PSN Down??

Probably nothing at all since the people buying games right now have no clue that the PSN is down or what PSN is.

They are losing a fortune. They are making money every second on things like home and the PS store.

Sent with a flux capacitor at 88 miles per hour via Tapatalk

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one rarely spend money on the PSN store but that is a valid point. I was just thinking in my head that there are hundreds of parents out there buying or that have bought games for there children for the holiday. And others that have no clue about online gaming.

Edited by BLACKCLOUD--

Well I can't post from work but I still can post on the SOCOM.com forums from home. My settings at home are set to keep me signed in. I can also post on the Playstation forums from home and work.

Im also signed in all the time at both places.

Blowing Shit Up on my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Apr 25 2011

PSN Update

+ Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

I know you are waiting for additional information on when PlayStation Network and Qriocity services will be online. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update or timeframe to share at this point in time.

As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we’re working to get them back online quickly. We’ll keep you updated with information as it becomes available. We once again thank you for your patience.

Why wont they just say its going to be this long xxxx?

would u buy something,or have a contractor do some thing and say,'''well we dont have a time frame

on when u ill get ur delivery,or we dont know when we will be done!

Come on ......

Why wont they just say its going to be this long xxxx?

would u buy something,or have a contractor do some thing and say,'''well we dont have a time frame

on when u ill get ur delivery,or we dont know when we will be done!

Come on ......

Probably because there are so many angles that they have to cover. Like someone said earlier on this thread, if someone wants to get in, they will find it. Would you rather them rush the update and have it get hacked again? or wait a few more days and have it work for longer or even indefinitely... They know they are going to get attacked again, so why not prevent that now.

This is just speculation on my part. I would hope that is why they are taking their time.

Edited by Pillorian

Probably because there are so many angles that they have to cover. Like someone said earlier on this thread, if someone wants to get in, they will find it. Would you rather them rush the update and have it get hacked again? or wait a few more days and have it work for longer or even indefinitely... They know they are going to get attacked again, so why not prevent that now.

This is just speculation on my part. I would hope that is why they are taking their time.

I agree, but whatever they are doing better work because if they get attacked and PSN goes down again within a month or so of coming back on-line. That would be very very bad.

man this sux really bad for me. my wife and kids just left for a 3 week vaca on saturday. I will be home alone for 2 weeks, and joining them for the 3rd week. If they dont get this shit back up soon I'm going to miss out on some serious socom time I will never get back...

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ps3-talk.de%2Fallgemeines%2F69485-playstation-network-am-mittwoch-wieder-online.html&act=url

Got this from Socom forums. Looks like there are a couple of sites that claim the PSN will be up by Wednesday

Good news for all PlayStation 3 gamers who do not like to fail and problem-free onlinegamingmag-glass_10x10.gif without it!

Neil Martin , seines Zeichens Sicherheitsdatenbank Ingenieur , hat unseren Kollegen von

NowGamer verraten, dass die Probleme mit dem PlayStation Network vermutlich bis kommenden Mittwoch komplett behoben sind & man dass man sich ab Mittwoch wieder problemfrei einloggen könne.

Neil Martin, his sign security database engineer, our colleagues from NowGamer reveal that the problems of the PlayStation Network probably Wednesday completely resolved are coming up with & you can log off again without problems that could Wednesday.

Sämtliche Masken und Funktionen werden wie vorher sein, lediglich der Log-In Bereich ins PSN wird anders sein, so Martin .

All screens and functions are to be like before, only the Log In PSN will be different-in area, Martin said.

"The only change the consumer may see is to the way we log in to PSN."

Being remodeled, we feverishly the server code and create new authentication keys for admin areas.

Zudem werden aktuell die geleakten Entwickler-Root-Keys geändert, die den Zugriff auf die Software im PSN möglich gemacht haben.

Keys are also currently on the leaked developer root changed to the PSN in the software have made ​​possible the access.

"The main thing Sony will be doing now is taking the original server code and they will be rebuilding it using new login keys for their admin side" "We will probably take the chance to change the root key developers that was recently leaked, Which telll Particular the PSN that a piece of software is licensed and allowed to use the PlayStation Network. "

In the worst case each receives a software patch if the PSN is back online final to prevent piracy and Sun at high-level security to keep it.

Weiterhin betonte Martin , dass der Vertrauensverlust zweitrangig im Vergleich zu den finanziellen Verlusten durch Piraterie sei.

Further, Martin said that the loss of confidence in comparison to the financial losses due to piracy is secondary.

"This could mean all previous software will require a patch when it comes back online" "But inconvenience like that will be secondary to the loss of revenue via piracy and loss of security if they do not change it."

Probably, also the automatic log-painted in, since this hack programs the way significantly easier.

"Automated logins may be disabled, Which is what a lot of the Distributed Denial of Service attack programs use to strain the server."

Source: http://www.ps3-talk.de/allgemeines/6...er-online.html

This site is in German. So you may need Google Translator to read.

Source: (w/ Google Translator) http://translate.google.com/translat...e.html&act=url