UF Feedback as a player

I just wanted to put this out there...

This is our experience so far in the Tourney. We signed up 32 people to play. To be fair we have been rotating the ones in that haven't got to play. At the practice before the match we will have 18+ guys there practicing and probably hoping to play so you have to think about when picking a team do you want to be fair or have a good team. But for the individual players in the clans they don't always get to play. Those ones that don't surely out number the clans. And a few do voice there disappointment at not getting to play. I don't know a solution we might be the only once with the problem.

I don't know if it's because of the COD game or the UF tournament but the turnout has been very good. Although in the Socom tournaments the attendance towards the end of the tourney had gotten weak.

Peace Out....

We do the same thing, for us this is about having fun and for me as a leader I want to make sure every player of my clan gets a chance to war.. I had to devise some sort of system and I used the fabled "black HAT" drawing technique that is used by our creator Tow from time to time in similar situations.

Here's how I do it..

At 8:30 a clan lobby is set up, unless one of my members has pm'd me and specifically stated they would be there before 9 but can not make it earlier, I go with the members ready a half an hour early.

The designated clan rep for the night is the only person exempt and automatically in for the nights war.

I than ask if there are any present who would rather not participate for this evenings war.

IF for example we have 12 available and require only 7 this is how I do the drawing.

Those that were present the last time and gave up their seat have first priority if they wish to war for the evening.

Those that participated in the last war get their name in the hat.

Those that participated in the last two wars get their name in the hat twice. etc.. for each consectitive war a player got to play in an additional copy of their name goes in the hat..

The more you get lucky and get to be in and not have your name drawn the more likely it will be drawn the next time.

So far this has worked great. For the one or two that volunteer to sit out they get a auto pass in for the next one.. for those that only got one chance to play they have the best chance at not having their name drawn.. for the lucky ones that have played every war to date.. the odds increase that their name will be drawn eventually.

It's unbiased, it means that just because you played in the last war it doesn't mean you won't be able to for the next, however your chances increase that you're name will be drawn. I exclude no one, including myself, other than the war rep for the night from the hat.

It's all about having fun and making sure everyone that wants to.. gets a chance to play. It's not about putting the best shooters in for every war.

Our roster isn't so big that we have enough to spare, I want everyone that is available showing up and knowing they have a chance to play regardless of if they were in the last war.. The one thing I hate is if we find we are short a man or two and than the next day I get told by a member "Darn I wish I would have known you guys were short, I was home doing nothing but since I was in the last game I didn't think I would be able to play last night" From a leaders point of view, that's the last thing you want to hear...

So far, only three or so for each war have had to sit.. and for one war we only had exactly eight available.. it sucks when you have to tell someone who shows up to play they have to sit this one out.. but what sucks more is when you have to play short manned.

The worst experience i have ever had with this was the last game in Black II against 101st we played 4 against 8. Myself and my other three clan mates each had many more kills than deaths for the war... and we lost every single round. LOL. That war goes down as the best and worst war we ever had. 101st in the last couple of rounds actually sent four in against us and held back the other half their team waited and sent them... in a sort of two squads scenario.. they didn't have to do this.. and it was just their way of making it exciting and fun.. this is what UF is all about..

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

the best feelin that UF has brought me has to be in the Socom Tourneys..wed practice and hour or two before every map, and the big Havdini would sit on one side of the room and everyone else on the other, and he would choose who he sent to war,that was my favorite part...that and the 3 hour 28 round match against APC.....talk about nerve racking!

man i remember that apoc.. coming in here like 2 and a half hours after the start time to see the reports and finding out APC and Stormwatch were still at it!!! An hour later I fell asleep and you guys were STILL at it!! LOL! OMG!! I remember thinking, I hope they are taking bath room breaks!! and not just telling their guys.. JUST piss in your pants and deal with it later.. We got a game to play!! LOL..

