Allright UF community, I went and saw Iron man last night and let me say that it kicked ass, it is right there with transformers. It is NOT for kids, there is a lot of sexual inuendos and women with next to nothing on (not complaining) but all in all it rocked and is very worth the $9 and change to go and see

.APOCALYP5E. ]

It just came out today.... ???? howd you see it last night?

Well for me, I'm in California this week. They 'always' show a 'Thursday at midnight' showing of a big blockbuster movie (technically, its Friday 12:00am). So, I might tell people that 'I saw it Thursday night', but it's actually 'Friday'...I'm only speaking for myself though.

CritiKiL ]
.APOCALYP5E. ]

It just came out today.... ???? howd you see it last night?

Well for me, I'm in California this week. They 'always' show a 'Thursday at midnight' showing of a big blockbuster movie (technically, its Friday 12:00am). So, I might tell people that 'I saw it Thursday night', but it's actually 'Friday'...I'm only speaking for myself though.

That's what it is. When I talked to him on the phone the other day, he told me he was going. We are thinking about going this weekend.

I really liked this movie.

I walked in thinking I would only think it was so-so, because being a comic book enthusiast, Iron Man was just a character I never really got into. Never my cup of tea. So being a fan of the Spider-Man and X-Men movies, I didn't think this one would rate high up there.

Now, I won't say that this one ranks up there with those two trilogy powerhouses....but this was a COOL ASS MOVIE. I liked it. Tony Stark was played to a tilt by Downey Jr. He made the flamboyant character of Stark come alive in such small nuances that I think if anyone else tried to do it, it would have come out as a forced cool. Downey does a great job as a care-to-the-wind rich playboy.

The suit itself was just AWESOME. I walked out with a new appreciation for the character that I've NEVER had through reading the Avengers comic books. And yes, you WILL wish you were the dude getting outfitted with that armor every time he suits up. It's bad ass.

Speaking of Avengers........for those going to see it and never too keen on the internet chat about movies.....STAY UNTIL THE CREDITS ARE DONE. If you're a FAN of the comics, you'll want to stay. For those who have NO conception of comic book story lines and such, the clip at the end of the credits may not carry as much weight with you.

Undertow ]

I really liked this movie.

I walked in thinking I would only think it was so-so, because being a comic book enthusiast, Iron Man was just a character I never really got into. Never my cup of tea. So being a fan of the Spider-Man and X-Men movies, I didn't think this one would rate high up there.

Now, I won't say that this one ranks up there with those two trilogy powerhouses....but this was a COOL ASS MOVIE. I liked it. Tony Stark was played to a tilt by Downey Jr. He made the flamboyant character of Stark come alive in such small nuances that I think if anyone else tried to do it, it would have come out as a forced cool. Downey does a great job as a care-to-the-wind rich playboy.

The suit itself was just AWESOME. I walked out with a new appreciation for the character that I've NEVER had through reading the Avengers comic books. And yes, you WILL wish you were the dude getting outfitted with that armor every time he suits up. It's bad ass.

Speaking of Avengers........for those going to see it and never too keen on the internet chat about movies.....STAY UNTIL THE CREDITS ARE DONE. If you're a FAN of the comics, you'll want to stay. For those who have NO conception of comic book story lines and such, the clip at the end of the credits may not carry as much weight with you.

:o Thanks for the heads up Tow. I never stay for the credits, but look like I will here. ;D

Yea, I 'always' watch the credits, mainly because if the soundtrack is cool, then I want to know what the name of the best song is, etc. My 'other' reason, is because I don't like to be among all the people who fill up the ailes when its over, so I stay until the ailes are clear ;D

Robert Downey Jr. has always been my favorite actor. Even when he did those 'urban kids w/rich parents' movies (back in the 80's, and 'no'...I cannot remember any of them right now ~ lol), 'though' most likely on drugs then...he still produced the characters he played 'better' than anyone else probably could! The very fact that he is 'drug-free' now (or at least on some 'health-drug' kick, with his wife), you cannot tell the difference of his great acting abilities (which should tell him that he did not needs those drugs to work, anyway!). Remember 'The Fugitive' (or the one that 'he' played in as the crooked FBI agent)?, Superb...as a bad guy!

Finally, I have always been a fan of the Iron Man comics! When I was little, my landlord had a garage that she let me play in, and her grandson (who went to prison), had a collection of over 300 comic books in there! I was soo stupid to take them to Jr. High school (where I had them in a locker that someone broke into and stole them all!). They were worth around $ 50,000.00.

Iron Man was my favorite along with Batman, because they never got 'biten' or some freaky shit! They were just like 'you and me' but genius' and were just as bad as the ones who got bit, or came from another planet and shit. I liked Tony Stark 'even more' when (in the comic books!), he has a heart condition which is why he made the suit in the first place, and he was flamboyant with living for the 'now'...similar to me! ~ lmao

I thought it was a great movie, there was alot of talking but it was great overall....Only thing I wished for was more action......

It seemed to me like its one of those movies that lead on to a next..

Does anyone else think if they do make Iron Man 2, that the dude from hustle and flow (4got his name) is gonna be War Machine???? When he looked at the suit towards the end, that kinda led me to that assumption...Hopefully in the Second Movie, He has the Proton Cannon ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D ;)

MRM3T ]

I thought it was a great movie' date=' there was alot of talking but it was great overall....Only thing I wished for was more action......

Does anyone else think if they do make Iron Man 2, that the dude from hustle and flow (4got his name) is gonna be War Machine???? When he looked at the suit towards the end, that kinda led me to that assumption...Hopefully in the Second Movie, He has the Proton Cannon ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D ;)

[/quote']

"At the Hollywood premiere of Iron Man, Viacom/CBS Executive Chairman Sumner Redstone and Paramount Pictures CEO Brad Grey told Entertainment Tonight that if the movie does as well as expected, Paramount will greenlight a sequel for the same week in 2010"

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/05/01/iron-man-2-in-2010/

Downey has already said that he's ready for a part 2 and everything so I'm sure there will be a part 2

I would only hope that they use an actual Marvel villain the second time around, of which I'm sure they will.

That just seems to follow, really, the only other Marvel Hollywood movie that DIDN'T really use an actual villain from the Marvel U; The Hulk.

It was a great movie and I was in shock after watching the scene after the credits. I had to make a sig right when I got home LOL. I guess I loved it so much I had to make a sig like going to white castle after Harold and Kumar. By the way DONT SEE HAROLD AND KUMAR IT WAS HORRIBLE.

MRM3T ]

I thought it was a great movie' date=' there was alot of talking but it was great overall....Only thing I wished for was more action......

[/quote']

Terrence Howard. Love that guy. He is gonna be War Machine. Most of the cast was already signed to do a 2-3 picture deal. I read a great interview where he talks about calling his dad right after agreeing to tell him he was WM. They have been planning on a second movie all along, which usually is a good thing for us.

I'm like you Tow, he was always my least favorite Avenger. But after seeing that first extended trailer a month or so ago, I've been very eager to see it. Can't wait!!