just there's a different focus between what we want and how UF operates. We want to win, we'll worry about the handshakes and ass slaps later. That's all, just two different ideals. I'm sure UF wasn't built to appeal to everybody, and unfortunately, it's best if we part ways.

Then as you said, Farewell and best of luck.

And there isn't anything wrong with winning, For me, I simply feel that do so without the merit of honor is not a Victory. * I say this as simply the way I see things and it does not reflect on my perception of JyK or any clan for that matter nor their accomplishments.

p.s. Hey get your hand off my ass! :P

;)

Skipper ]

We want to win, we'll worry about the handshakes and ass slaps later.

As much as I would like to believe this I just don't. UF saw more cries for "respect" from JyK than from any other clan that I can remember.

I do applaud your decision to leave since it is obvious that this relationship was not going to work.

Take care Jyk and good luck with all of your future endeavors.

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Skipper, good luck on your journey, you sir have always been fit to be here in UF unfortunately things did not mesh out with some of your clan mates. But you need to do what you must...good luck.

Guest Skipper
H.A.V.0.C ]

Skipper, good luck on your journey, you sir have always been fit to be here in UF unfortunately things did not mesh out with some of your clan mates. But you need to do what you must...good luck.

Thanks Havoc, I appreciate it. Good luck to you guys as well!

No it wasn't and handle what havoc...my opinion?

Last I checked we are all entitled to our own opinion.  Mine is that since day one all the way up to now these guys have shown very little tact or anything else that makes for a clan that belongs here.  And I'm glad they won't be participating further.  And even if I never play a UF match again I will feel that way.

-Omni

I'm sorry *S* brothers if my posts here made you feel embarassed.

I would also like to apologize to the community if you are offended by my opinion that was expressed in this thread.

The previous posts were my opinion alone and don't not reflect, directly or indirectly, the feeling and opinions of the *S* clan as a whole or any one person who carrys the *S* in front of their name, other than myself.

If it makes you feel better, please think of me as what Led Poison was to jyk.

-Omni

Guest H.A.V.0.C

You are a part of StormWatch! if they decide that they are leaving, and do so without ruffling any feathers and want to leave in peace. WE will allow them to do that, If you have a personal vendetta against them, then thats fine.....But you will NOT make all of *S* look like a ass's that throws rocks at a down player. If you do not like my decision we can talk about it at "the watch"

But i will NOT stand bye and watch you kick a man while he is down.

Nuff said....unless you want to continue?

Later skipper...nice run and I have a feeling we will see you guys again. As my boy stated above, I don't think you will find the level of competition and fairness anywhere else but here. In my opinion we in this community are the best of the best.

I feel for you guys, cause it seems like you feel singled out. If you dont know what happend to us[formerly R!P], please pm me and I will explain. Sometimes you just have to lace'm up tight and make it through to the other side.....be well brother..see you in the green

Skipper ]

tougher competition and perhaps more lax standards. 

Sniper and Tow, good luck.  You run the greatest Socom based tournament on the web, unfortunately it's not for us.

You wont find tougher Socom competition but Game Battles has a more lax standard.

After the first part of your post the last line seems..... well quite ironic.

Good luck to you in life.

Guest Skipper

Guys thanks for the well wishes. I apologize how the competition part of my post came off. I just meant it as we need to continually push ourselves in always seeking tough competiton. It's nothing against the clans here, there's many here that I could see myself in.

And Grinder, just because this site is great doesn't mean it's for us. I can't continually try to push a square peg in a round hole.....hope that clears it up.