Rogue Warrior????

Guest CplKoontz

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well in my opinion socom confrontation is the worst game ever made, makes the PS3 look bad and we are more than giving /6 too much time to fix this game. By kz2 release day online the extreme diehard fans will play it and by cod modern warfare2 you must be nuts to play socom; i know that many people have a sentimental connection to the game and think that third person is the greatest made but socom confrontation was just an EPIC FAILURE and hopefully next time sony gives up one of its great franchises to an inexperienced developer they take more precautions.

Games like socom should be made like their best or original version, remember if it ain't broken don't fix it; /6 gave a mediocre attempt at making at socom2 like game and failed; from what i hear, it does not even resemble it.

Guest CplKoontz
CDBS14 ]

well in my opinion socom confrontation is the worst game ever made' date=' makes the PS3 look bad and we are more than giving /6 too much time to fix this game. By kz2 release day online the extreme diehard fans will play it and by cod modern warfare2 you must be nuts to play socom; i know that many people have a sentimental connection to the game and think that third person is the greatest made but socom confrontation was just an EPIC FAILURE and hopefully next time sony gives up one of its great franchises to an inexperienced developer they take more precautions.

Games like socom should be made like their best or original version, remember if it ain't broken don't fix it; /6 gave a mediocre attempt at making at socom2 like game and failed; from what i hear, it does not even resemble it.

[/quote']

one reason why i cant freaking wait for MAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red0ctobeR ]

Just to let you know MAG WONT be like SOCOM 2. It will more then likely be like SOCOM 3. Large open maps and vehicles.

true, i mean people don't even know if it will be FPS or third person; coming from zipper it might be Third person; also the large scope of this game makes me doubt an 09 release; just the size and well trying to figure out how everyone will communicate might take a long time.

Guest CplKoontz
CDBS14 ]
Red0ctobeR ]

Just to let you know MAG WONT be like SOCOM 2. It will more then likely be like SOCOM 3. Large open maps and vehicles.

true' date=' i mean people don't even know if it will be FPS or third person; coming from zipper it might be Third person; also the large scope of this game makes me doubt an 09 release; just the size and well trying to figure out how everyone will communicate might take a long time.

[/quote']

well they have been working on the game for 4 years now:) at e3 last year it was in its 3rd year or development, so they have had alot of time for it.:)

I dont mind it being open maps, vehicles and stuff...... I like the idea of it.

KOONTZ--X ]
CDBS14 ]
Red0ctobeR ]

true' date=' i mean people don't even know if it will be FPS or third person; coming from zipper it might be Third person; also the large scope of this game makes me doubt an 09 release; just the size and well trying to figure out how everyone will communicate might take a long time.

[/quote']

well they have been working on the game for 4 years now:) at e3 last year it was in its 3rd year or development, so they have had alot of time for it.:)

I dont mind it being open maps, vehicles and stuff...... I like the idea of it.

now think, 3 years and that was a year ago, so 4 years and no gameplay footage? no more news? hope it hasnt been canceled.

CDBS14 ]

well in my opinion socom confrontation is the worst game ever made' date=' makes the PS3 look bad and we are more than giving /6 too much time to fix this game. By kz2 release day online the extreme diehard fans will play it and by cod modern warfare2 you must be nuts to play socom; i know that many people have a sentimental connection to the game and think that third person is the greatest made but socom confrontation was just an EPIC FAILURE and hopefully next time sony gives up one of its great franchises to an inexperienced developer they take more precautions.

[/quote']

at3dave ]

No, because in three minutes you can tell its not tactictal.

I dont give a shit who a game is made by. If it sucks it sucks. ::)

And COD sucks. LoL .. Dont forget.. its all IMO

(Also is a FIRST PERSON)

This is why Socom and COD people shouldn't mix. Neither side gets the other. ;D

Chili and WiZ and the others can claim they hopped the fence, but they are still Socom people. If by some miracle /6 fixed the gameplay on Socom, people WILL rush back to it. It has nothing to do with sentiment, and there is no way you can understand that having not played the previous installments. Socom 1 & 2 are still the greatest shooters to date, BAR NONE. Nothing on these next gen systems has passed them and I don't expect any of these new ones to. The way that Socom originally brought people together to play and FEEL like they WERE a tactical seal team is indescribable. Sitting up till 4 am with 10 of your clanmates all with sweaty palms, all not wanting to log off and leave their TEAM shorthanded. Using the TW to draw out a gameplan and execute it in the field for a victory. Spending HOURS on each map doing nothing but figuring angles and looking for spots, choke points, grenade route, and all the other creamy socom goodness.

THAT is the reason the Socom nation is in upheaval. THAT is the reason so many people refuse to give up on this game. THAT is the reason so many will come back if the game ever gets working up to current standards. Underneath all the bullshit that /6 has buried us in, the fundamental Socom gameplay is there. It's the reason the complaints are so long too. If my son did his chores shitty, I'd nitpick the hell out of them when I made him re-do them. Gamers are no different. Some of the crappy "innovations" like the new weapon select wheel wouldn't have been a big deal if the stackables worked, and the framerate was fine.

People that come from a FPS RNG gamestyle just don't get that. It's not about how many ppl YOU can own. It's about how many wins your TEAM can amass.

Sorry for the rant fellas..... :-*

I agree with most of that Money, but honestly i think a bigger reason Socom 1 & 2 feel SO GREAT is because they were the first.

They were the ones that brought us all together, and now all online shooters do basically the same thing, but Socom was first.. and we will never get that first time feeling again from an online shooter. ;)

That is the bottom line, & as soon as people realize that NO GAME will ever compare.. and give that same feeling again.. you can start actually comparing games to each other. :)

I do realize that. It's why my expectations weren't as high as most. But like I said before nothing keeps my attention. GOW2, RB6, COD, Halo, KZ, nothing. I don't believe I'm trying to rekindle anything. A big part of it for me is FP. Just not my thing.

The only other shooter game I liked alot was a tom clancy one. 2v2 seals didn't have weapons and had to sneak with 3rd person, but mercs had guns and fps only? Can't remember the name, but apparently nobody else liked it because the servers just died. Could never find a game. Too bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, a couple of things...

Despite Software.com's claim of a release date of 3/02/09 this title won't be released anywhere near that date. Also that $29.99 price tag (which I already figured had to be wrong) was the suggested retail for this game way back in 2006 when they first started development of it.

Game stop has officially listed Rogue Warrior

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=64074

The release date is 10/01/09 and the price is the standard $59.

Bethesda Forums has a post which states...

"Rogue Warrior is still in development, the title has undergone a complete transmutation from our original concept to a much more complete online shooter title. Here at Bethesda we are committed to delivering a finished product while maintaining a high level of game play our customers have come to expect. Our goal is to fully test and evaluate the games performance in order to insure the game's stability is assured and the game play is free from problems prior to its release."

Holy schit! if only slant six would have been so committed to excellence.

I'm disappointed the release date has been delayed, but if the reason is they want to release a online shooter that is actually finished and ready the day it is released.. then by all means take your time. I'm sick and tired of buying games that don't work right from the moment I open the box.

Goat ]

"Rogue Warrior is still in development, the title has undergone a complete transmutation from our original concept to a much more complete online shooter title. Here at Bethesda we are committed to delivering a finished product while maintaining a high level of game play our customers have come to expect. Our goal is to fully test and evaluate the games performance in order to insure the game's stability is assured and the game play is free from problems prior to its release."

Sounds like they read the post about Socom too. lol

Chili-Palmer ]
Goat ]

Sounds like they read the post about Socom too. lol

I'm sure they play the game too. Hell they're probably part of the posters on Socom.com.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...