Just got back from seeing Transformers!

Just got back a bit ago from seeing Transformers on DLP and it was fucking insane! Deffinantly go and see that shit when you FIRST get the chance! I'm going to see it again on the 4th and perhaps another time after that. it was so freaking amazing and the Optimus Prime/Megatron fights are sweet! great graphic work and it's deffinantly a hit!

D

On a scale of 1-10 i would have to rate the movie between a 9.8 and a solid fuckin 10! it's just that damn good, some of the dialogue is a little quirky, but other than that it's great!

and live free or die hard was good too and i would rate it at 4 stars as well.

and Maxi don't make me spank you really hard AGAIN tonight! haha

D

I heard it was straight hard-core action through out the whole movie. There was little plot and character development.. But, what do you expect from a summer and Michael Bay flick!? I also heard that the CGI was the best ever made in a movie.

Is this true..? This Transformers stuff seems right up my ally, but I know very little about 'em.. I like a decade too late.. Lol.

Guest H.A.V.0.C

My teacher did the animation for Megatron and Optimus prime. I wish I was already as talented as he is in animation, he said he had a blast making the film.

H.A.V.0.C ]

My teacher did the animation for Megatron and Optimus prime. I wish I was already as talented as he is in animation, he said he had a blast making the film.

really??? thats fucking awesome, tell him I give him props cause it's unfrekingbelievable how good that shit is! and yeah the movie is action packed from start to finish. there is a plot, you just have to have prior knwoledge from the Transformers cartoons in the past and the character development pretty much falls in line in the same manner. OVerall very good fuckin movie! going to see it again today!

D

HOLY shit was by far the best movie I have ever seen and I have seen some great ones. This movie had it all and some amazing graphics to boot. It actually looked like they were alive. It was outstanding. And Micheal Bay action sequences...Absolutely phenomenal.

It inspired my signature as you all can see.

I have to say.....the Bumblebee/Cop Car chase in the beginning......one of the COOLEST car chases in a while.

I see a lot of people here screaming it's the best movie ever....which I think is a stretch.

But for a good, FUN summer flick, it definitely holds its own and then some.

Guest H.A.V.0.C
SouthwoodS ]

Ya i just got back from seeing it tonight. It was better than 300 and 300 was totally sweet/ sick. I will buy it on blu ray when it comes out. Hopefully they will make a second one.

I can almost guarantee they are making another one, but If they do it will take more than likely 3 years to make, and will probably release in 2009-2010 unless they started the animation on it early and have and have some of done. Why does it take so long?

Twenty four frames per second, which means 24 CGI drawing poses.

24 poses times 60 seconds= 1,440 CGI drawing poses per minute of film.

1,440 time 60 minutes = 86,400 CGI drawing poses per hour of film.

So say 2 hour movie is 172,800 CGI drawing poses.

Thats just the robots itself not including the Special effects(explosions and such) Anyways it a LONG tedious process. I have 1 minute of my short film done and it took me 4 months just to get that accomplished. I don't think people realize how long this stuff takes, it's not until you see the numbers and start doing it yourself that you actually start to appreciate the work that goes into these movies.

I agree HAVOC that they will be making another one. They basically teased us at the end so it is inevitable.

Oh and it will be well worth the wait.

TOW I wonder what you would say is your favorite movie all time. It would be hard to nail a definitive answer, for myself. The reason I say transformers is because I have never left a movie theater feeling the way I did afterward. It was weird. I had so many emotions going all at once. No other movie has ever done that for me. That is why I made that bold of a statement.

My take.........good movie(couldnt enjoy the graphics). I would rate it a 9 w/out the graphics and that says a lot. Better than 300???? I dont think so, I grew up worshiping Transformers and 300 was way harder. Now, if the humans took on the transformers themselves, then Id consider it being better than 300, but come on, 300 vs. over a million, plus the bloody fights. I do believe Starscream was the only one left alive, but I predict Unitron(with Starscreams help) coming to earth and reviving Megatron from the depths of the ocean and having an all-out world war 3. What would make this movie better than 300 was if that chick took her shirt off to reveal bare nipplage, at least 300 had some of that.

My take.........good movie(couldnt enjoy the graphics). I would rate it a 9 w/out the graphics and that says a lot. Better than 300???? I dont think so, I grew up worshiping Transformers and 300 was way harder. Now, if the humans took on the transformers themselves, then Id consider it being better than 300, but come on, 300 vs. over a million, plus the bloody fights. I do believe Starscream was the only one left alive, but I predict Unitron(with Starscreams help) coming to earth and reviving Megatron from the depths of the ocean and having an all-out world war 3. What would make this movie better than 300 was if that chick took her shirt off to reveal bare nipplage, at least 300 had some of that.

Ohh.. Megan Fox is sooo hot!