Guest CplKoontz

Guest CplKoontz

COMING SOON

1_04_01_09_11_57_31.jpg

Published by: Bethesda Softworks

Developed by: Zombie

Release Date: March 2, 2009

Genre: First-Person Shooter

Rogue Warrior is a story-driven shooter that provides team-based tactical combat set in massive,

contiguous levels using Unreal 3 streaming technology.

Rogue Warrior First Look

Bethesda steps out of Oblivion and into North Korea.

ABOUT ROGUE WARRIOR:

Rogue Warrior is a story-driven shooter that provides team-based tactical combat set in massive, contiguous levels using Unreal 3 streaming technology. Central to the game's single and multiplayer experience is the idea of a freeform battlefield, where players are given the freedom to choose how to complete a given objective.

You play Dick Marcinko, leader of an elite SEAL unit trapped behind enemy lines in North Korea as a war breaks out between North and South Korea. Greatly outnumbered and with no support and limited resupply, you must try to lead your team back into South Korea without alerting the North Korean army of your presence. Your journey will take you through a variety of never-before-seen environments inside of North Korea, including submarine pens, shipbreaker yards, prison camps, and more.

GENERAL FEATURES:

State-of-the-art graphics using Unreal 3 streaming technology that provides non-linear levels and photorealistic environments with full use of the latest shader technology

The campaign can be played alone or with up to three friends in four-player co-operative mode

Full multiplayer support for up to 24 players in ten different gameplay modes, and a unique tile-based map system that allows for more maps than any other shooter

Enemy and team AI that move and fight realistically in a variety of combat situations

Current and former SEALs work closely with the development team to ensure that everything from tactics to weapons to dialog achieves unprecedented realism

A full physics system, motion-captured animations, and sound effects by Oscar award-winning studio SoundDelux DMG (Black Hawk Down, Kill Bill) bring combat to life like never before

Anyone heard of this or anything? Looks like another COD/Socom contender

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

October 27, 2006 (Rockville, MD) - Bethesda Softworks, a ZeniMax Media company, today announced its plans to publish Rogue Warrior, an authentic, tactical first-person shooter based on the best-selling book series by Richard (Dick) Marcinko, former U.S. Navy SEAL and founder of both SEAL Team Six and Red Cell. Rogue Warrior is being developed for the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment system, and Windows by Zombie Studios in conjunction with Bethesda Softworks. Rogue Warrior is scheduled for a fall 2007 release.

I thought Socom got delayed for a long time.. this was slated for fall 07 release

just looked at the screen shots.. If this game can run smooth online and game play is good this might just be the end of Socom !!

BigMoneyNacku ]
Tool_Minion ]

OMFG.

First off, if Bethesda does it, it will be BEAUTIFUL.

Sho Nuff. Bethesda does a beautiful job on their games.

You guys couldn't have said it better myself. If the quality is anything close to Oblivion of Fallout 3, nothing to worry about. This should be interesting.

Chili-Palmer ]

Wait..

All the Socrack addicts wont like it still, because it is still 1st person.. otherwise they would be playing the Call of Duty's now. :-\

Should be good though for us that have moved on.! ;)

I do not like FPS. I WILL give this game a try simply because of the Dev. Bethesda is what eery Dev should be.

Very cool..

I was just going off of this description..

CpT_NuTJoB ]

October 27, 2006 (Rockville, MD) - Bethesda Softworks, a ZeniMax Media company, today announced its plans to publish Rogue Warrior, an authentic, tactical first-person shooter based on the best-selling book series by Richard (Dick) Marcinko, former U.S. Navy SEAL and founder of both SEAL Team Six and Red Cell. Rogue Warrior is being developed for the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment system, and Windows by Zombie Studios in conjunction with Bethesda Softworks. Rogue Warrior is scheduled for a fall 2007 release.

I thought Socom got delayed for a long time.. this was slated for fall 07 release

just looked at the screen shots.. If this game can run smooth online and game play is good this might just be the end of Socom !!

I hope you are right Tool, but according to IGN it is still only 1st person.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/849/849720.html

I remember fallout 3 and oblivion being 1st and 3rd person games.

The only problem was if you didnt play it in 1st person the controls were terrible and had a delay of response. I HATED the 3rd person controls on both of them games.

I cant stand FPS thats why i would never own one that cost me more than i might go 15 bucks.

I Dont care if its the BEST GAME ever made,.. if its a FPS I wont buy it. I just cant stand them.

MSRP: $29.99..!!!

General Features

- State-of-the-art graphics using Unreal 3 streaming technology that provides non-linear levels and photorealistic environments with full use of the latest shader technology

- The campaign can be played alone or with up to three friends in four-player co-operative mode

- Full multiplayer support for up to 24 players in ten different gameplay modes, and a unique tile-based map system that allows for more maps than any other shooter

- Enemy and team AI that move and fight realistically in a variety of combat situations

- Current and former SEALs work closely with the development team to ensure that everything from tactics to weapons to dialog achieves unprecedented realism

- A full physics system, motion-captured animations, and sound effects by Oscar award-winning studio SoundDelux DMG (Black Hawk Down, Kill Bill) bring combat to life like never before

*edit*

oops Koontz already posted the "General Features" but look at that price.!!

