X-_SHaTTeReD_-X ]

..........i think facebook and twitter and internet browsers and movies and radio are all pointless what do they have to do with gaming thats why i have a damn computer for plus i can get most that stuff free on a pc why should i pay for it to view only on my ps3/xbox i can understand renting on a game system but thats about it iunno that kinda stuff means nothing to me when i compare the systems i look at games and performance

I agree a browser is pointless, but for some reason people on PS3 think it is a big deal.

Movies & Music are cool. i have Netflix, & even though i can watch it thru my PC i use the Xbox all the time DAILY to watch TV shows & Movies. (both PC & Xbox are hooked up to the 42" so it doesn't really matter, but the Xbox delivers thru HDMI & the PC uses VGA)

I Doubt the facebook or last FM or any of that will cost money though.?

And Irish I agree, i will believe the Natal when i see it.

It is either going to be the craziest coolest thing ever or a huge dissappointment. lol

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chili-Palmer ]

......It is either going to be the craziest coolest thing ever or a huge dissappointment. lol

Almost sounds like we're talking about M.A.G. here.

X-_SHaTTeReD_-X ]
TheLastNeo ]

clearly bleach knows the term IP' date=' but not what it actually stands for ;)

IP = Intellectual property.. and its not just pertaining to game, but rather any creative medium really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property

werd..

and for the record...

even if sony announces something amazing... they still wont gain dramatic overnight market share.

Microsoft not only knows about networks.. but knows how to actually network with other companies for mutual gain

i.e. netflix is just freakin awesome on the xbox

and now facebook, and twitter..

fanboys bowdown, and suck it...

haha

[/quote']

..........i think facebook and twitter and internet browsers and movies and radio are all pointless what do they have to do with gaming thats why i have a damn computer for plus i can get most that stuff free on a pc why should i pay for it to view only on my ps3/xbox i can understand renting on a game system but thats about it iunno that kinda stuff means nothing to me when i compare the systems i look at games and performance

Really!? You mean the ability to communicate, and chat w/ friends is not important to you?

So you'd rather just "game then"...

ahh right.. so the ability to watch bluray dvd's was just a perk right?

The ability to chat with your friends, send messages, and communicate in game is just "meh" to you then right?

Dude.. as much as you probably dont want to admit it... facebook, and twitter are huge in terms of social networking.. and the fact that microsoft is capitalizing on that imo is pretty friggin genius.

Sony better come hard w/ their shit this e3... cuz all theyve done in the past is try and "catch up"

Damn, a little hostile in here. ALL gaming news is good news. W/E MS does will push Sony, and vice versa. The xbox presentation was sweet. Sony's will probably be sweet, even though they haven't delivered much lately. :P

Natal will work one way or another. Whoever said about the Wii is correct. They had to tone the responsiveness way down from what it was originally.

i have to say i was not very impressed with the Microsoft press conference i mean only a few of the games impressed me and MGS isnt my fav series but the games is coming to PS3 as well so w/e i will still take God of War III over it. natal was the only thing that really impressed me and that was just a slightly glorified Playstation Eyetoy

Chili-Palmer ]
X-_SHaTTeReD_-X ]

I agree a browser is pointless' date=' but for some reason people on PS3 think it is a big deal.

Movies & Music are cool. i have Netflix, & even though i can watch it thru my PC i use the Xbox all the time DAILY to watch TV shows & Movies. (both PC & Xbox are hooked up to the 42" so it doesn't really matter, but the Xbox delivers thru HDMI & the PC uses VGA)

I Doubt the facebook or last FM or any of that will cost money though.?

And Irish I agree, i will believe the Natal when i see it.

It is either going to be the craziest coolest thing ever or a huge dissappointment. lol

[/quote']

how is the internet browser pointless if you like watching movies and listening to music? because last time i checked you could do that on an internet browser and I do it is awesome i love watching my favorite shows FOR FREE on my tv through hulu or w/e site i go to to watch the show

TheLastNeo ]
Chili-Palmer ]

......It is either going to be the craziest coolest thing ever or a huge dissappointment. lol

Almost sounds like we're talking about M.A.G. here.

