Vick gets 23 months

RICHMOND, Va. -- A federal judge sentenced Michael Vick to 23 months in prison and three years' probation for his involvement in a dogfighting ring.

AP NEWS

---------------------------------

His NFL career is done imo. No way someone can be out of the league for 3 years and come back in game shape at the age of 30.

Guest Stealthknight

I say he will only actually serve appr. 8 months. Then he'll be placed on probation. He will miss next season and be picked up by a team, like the dolphins the following season lol.

You guys have to realize, this is a federal prison, not a state prison. Time off for good behavior and such is a rare breed at the Federal level.

If you are sentenced on a stated level, you can expect to see a person serve 40- 60 percent of the time that they were sentence while at the Federal level, it is at the lowest end 70% but most often 80% and above.

ShadowOfaSolja ]

I say he will only actually serve appr. 8 months.  Then he'll be placed on probation.  He will miss next season and be picked up by a team, like the dolphins the following season lol.

dolphins wont take him...have to find another team that DOESNT have a animal mascot. :)

But hey, my dolphins have not gotten any publisity for along time...at least this year you hear about them....not for good reasons...but still.

RNG187 ]

23 months? this is a disgrace for committing a FELONY. but w/e. i hope he never plays i the NFL again' date=' i never liked him, and now i have a LEGIT reason not to. but seriously[b'] i think the NFL commish isn't going to allow an ex-convict in the NFL.[/b]

I hope so.!

Guest [+30]PuddyTat
Bandit99 ]

You guys have to realize, this is a federal prison, not a state prison. Time off for good behavior and such is a rare breed at the Federal level.

If you are sentenced on a stated level, you can expect to see a person serve 40- 60 percent of the time that they were sentence while at the Federal level, it is at the lowest end 70% but most often 80% and above.

didnt martha stewart go to federal prison?? vick will end up in a minimum security facility for rich and famous schmucks with a big screen and his own weight room, and 6 months late he will be back and totally rehabilitated...lol

Deutscher75 ]

he will be back for the browns and

the dawg pound

And what the fuck is that supposed to mean? The Browns may not be the perfect (*cheating*) Patriots, but they have come along way, and are still play-off hopeful. Not everyone can suck the NFL Commissioners Dick like Bill Belichek or however you spell his name.... 8)

lol.

GO DENVER!

takes a sick man to kill a dog.... bottom line. Im personally a "dog" guy, i have a german shepherd on which ive spent countless hours training in agility, obedience, and tracking. Shes almost ready for competition and companion dog certification. I love that dog as much as any family member, and when i look at her, think of Vick it turns my damn stomach.

Now, WITH THAT SAID, i would not like seeing him in the NFL, but it is a bit ironic how quickly his case was expedited (from the raid on the kennel to actual conviction/sentencing) in only 7 months when it can take years to close a federal case on other more serious felonys.

Colonel-Kurtz ]

but it is a bit ironic how quickly his case was expedited (from the raid on the kennel to actual conviction/sentencing) in only 7 months when it can take years to close a federal case on other more serious felonys.

I feel what you're saying Kurtz, but you have to also take into consideration the large amounts of evidence that prosecutors had to stack against him.