Rogue Warrior????

Guest CplKoontz

The latest news I’ve heard.. (back on June 8th ).. as I’ve been extremely interested in this Rebellion http://www.rebellion.co.uk/ and Bethesda game http://www.bethsoft.com/ is this news report posted at Examiner.com for Mlps which was done by a reporter for the examiner from Oklahoma City which can be found here Rogue Warrior the news article gives Rogue Warriors official site http://www.roguewarrior.com/ go there if you are in need of a fix for Rogue action…

From what I can tell from the forums at Bethesda they are acting in more of a publisher, distributor type capacity than developer. Zombie which was originally indicated as the developer it seems is now out of the picture… although nothing can be found that indicates why or even when this happened. The reigns it seems now belong to Rebellion which developed a James bond title with EA and also did Rogue Trooper with Eidos. They bought our Strangelite which worked wih Core Design on the Lara Croft Series in 07. Which put them among the bigger European devs. Last year they acquired Razorworks and worked with Activision on COD WAW. They seem to be able to work across all platforms on a wide array of projects so they are defiantly a up and comer for game devs or at least that’s what they say in their own company profile.

Bethesda may now be taking on a more team dev relationship with Rebellion on the title but they aren’t telling exactly how much or how little they are now contributing besides that of the publisher.

That's all I got for now..

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CplKoontz
Chili-Palmer ]

Either way, it looks great, & i cant wait.!! ;D

By the way Koontz can you edit the title of this thread, & spell Rogue Warrior correctly, its really buggin me. lol

LOL......its fixed just for you:) lol

• 3 weeks later...

Bethesda has announced and re-affirmed its role on Rogue Warrior is strictly as the Publisher of the game and that the don't have anything going on with the development. However they have also on occasions let it slip that they are acting as advisers as well as providing technical assistance for the games engine and graphics as well as other areas of its development. It appears to me that although they are letting Rebellion handle things for the most part they are also concerned that their name will be associated with the project hence they are acting in a quality control type manner. Other than that they aren't saying much on how much or how little they are actively involved in the games development and have stressed their role is primarily the publisher of the title.

• 4 weeks later...

Game stop announced a price drop on the pre-order of Rogue Warrior.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=rogue%20warrior

its just a $10 drop but it brings it in-line with the general $50 price tag.

its still scheduled to ship for October 1st.. which is 55 days away.

• 3 months later...

I actually say this today and I was not impressed at all. The character models on the enemies look like SHIT and well.. I pretty much stopped thinking about the game once I saw the grenade explosion at 1:15. I seriously think Socom 2 has better explosions than this sorry excuse for a grenade.

Rogue Warrior PC (HD) by GameGit.Com

On many forums I go to, people are saying the game is shit. Dated graphics, bad AI and just a terrible game in general. Said it was an extremely short game, like 8 missions and the game is like 4-5 hours long max.

wowser, i have to say graphics arent great. but that dont take away from that game at all. imo graphics aint a huge deal. shit, as long as its multiplayer, and has fun ass gameplay im all for it.

and just from watching the vids, the gameplay looks good, i like the nice transitions from fps to tps and the melee stealth kills(which will probably get repetitive.) regardless ill probably rent.

Chili-Palmer ]

Wait..

All the Socrack addicts wont like it still, because it is still 1st person.. otherwise they would be playing the Call of Duty's now. :-\

Should be good though for us that have moved on.! ;)

im a socrack head yet i LOVE oblivion fallout 3 and hopefully this. get yo facts straight son.

COWonCRACK ]

wowser, i have to say graphics arent great. but that dont take away from that game at all. imo graphics aint a huge deal. shit, as long as its multiplayer, and has fun ass gameplay im all for it.

and just from watching the vids, the gameplay looks good, i like the nice transitions from fps to tps and the melee stealth kills(which will probably get repetitive.) regardless ill probably rent.

Great post. Graphics aren't a concern at all, IMO. If the replayability/online play are up to par, I'm down.

p.s. Rufio is gay. :angel:

BigMoneyNacku ]
COWonCRACK ]

Great post. Graphics aren't a concern at all, IMO. If the replayability/online play are up to par, I'm down.

That's the thing.. the game doesn't even look fun. It looks like a shitty Splinter Cell clone with a bunch of fucks. With the games that are out now and the ones coming up Q1 of next year, I really don't see where Rogue Warrior fits in... especially since it just looks half-assed. Always remember, if a game is getting no sort of publicity and had a quiet release, there's a reason for that.

BigMoneyNacku ]
COWonCRACK ]

I disagree. At this time in gaming, I believe we should have both. There is not an excuse anymore.

rofl, yes, i expect the best graphics out of any game, but im not going to let that cloud my judgement. the graphics are the last thing i take into consideration, i mean some of the best games are the older ones with pixels the size of a god damn fingernail,.

pfft and nacku, your beastality anal loving karate kid sig leaves you with little room to talk. :D :D :) hahaa

COWonCRACK ]

rofl, yes, i expect the best graphics out of any game, but im not going to let that cloud my judgement. the graphics are the last thing i take into consideration, i mean some of the best games are the older ones with pixels the size of a god damn fingernail,.

pfft and nacku, your beastality anal loving karate kid sig leaves you with little room to talk. :D :D :) hahaa

Indeed! LOL.