X-_SHaTTeReD_-X ]
TheLastNeo ]

clearly bleach knows the term IP' date=' but not what it actually stands for ;)

IP = Intellectual property.. and its not just pertaining to game, but rather any creative medium really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property

werd..

and for the record...

even if sony announces something amazing... they still wont gain dramatic overnight market share.

Microsoft not only knows about networks.. but knows how to actually network with other companies for mutual gain

i.e. netflix is just freakin awesome on the xbox

and now facebook, and twitter..

fanboys bowdown, and suck it...

haha

[/quote']

Really!? You mean the ability to communicate, and chat w/ friends is not important to you?

So you'd rather just "game then"...

ahh right.. so the ability to watch bluray dvd's was just a perk right?

The ability to chat with your friends, send messages, and communicate in game is just "meh" to you then right?

Dude.. as much as you probably dont want to admit it... facebook, and twitter are huge in terms of social networking.. and the fact that microsoft is capitalizing on that imo is pretty friggin genius.

Sony better come hard w/ their shit this e3... cuz all theyve done in the past is try and "catch up"

..your seeming to miss my point i think its pointless on a GAMEING SYSTEM not pointless as in the whole general idea if i wanted to get in contact with my gaming friends xbox/ps3 has there own system you seem to be thinking i dont like facebook or twitter although i only use one why have somthing on a xbox/ps3 that i can use on a normal pc when i get on my system i get on to play games not see wtf my buddys doing today when he gets off work..and in no way did i bash sticking a dvd to watch blueray i simply bashed buying movies off the online stores to watch them only on your game console...are people going to use those programs that i think are pointless sure absolutely are they bad ideas for the companys who are going to make money off them most likly not i just wonder with the man hours it took to make those things what if they put those man hours into making more things to improve game experience..and from what ive seen your an xbox supporter thats great i like both systems if this option came out for ps3 ide feel just the same

IRISH BULL ]

The Natal looks amazing! But, I'll believe the responsiveness when I see it. When the Wii was first introduced, they showed as if every little movement you made was recognized.

If this works as they showed it, it will be hard to top. The new PSP-go is crap. I hope Sony isn't hanging its hat on that one.

BUT if any of us wanted a Wii we'd have one and to me Natal is just another gimmick that Microsoft is putting in it's arsenal. I thought the Microsoft conference was weak sauce.

if any of us wanted a Wii we'd have one and to me Natal is just another gimmick that Microsoft is putting in it's arsenal. I thought the Microsoft conference was weak sauce.

True if we wanted to play like that we would already own a Wii.

As far as weak sauce.. i would expect nothing less from this section. We'll just have to wait and see how it goes tomorrow to see if you guys say weak also, or amazing. ;)

SONY conference is today at 10 AM Pacific. Gamespot, gametrailers and the G4 website have the best live video, you are gonna have to jump between the 3 to find the best one; yesterday for microsoft G4 was better, for EA gamespot was awesome and for UBISOFT it was gametrailers. Nintendo also goes today.

BigMoneyNacku ]

Damn, a little hostile in here. ALL gaming news is good news. W/E MS does will push Sony, and vice versa. The xbox presentation was sweet. Sony's will probably be sweet, even though they haven't delivered much lately. :P

Natal will work one way or another. Whoever said about the Wii is correct. They had to tone the responsiveness way down from what it was originally.

You know the geek factor is at an all time high here when we start arguing about gamer phrases. lol

Chili-Palmer ]
if any of us wanted a Wii we'd have one and to me Natal is just another gimmick that Microsoft is putting in it's arsenal. I thought the Microsoft conference was weak sauce.

True if we wanted to play like that we would already own a Wii.

As far as weak sauce.. i would expect nothing less from this section. We'll just have to wait and see how it goes tomorrow to see if you guys say weak also, or amazing. ;)

I wasn't impressed by the gaming aspects of the Natal, I was impressed by the other uses for it they showed.

