Rockman35 ]

I figured that I would reach out to my UF brothers and sisters to see if anyone here personally knows anyone of significant importance at Dell Computers? If so post up or send me a message, it would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!

My dad WAS a TSR (Technical Sales Rep) for Dell for the last 12 years up until 4 months ago, when they decided to fire him based on his performance. Nevermind the fact that Dell sent my dad on and PAID FOR two vacations over the last two years, one to Cabo and one to Puerto Rico because of his HIGH performance record and outselling the other sales teams. Over the years he has also been awarded both a digital camera and 42" LCD based on his performance.

The real reason he was fired? Age discrimination. My dad made too much money and they knew they could hire some fresh outta college idiot for 1/4 of what he was making. Not to mention the fact that he was only 3 years from retirement. He watched it happen to everyone around him and kept counting his blessings that he was the one they hadn't "laid off" that time. And then out of nowhere, "You're fired." (Oh and did I mention that the other younger employees who couldn't meet quotas were NOT fired based on performance?)

So, depending on what you needed, I COULD have helped steer you in the right direction with the help of my dad. But, unfortunately, at this point and time, not much help here other than to tell you that if something is wrong and you expect Dell to make it right ... forget about it. If it's not in their best interest, it ain't gonna happen!

Dell sucks and I would avoid them like the plague. Big business at it's best!

That's rotten what they did to your dad HippieChik. But after my dealings with them I am not surprised. I don't suppose your dad may have some direct phone #'s to VP's etc... I will tell you why...I have obviously had an issue with them and their customer service. I was able to locate a Richard Hunter VP of Customer Experience..so I sent him a detailed letter (UPS) of what had transpired with my situation. Of course he gave it to some customer service dude to call me and we had it out on the phone. He refused to elevate my complaint to his supervisor and warned me that if I send anymore letters to anyone at Dell that it would be a waste of time because they will all go to him anyway etc...so now I am on a mission. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! If you want to remain anonymous just send me a msg.

Rockman35 ]

That's rotten what they did to your dad HippieChik. But after my dealings with them I am not surprised. I don't suppose your dad may have some direct phone #'s to VP's etc... I will tell you why...I have obviously had an issue with them and their customer service. I was able to locate a Richard Hunter VP of Customer Experience..so I sent him a detailed letter (UPS) of what had transpired with my situation. Of course he gave it to some customer service dude to call me and we had it out on the phone. He refused to elevate my complaint to his supervisor and warned me that if I send anymore letters to anyone at Dell that it would be a waste of time because they will all go to him anyway etc...so now I am on a mission. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! If you want to remain anonymous just send me a msg.

I'll email him and see if he knows any numbers there.

SHANE23 ]

Contact BBB, screw em.

The BBB ain't worth the effort. They will only act as Mediators between the two constituates. I had packed some things personally from California and sent them to where I would be living through UPS. I got to the destination state 'before' they did. When I greeted the UPS guy, the boxes that I personally packed, were like 'round balls' (no kidding!) as-if they had fell off a truck at high speed or something...

Anyways, the BBB ONLY PUT me and the Responsible dept. Together and we argued for one month. The only way that I got justice, was after I threatened to sue, by sending them 'before pickup' and 'after pickup' pictures, along with pics of the damaged TV's and Stereo equipement...including copies of reciepts of the proper packing foam that I had purchased in order to insure proper handling! Those boxes even had things like 'This side up' and 'Fragile'.

BBB AIN'T WORTH ANYTHING.

I'll email him and see if he knows any numbers there. Thanks Hippie Chik I really appreciate it. It would be sweet to by pass the assistants and get right into some suits phone!!!

I went after AOL successfully. Got 700.00 and free Roadrunner for a year too.

Called my local 'Call to Action' news station. Them Time Warner assholes CALLED ME. Sic the press on em, worked for me....... Trust me Tool we are on the same wave length here....I am far from done with these bozo's. I did file the complaint with BBB..for what its worth.

I owned a remodeling company in Austin, TX for six years. I did an addition for a high exec at Dell and got invited to their yearly picnic (this was back in 91) anyway I met Michael Dell. I was not impressed. He was sort of a prima Donna. But aside from any personal opinion. I’ve always disliked Dell’s bus. Practices.

Here’s why, Dell got started from basically a build it yourself PC stance. All they did was purchase PC parts, motherboards, processors, ram, hard drives.. etc.. slap them in a Dell case, (someone else built and stamped a Dell logo on) add Microsoft’s software, call it a DeLL and sell it. They didn’t actually invent, manufacture, design or engineer anything. Its like buying a motor from GM, a chassis from ford, seats and interior from Toyota slapping it all in a modified AMC pacer body and calling it a “Dell Vehicleâ€.

They did however provide a really good customer service support.. of course that’s history since they now outsource their support to some non English speaking country.

Reason enough to not like them, but on top of all of that, in a rather hypocritical way. Dell PC’s are some of the most proprietary PC’s built. For a company to build a pc using anyone and anybodies parts they can get the best deal on and then build it in such a way that makes it difficult to change the motherboard (dell motherboards are ordered so that they only fit dell cases) as well as upgrade other things using anything other than so called “Dell†parts is absurd. Giving their past and the way they began, to me its simply deceitful and two-faced.

I never liked Dell that much for the above reasons and after reading about Hchicks dad. I can now say I hate them.. they suck.. take a sledge hammer to your Dell. Head to a local PC parts store and build it yourself. It’s not that hard, if a dweeb like Michael Dell can do it anybody can.

Guest SuddenRedScare

I've had the same HP desktop for eight years now. A few years ago the power supply failed and I had to get a replacement, but other than that, it's been fine. I rather enjoy my HP laptop as well.