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

lol we were actually rotating like " ok u watch my guy i gotta go piss when i get back ill watch yours.." lol i have never EVER been so on edge in my life, that was simply AMAZING it was like a high.

I agree with Goat. We do it some what the same way, all who sat out on there own request gets firsties fot the next war. Even though I am the CR I sit out as well, I have sqad leaders that are more than capable of running in a match in my place. They report back and so forth. This way people don't think I get special treatment or something. We do try to rotate in and out to keep it fair and let anyone that didn't get a chance to play a first treatment for sure on the next one. The first time around in Black III we took it a little to serious. Now its about having fun and hopefully winning LOL

Guest Stealthknight

I do mine by practice. Our members who show up to practice for the lengthiest amount of time both the night of and the night before a tourny match get to play. Simple as that. those who put the most time in get the most time involved in the tourny.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

at SxB, we ask all members that are available to sign up on the forums. then, we look at who has played and who hasnt. we build a roster based on availability to make sure everyone will get to play at least one game.

also, if for any reason a guy gets bumped from a match, we make sure he is in the following match for sure. we are not as concerned about winning and losing as we are getting everybody in the game. banshee and i have bragged up UF and our guys all think it is really cool, and unique. we have a few guys new to gaming that are amazed at the level of activity and dedication by players and the UF staff, and have nothing but good things to say about the clans they have met so far. it is important to us that we play the guys that have taken the time to learn the rules, sign up, practice, and visit all the forums they can find.

MarauderHD ]

I just wanted to put this out there...

This is our experience so far in the Tourney. We signed up 32 people to play. To be fair we have been rotating the ones in that haven't got to play. At the practice before the match we will have 18+ guys there practicing and probably hoping to play so you have to think about when picking a team do you want to be fair or have a good team. But for the individual players in the clans they don't always get to play. Those ones that don't surely out number the clans. And a few do voice there disappointment at not getting to play. I don't know a solution we might be the only once with the problem.

I don't know if it's because of the COD game or the UF tournament but the turnout has been very good. Although in the Socom tournaments the attendance towards the end of the tourney had gotten weak.

Peace Out....

Maybe it's because you have 1845 people in your clan ..lol

\\'e used to do it very similar to most of you..

People signed up on the forums to give me an idea of how many would be available, & then i would pick from one side of the practice/warm up room who was the best choice..

Based on Signing up, Time in practice room, Having a good night or not in Practice room, & overall feeling. ;D

«N» picks the best players when we think we need them. When we are a lil bit confident, the ones who are not the best gunners plays...In the end everyone plays at a certain point. «N» also knows not one person was the reason for us winning. In the end as long as «N» wins, the whole clan wins, same goes when we lose. It's a team effort.

-PiT0-

TDH would assign 4 permanant slots, the other four would be sign ups. The sign ups would be to promote web activity. We have some REAL lazy members . Im sure all of the clans do. If people complain about not playing then they were to lazy to put forth effort. That does not work LAZINESS !

Just food for thought, good luck ! TIP-TOE

We actually have a War Room. All info regarding any upcoming wars are posted there. We have sign up rosters for those interested in participating in each war. They can ask to be a backup if needed too. Once the war is over they go back in and report their stats. The War Room contains all stats for all wars and the members who participated in each war.

Check it out: http://blackopsunit.com/war-room/index.php

We did somthing a little differant we made a Squad A and Squad B and then listed all the players in the clan based on skill, smarts, and availability. So it works by if your in squad A and your on you get to war but lets say we dont have all of our squad A guys on then we start from the top play of Squad B whoes on and place them in. Ofcouce you can move up and down based on how you play in a war or if you practice or get more active.

DeAdLy-InTeNt ]

we hold sign-ups too. then who ever shows up to practise gets to be chosen first. then if a team members chooses it let someone take his spot, then the late arrivals get to play.

This tourney has actually brought a lot of new players to the squad, we have been trying to cycle them in and clicking with the team. Though we haven't won a match I'm happy where we're at right now.