The Cheesecake Factory and other good restaurants

So I just got back from having dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and it was freaking amazing. I had chicken pot stickers for an appetizer, Chicken Marsala and Mushrooms on bowtie pasta, with a side order of bowtie pasta with marinara, fresh pumpernickel bread, and a slice of Fresh Banana Cream Cheesecake.

So I got to thinking about other good restaurants, expensive or not and thought that it would be a good idea to see what other suggestions people have for the cities they live in and national food chain restaurants as well.

If we could create a list of cities that we all live in and then everyone give suggestions to what they think is the very best in cuisine in their area it would provide a directory of good food when we travel to cities all around the country. Me personally I love to eat, but eat with a purpose, regardless I love food.

And even if we don't do the food directory idea, how about naming off some good restaurant choices and suggestions for the hell of it.

Guest Stealthknight

Buca De Bepo (in english means "House Of Joe") But it is good for a chain. we have them in FL, but as far as great restaurants go in Orlando there is:

Victoria & Albert's (A highclass restaurant of Disneys):

Serves Seafood as well as chicken and steak with a very elegant atmosphere but bring your check book. Also this restaurant does not allow children under 10 y/o. Jacket and Tie required and expect to spend about $100 per person.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/dining/diningDetail?id=VictoriaandAlbertsDiningPage&bhcp=1

Del Friscos (Steak and Lobster):

AMAZING FOOD, Everything is ordered a la carte and is rather expensive although less then Victoria & Albert's. You can expend to spend about 50-60 a person plus tip. Service is great and a nice quiet atmosphere.

http://www.delfriscosorlando.com/

The greatest food in Western NY. If you from the area and have no clue what i am talking abouut, then u are not a true Western New Yorker............ It is the GARBAGE PLATE!!!!!!!! 

Types of plates include:

Chessburger

Hot Dog

Delmonico Steak

Italian Sausage

Even an Egg plate!

Plus many more!

rochesternyisthegarbagehq5.th.jpg   gallery23992229120226mr1.th.jpg

Nick Tahous is the way to go...wait excuse me it is now Steve Ts. Sorry. :P

I live in the Chicago land area and I personally think the best rib joint is Twin Anchors http://www.twinanchorsribs.com/, the meat falls off of the bone.

The best steak joint I think is Bogarts (south sub of Chicago)  http://chicago.metromix.com/restaurants/seafood/bogarts-charhouse-homewood/142406/content

Guest Skipper

If you are ever in Baltimore, go to a place called Speakeasy. It's in what is known as Canton square and the restaurant overlooks all the bars and hustle and bustle. It's a good cross between casual and fine dining and the food is incredible and inexpensive. I love this place!

If you want ribs, you come to my house.....period. I usually spend a Saturday a month smoking baby backs in my own rib rub. I get a Growler of my favorite microbrew and spend all day Saturday watching college football and smoking the best ribs you will ever eat. My neighbors will buy ribs and drop them off to my house....they also buy me the beer!

It's quite a set-up. I have my digital wireless thermometer going, a Cohiba ready and of course my beer. These ribs are so good. If there's only one thing in this world where I will take credit for being good at, it's my smoked baby back ribs.

We love to eat top notch around here. Like it more when the company pays for it. Here are some ideas in DFW area:

Steve Fields Lounge:

Steak * Seafood*wine

I love the steaks here. But the best is where they bring you the types of wines that go good with that preticular steak.

http://www.opentable.com/rest_profile.aspx?rid=4152

For Mexican I love La Hacienda Ranch I am not for sure if it is a chain or not. But The Food is to DIE for!

Pricing starts are not bad. Start around 10 bucks or so.