For the record I was a sony fanboy since my first psone thru the ps3.. But I was so dissapointed with the ps3... and when I finally switched to xbox.. I was humbled and ate all the shit I spoke about microsoft.

But truthfully, from an entertainment perspective.. They've thought about things that making owning the xbox that much more rewarding.

So like u, and every other gamer.. Ill use my xbox for gaming AND all the other shit I get by owning it.

They had a closed-doors display of Natal going and IGN was let in. If you read up on Natal, they tell you that they were able to play Burnout using Natal. Steer with your hands as if you had a steering wheel, move your foot down and up to accelerate/brake, move your fist as if you were shifting gears to activate turbo boost.

They said it was absolutely amazing in the private room

IF it works.. it may take some time before they actually get it right, as we have seen things in the past do not pan out right away. lol

But 360 does have a good track record for releasing things that work. So yes in time this should definitely make a huge difference in gaming and other facets of our lives.!! (imagine changing the channel on the TV, or turning on off lights, TV, console, oven. anything really. lol)

Chili-Palmer ]

So yes in time this should definitely make a huge difference in gaming and other facets of our lives.!! (imagine changing the channel on the TV, or turning on off lights, TV, console, oven. anything really. lol)

I was thinking about the kids for this. I mean think of the learning you could have come with this. Rather then just doing home work you could actually learn more about history and what not. The interactive part of this could be really huge.

Very impressive.

Nobody better fucking say that Sony had a better presentation than Microsoft. No fucking way.

Uncharted 2

MAG

Hannah Montana PSP Bundle

PSP-Go

-Media Go (Access PSN from PC)

-Sense Me (creates music playlists based on your mood. Gay)

Gran Turismo PSP (800 cars, 35 tracks) - Oct 1

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

-10 years after MGS3. 1970s

-True sequel, not a spinoff or side story.

-Will involve story from MGS4

-4 Big Bosses?

Resident Evil PSP (brand new game)

LBP, Socom fireteam Bravo 3, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Motorstorm

Harry Potter, Hannah Montana all PSP

FF14 Online (Exclusive)

Full Motion Controller

-Tracks every movement of the controller

-Good for sports games, weapons, etc,

-Tracks depth and placement etc.

Mod Nation Racers

-Pretty much like LBP but with cart racing

The Last Guardian

Gran Turismo 5 (ONLY a little teaser trailer)

God of War 3 - March

God of War 3 was the best part of the conference, the rest was shit compared to Microsoft

i think SONY was better than microsoft.

Everyone is basing MS on just NATAL? seriously? idk if maybe i was one of the few to notice this but NATAL is just a fun technology, i doubt anyone here will play HALO with that. In my opinion SONY showed better games even MS still had an impressive line up but i mean uncharted2 looks amazing, GOD OF WAR3 is just......just.....EPIC. MAG actually seemed decent and i think they will pull it off by fall or holiday season.

IDK why people say NINTENDO sucked, they had a 2 new mario games and new metroid, that is awesome. I love the fact that i own all three consoles because either way i get games for all 3.

bleachrulez ]

to me it was better FF14 and FF7 =me happy ' date=' plus GOW look pretty good. Major Fail with the motion controller , but it look fun

I have to agree. Why would you show something in its prototype stage?!! Unless I missed something, I didn't hear them mention anything about actual games being worked on or any kind of release date. Hell, they would have been better off using the EyePet as their flagship PS Eye game.

CDBS14 ]

i think SONY was better than microsoft.

Everyone is basing MS on just NATAL? seriously? idk if maybe i was one of the few to notice this but NATAL is just a fun technology' date=' i doubt anyone here will play HALO with that. In my opinion SONY showed better games even MS still had an impressive line up but i mean uncharted2 looks amazing, GOD OF WAR3 is just......just.....EPIC. MAG actually seemed decent and i think they will pull it off by fall or holiday season.

IDK why people say NINTENDO sucked, they had a 2 new mario games and new metroid, that is awesome. I love the fact that i own all three consoles because either way i get games for all 3.

[/quote']

AGREE, but the Nintendo conference was mad boring bro