No wonder Confrontation isn't finished

Maybe you are sticking with it because of the past, Malu. I personally like this game alot. Bugs are nothing new, imo, so I can wait for them to fix them. The gameplay is much better than previous socom games or anything else on the market right now.

I tell you, I was much closer to giving up Socom back when 3/CA hit than I am now.

MaluNYMets ]

Come on Zipper wasn't THAT bad or any where CLOSE to slant six. Would we even playing Socom now if they were bad? We are sticking with it because of our past with it ONLY reason. Loyalty because of what socom use to be and hoping one day it will be back.

HUH? Are we forgetting how SHITTY S3 and CA were? I played the hell out of them, but only because of my clan and friends. How about how long Zipper dropped the ball on "Map Packs" it took them almost 2 years to release a second map pack. If anything, although not being a bad game and I enjoy it, Confrontation convinced me of one thing: Socom will never be what it was in S1 and S2

I think what some of you are forgetting is who REALLY made the changes. Personally I don't blame Zipper. Think about WHO was overseeing the project and what directions it took. Who left in the middle of Socom 2's development because he didn't like the way the things were headed?

Seth Luisi wanted his fingerprints ALL over the Socom series. He wanted the world to see his vision and that he could make a game WITHOUT David Sears influence! Once Seth was FULLY the lead developer this game has gone DOWNHILL!!

Personally if Sears was still in charge some of us would be losing jobs because of Socrack! Seth is the ONE AND ONLY who should take ALL THE BLAME!!

wah wah wah i miss socom 1 and 2 yeah yall have said that a million times already, fix the broken record.

my entire clan except for 1 maybe 2 people literally quit playing when s3 came out, and what, 4 years later i think? we are back and having a great time playing confrontation. personally i dont give a shit whether its the same game or not, but it allowed me to play a game with all the ppl i enjoyed playing with so long ago, so thank you seth luisi.

Lexaeus ]

wah wah wah i miss socom 1 and 2 yeah yall have said that a million times already, fix the broken record.

my entire clan except for 1 maybe 2 people literally quit playing when s3 came out, and what, 4 years later i think? we are back and having a great time playing confrontation. personally i dont give a shit whether its the same game or not, but it allowed me to play a game with all the ppl i enjoyed playing with so long ago, so thank you seth luisi.

That's the thing though. The main reason we still play this game day in/day out and get our fun from is our respective clans. Without our clans this game would be on the back burner for all of us, including you Lex. We don't play this game because it's the most exemplary game out there, it's because of the community of players we play with and whose company we enjoy. The sad fact is though that for such a dedicated group of players you'd think they would release an exemplary title.

I really wish they'd release more information about SOCOM Confrontation and what direction it's heading in. There isn't even a whisper as to adding in the features that were originally promised. Not a fucking peep as to the promised "once month and every 3 months" DLC on the PSN.

This is my first (online) SOCOM, so I don't have a reference for how the multiplayer was in the old games or experience with Zipper but I've had quite a few "heart pounding" moments in this game and I've played quite a few shooters.

What peeves me the most is the total disregard for keeping the SOCOM community updated. The SOCOM site still has that lame post that talks about clans and stats as if there isn't any other issues that are important. The fact that we're kept in the dark is what pisses me off the most.

I read an interview with Seth that was from a couple of years ago and his vision of what he wanted SOCOM Confrontation to be. He want tight combat, an environment you could use in your strategy, rewarding people for knowing the maps, and rewarding teams for working together. I think in that regard, it's exactly as it should be.

I think most people who are hardcore fans of the series, do not like the changes made to the game. I'm SICK AND TIRED of people crying and saying the graphics "look like ps2 graphics", wtf? For one, at the very basis of comparison you cannot even say that 720p is like the ps2's meager 480p. I think the people who say that are playing on crappy 4:3 SD TV's so they can't notice the difference as far as the textures go. There's no excuse for not noticing the increased polygon count though. The graphics are pretty damned good and very detailed. I've seen ingame footage of the old XR, DG, and FF maps and anyone saying that the graphics haven't improved needs to upgrade their AV equipment or get their eyes checks, clean their glasses, etc.

I have the damned "retardo wheel" for weapons selection. It's stupid, stupid, stupid. I don't need to have played previous games to know that. It's clunky, awkward and slow. The only consolation is that everyone is using that same craptacular interface, so at least it's even. The invite system is garbage. I feel like I've taken increased latency pills whenever I need to send an invite. They need to implement some sort of cache system for the invite menus. Then they need to condense it and make it more efficient.

