Socom Patch 1.30

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Public Beta 1.30 Patch Incoming

Posted by Seth Luisi

We are happy to announce that the eagerly anticipated SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Public Beta 1.30 Patch will be released on Thursday, September 18th, at 12:00 GMT/UTC (8am EDT, 5am PDT, 1pm BST, 9pm JST/KST).

The SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 patch addresses the following issues:

Abnormally long network synchronization issues when some users in a game have a poor network connection. This issue causes 4-7 minute (or longer) load times when late joining a game.

Fixed an issue where respawn game late joiners were sometimes stuck in spectator mode and could not respawn into the game.

Removed the latency detection network test which was causing some users with poor network connections to receive the network latency icon (red X).

Fixed an issue where clients with different client versions (patches) could play together in a default medley game.

Fixed an issue where if the session master leaves the game, late joiners could not "green up" and late join into the game.

Fixed corrupt characters in the European and Japanese EULAs and Server News.

Fixed many join game issues and made joining a game quicker. We are still optimizing this.

Fixed an issue where if you add and then remove someone from your block list they were still unable to send you a message.

Improved accuracy while moving (based on user feedback). Partial implementation. More improvements to come.

Reduced the encumbrance penalty (based on user feedback).

Changed the default round time for Medley games from 8 minutes to 6 minutes (based on user feedback).

We are still looking into the following issues and they will be addressed in a future patch:

Some late joiners have really bad framerate (5fps) and crash if they exit the game from the start menu. This happens at approximately 1/50 frequency.

Some late joiners will get stuck on the round complete screen. This is timing dependent.

Some users will crash in-game. This happens at approximately 1/100 frequency (games).

Some late joiners get stuck on the loading screen, loading into a game. This happens at approximately 1/100 frequency.

Green or corrupted particles appear for RPG, C4 and AT4 explosions. This happens at approximately 1/4 frequency (users).

Further tuning and tweaking based on user feedback.

Once the patch is released, we will continue to keep an eye out for any additional issues which may arise.

Regards,

SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team

J-Rite ]

2 patches for a game that'll last a month? good sign so far from /6.

LOL, it's a beta !!! That's what they are supposed to be doing. The proving point will be once the game drops and how fast they send out patches, fixes, etc. I'm really trying to be fair and objective with this thing and not rate the NAME but rate the GAME.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

im kinda bummed. make accuracy better while moving and take away encumberance slowness. why dont they put big smiley faces on all the soldiers. take away the rest of the realism in the game >:(

xPUDDYTATx ]

im kinda bummed. make accuracy better while moving and take away encumberance slowness. why dont they put big smiley faces on all the soldiers. take away the rest of the realism in the game >:(

Realism, come on ??? It's a game. You really think it's real that you can drop 20+ feet and just grunt and continue on ? I think this is one of the biggest issues with games, trying to rationalize the difference between reality and a game.

make a game too realistic= people wont like it.

there has to be a sense of arcade. i think americas army for pc was realistic like you died and you couldnt spawn until the entire match was over. People like fast gameplay real life deals more of stay back slow down, CAMP, gaming has to be slightly fast paced to attract a lot of people. I know it sucks but ohh well.

CDBS14 ]
Neo_Unit001 ]

Yup it was 258mbs or so' date=' I haven't played much bin busy with life with playstation. everything seems a bit better.

[/quote']

have you been watching all the news from like every country, lol. and have you been watching the protein molecule grow, lol

Yup pretty much just listening to music chilln.

Tow I haven't tried sending more invites.

IRISH BULL ]

I think the game is worse now. The load times have been dramatically decreased but the lag is ridiculous. I froze up twice, got booted, and got stuck in spectator mode. It was pretty much unplayable. >:( But its a beta, so hopefully they learn from their mistakes.

WOW.....I hadn't had any of those problems yet.

I think one or two people did online tonight, but I didn't hear that it was a widespread problem.

Hmmm......