Wow, that looks verrrrry interesting.

While both Oblivion and Fallout were graphically outstanding. Bethesda is not without its problems.. With Oblivion there was a horde of issues, lots of glitches and game hiccups. Bethesda was slow and not helpful with patches or fixes.. Stating things like.

“we have moved on and won’t be supporting Oblivion anymore†! excuse me! when did you support it in the first place.. making add-on’s to sell isn’t support, your game is still being sold.. wtf do you mean you won’t support it anymore!! You’re still making money aren’t you?

For Fallout I lost count of how many places in the world you could get stuck between a rock and a hard place.. Literally… the character often times just got stuck, can’t jump out can’t run or crawl out, can’t fast travel because you’re inside.. only thing to do is reload a prior save. This happened much to often in Fallout.

Lastly Bethesada’s games have been PC based mostly, Oblivion and Fallout both could be console command controlled to get by things, this allowing mods to be made by the gamers that played them on the PC. Neither game was multiplayer nor online community or co-op.. Now they are making a console only, online shooter, multiplayer, co-op. It’s sort of like Harley Davidson saying they are now going to be making pick up trucks?

All said I’ll probably be giving it a try.. but I’m not that confident it won’t be without problems.

Chili-Palmer ]

We'll just have to wait and see.. but it does have potential. ;)

Totally agreed..

at the least with heavy hitters like Bethesda and Zombie entering the shooter genre.. Slant Six had better get their Schit together!! real soon.. look out there's a new kid on the block.

While I hear you on the Oblivion, I came into it late in the game and purchased the GOTY edition. I have logged over 80 hours of gameplay, and have gotten stuck 2X.

Now, take how many times SOCOM has booted me to the front end...............you see my point.

No game maker is perfect, but Bethesda continues to innovate on the next gen systems guys. That is alot more than we can say for alot of the other game makers right now......

I liked this:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/roguewarrior/news.html?sid=6160579&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;2

While the Tom Clancy brand dominates the genre of realistic military shooters, it's going to get some competition from a legendary Navy SEAL. Bethesda and Zombie Interactive are currently working on Rogue Warrior, a tactical shooter for the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 that's based on the fiction novels of the same name by Richard Marcinko, a former Navy SEAL commander whose best-selling autobiography is also titled Rogue Warrior. However, the game won't be based on Marcinko's real-life exploits in the Vietnam War.

Instead, the plot, which could almost be ripped from today's headlines, is set in modern-day North Korea.

In Rogue Warrior, you'll lead Marcinko's four-man SEAL team deep into enemy territory. The game's plot has you infiltrate a North Korean submarine facility to get intelligence data on that country's nuclear capabilities. However, while you're busy doing this, North Korea launches a massive invasion of South Korea, and war erupts. Since all friendly forces have their hands full, you'll have to find your own way out of North Korea, which means you must escape and navigate through enemy territory.

There are a couple of key things to note about the game. The first is that this isn't a rigidly scripted game, like so many other military shooters. The design team at Zombie felt that the "rails" approach favored in those games (so called because you're basically restricted to a single path) doesn't really capture the essence of SEAL combat. SEALs are the Navy's elite commando units, and they're usually dispatched in small teams to operate behind enemy lines. That means SEALs must be smart, resourceful, and flexible, and to capture this element of SEAL warfare Rogue Warrior will have fairly large levels for a first-person shooter. The idea is that you'll be able to approach tactical situations in the manner that you determine.

For instance, in the example that we were shown, Marcinko's SEAL team approached a North Korean ship-breaking yard (where ships are torn apart for their metal). In this situation, there were three paths that the team could follow, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. One path might be more direct, but it also increases the odds of detection, while a safer option might offer a more roundabout path that takes longer to navigate. The idea is that you can tailor your tactics to fit your situation. However, having this freedom of movement in such large levels doesn't mean that Rogue Warrior will be like The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Bethesda's hugely popular fantasy role-playing game. Rogue Warrior's levels are big, but not gigantic. The levels are designed for tactical flexibility, not exploring a huge dynamic world.

During your adventures behind enemy lines, you'll encounter a wide variety of environments and foes. In the beginning, you'll battle North Korean conscripts, but as you progress closer and closer to the front lines of the battlefield, you'll encounter elite North Korean Special Forces, basically the equivalent of the SEAL team. North Korea has the largest Special Forces contingent in the world, too. These enemies promise to be intelligent. For instance, the bad guys will actually talk to each other on the radio, and that means if you neutralize a guard and his buddies start asking for him over the radio, you're in trouble because they're going to investigate why he disappeared.