I'm also fucking annoyed that people keep requesting MORE features. They already have their hands full trying to get the limited features/weapons/maps/etc shit that exists polished up.

Sony and Slant Six screwed the pooch with this game. In this crumbling economy, you'd think they'd be a bit more focused on customer satisfaction. Keep us in the loop, keep are interest. Don't post some whack generic post on a blog that doesn't address 8 out of 10 major issues. And if there were top ten issues, those cited would be #'s 9 and 10, imo.

I've seen the old slant Six games site and it was pretty nice. It seemed like it was put together to look "hip and cool" like so many Flash based sites these days look. I don't care of their site was put together on MS Frontpage 98 because their site doesn't equal the quality of their game. Look at the SOCOM.com site and see what amounts to a blog that most anyone can make with one-click in Fantastico Deluxe.

This is my first SOCOM, and while I only played the first two in single-player modes, I can see why the series and the gameplay are so addictive. We can all bitch but the fact of the matter is if we genuinely didn't like it, we'd have traded in and we wouldn't bother posting about it. The thing to be worried about is if people stop caring. Confrontation has some things going for it, or it wouldn't be the game that's in my PS3 9 times out of 10 when I turn it on. It wouldn't be the number one bitched about game on the Official Playstation forums if people weren't passionate about it.

A lot of people criticize Seth for screwing up the series but at the very least, some of the core elements of gameplay are still there. Maybe the series is dead but I'd like to think that what got me hooked from the first time I played it online with my clan is enough to keep SOCOM around.

MAG MAG MAG--I'm so sick and tired of hearing about that upcoming "MAG" from Zipper. I've read lots of old forum posts on the internet where people are crying their vagina's out because they hated Zipper so much and how they'd never buy a Zipper game again and now their heralding MAG like it's some magical game that's going to be like SOCOM. Well, if Zipper were doing another SOCOM, they'd have been developing it instead of Slant Six. Unfortunately, Zipper was already involved in a project (ie MAG) and the rookie team got the contract. We don't know jack shit about MAG and so it's impossible to be have so much faith that it'll be awesome.

The fact of the matter is that not everyone will be happy with SOCOM Confrontation but when it plays good it's awesome and when it's sucking it fucking sucks.

Slant Six should have stayed making games for the PSP platform and SOCOM Confrontation shouldn't have been released until it was finished. In essence we're playing a beta and as long as I look at it like that, it's an easier pill to swallow. At least I bought it with the headset bundle so the game was just $20.

Right now, SOCOM is the only game where you can get as many people on and all play together, bullshit around in the dead room or the lobby and generally have a good time. And like Lex said, at least there's a game we can all play together and sometimes, that's a bit more important than the game's flaws.

I have been bitching about this game since the beta. I was one of those people who got fired up when others told me that "the beta is just a beta". How fucking wrong were they, eh? It's gotten better since then though, that's for sure.

Now if they could fix the constant lag outs and game/PS3 freezes, it'd be a little less stressful.

BacklasH ]

That's the thing though. The main reason we still play this game day in/day out and get our fun from is our respective clans. Without our clans this game would be on the back burner for all of us, including you Lex. We don't play this game because it's the most exemplary game out there, it's because of the community of players we play with and whose company we enjoy. The sad fact is though that for such a dedicated group of players you'd think they would release an exemplary title.

thats my complete stand on it, even that the game SHOULD be better. my only problem is that ppl are beating the dead horse on how much their panties are in a bunch because they aren't satisfied. if you really can't stand to play it without whining constantly, go get ur clan to play another game, or quit ur clan and go solo and play all those sweet ass "finished" games that have absolutely no bugs/glitches/flaws whatsoever.

im just gonna go back to trolling because i cant seem to understand ppls mindsets around here lol

bizzyb0t ]

MAG MAG MAG--I'm so sick and tired of hearing about that upcoming "MAG" from Zipper. I've read lots of old forum posts on the internet where people are crying their vagina's out because they hated Zipper so much and how they'd never buy a Zipper game again and now their heralding MAG like it's some magical game that's going to be like SOCOM. Well, if Zipper were doing another SOCOM, they'd have been developing it instead of Slant Six. Unfortunately, Zipper was already involved in a project (ie MAG) and the rookie team got the contract. We don't know jack shit about MAG and so it's impossible to be have so much faith that it'll be awesome.

WOOT! WHen CA dropped, that's all you heard everywhere. I'll never buy another Zipper title!!

LOL Nice post.