The game is also going to be fairly flexible in how you play it. You can switch between first- or third-person views, depending on your preference. And you can also play the game as a team tactics game, where you give simple, context-sensitive commands to your teammates (for example, you can tell one to sneak up on a guard and knife him), or you can play it as more of a run-and-gun-style action game, where your teammates just follow you wherever you go. The really cool thing about the team mechanics is that the campaign supports cooperative gameplay, whereby other players can jump in and take over any of the other three slots in your team. And if anyone drops out, the AI will take over, so you don't miss a beat.

As cool as this new cooperative mode sounds, the new tiling system for the competitive multiplayer is even more interesting. The developers explained that one of the problems with online action games is that the levels never change. Rogue Warrior addresses this by separating the map into three sections that can be mixed and matched to create hundreds of different maps. Each side can select a map tile that it wants for its side of the map, while the middle tile is determined by the server. So if one side likes to snipe, it can choose a tile with long fields of fire for its section, but the other side can counter this by choosing a built-up tile for its section, thus negating the sniper's fields of fire. The middle section is a bit of the wild card, as the server can randomly select it. Put it together, and you never know quite how each map will play out.

Rogue Warrior is being built on the Unreal 3 engine, the same one being used for the upcoming Gears of War, so it goes without saying that the visuals, even at this early stage, look really sharp. The character modeling on the various SEAL team members is eerily good. However, this may be a game in which the audio outdoes the Unreal 3 graphics, as Marcinko and the other ex-Navy SEALs that he bases his characters on provide their own voices in the game. And if you've read any of his novels, you know that the man has a very "colorful" way with the English language. He talks like the seasoned sailor that he is--only this is a seasoned sailor with a master's degree. Listening to his descriptions of a tactical situation is humorous, crude, and enlightening at the same time.

Bethesda and Zombie hope that Rogue Warrior shakes up the military shooter genre. This is a genre that Zombie has plenty of experience with thanks to its Spec Ops games, but by teaming with Marcinko's popular franchise and infusing Rogue Warrior with tactical flexibility, we may be seeing the birth of a new kind of shooter. Rogue Warrior is scheduled to ship for the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 next year.

Guest CplKoontz

I agree with most of you guys:) I didnt even know about this game till I saw it on another forum, and was like man maybe you guys would like it..

I love the Map tile construction thing...If it works right, i think UF could use this game as a sweet setup.

Guest CplKoontz

IGN: We've been told there would be 10 different multiplayer modes. What modes can we expect? What will make them stand out from the standard multiplayer modes we've been seeing for years?

John Williamson: The big thing that makes them stand out is the pre game map tile voting system. It adds the need for a bit more strategy up front, better team co-operation. See the following questions for more in depth info on the tiles.

But to the game modes question. Almost all the game modes are built around capture points. All the variations come from how those points are captured, how many points need to be captured and the victory conditions required to win the round. There are also numerous other options that the host can set to give the greatest flexibility and number of gameplay options. (weapon limits, round duration, victory conditions, friendly fire, number of team respawns, number of Control Points, etc.) So in addition to the 200+ map tile combinations, the victory conditions and gametypes, make that number far larger. Currently, we have 12-13 gametypes we are experimenting with. The most popular so far are:

1. DM - Straight up Deathmatch.

2. TDM - Team Deathmatch

3. CTF - Capture the Flag variant. The team needs to move a "flag" from one capture point to another to capture it. Victory conditions can be based on number of capture points or total time capture points are held.

4. VIP - Only one member of each team (the VIP) can capture the control points. Each time the VIP is killed, a new VIP is chosen. Victory conditions can be based on number of capture points or total time capture points are held.

5. Hold and Conquer - The team must capture and hold all the domination points at the same time to win.

6. Squad Capture - to capture a point, the team needs more than 1 player alive at the capture point. Victory conditions can be based on number of capture points or total time capture points are held.

7. Capture Once - Once a control point is captured it can't be uncaptured. The team that captures the most points the fastest wins.

8. King of the Hill - Only the Center Tile's Control point(s) are active. Victory conditions can be based on number of capture points held at one time or total time capture points are held.

9. Pure Time Capture - Time points are awarded for each control point held. Only one team member is needed to capture each point. The more points that are held, the more time bonuses are given. The team that holds the point to collect enough time, wins.

10. Promotion - For each successive kill you get, you are awarded more points, but you obtain the most points/highest rank, by killing those who rank above you, less points for kill those below you. Goal is to be the highest ranked player at the end of the match.

11. Demotion - One player is randomly choose as the Fleet Admiral. Everyone else tries to kill them. The person that kills the Fleet Admiral becomes the Fleet Admiral. The longer they stay alive + more kills they obtain, the more points they accrue. The winner is the person who is the Fleet Admiral the longest.

We also support bots to fill out the sides and allow you to practice off line.

I like that you can practice offline. While bots and their AI usually are nothing comparded to real people, it will help to find good spots, and learn the maps...Plus the gametypes look pretty good also

What worries me a little is I went ot both the DEV site and the publishers site and found nothing !! not a Single thing about this game.. Keep in mind as sick as it looks this was to be released Nov 08 and was first talked about in 2006.. Now I also remember that Zombie does Americas Army,, Hmmmm

My fingers are crossed !