SOCOM Turns 5 years old!!!!

TF-Zero ]

5 years ago today, SOCOM was released!!

Happy birthday!

I started playing that September - October of '02. I was only like 11 years old, and got super addicted!

It doesn't feel like 5 years... Time flies when your having fun!

LOL when i got socom 1 i was like 11 to and none of my friends heard of it and then like every night i had 3 buddies playing it at my house then they all went out and bought it... good times

On this day, i was thinking about how cool of a game this was........and that a TOURNEY should be made for this cool-ass game......and then I thought I wish I could meet someone that could brainstorm GREAT ideas for this Tourney..................and then Sniper and I fell in love.

I remember the first time I played Socom, I bought it with the headset within the 1st week of it coming out.

My family was behind me watching me play on a 32" TV, this was the first time mind you and single player, when I went to lean around a corner to shoot a terrorist everyone in the room leaned as if they could see more around the corner if they looked at the TV on an angle.

• Directors

I screwed up in an earlier post, I stated that SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs (Socom 1) was released on November 11th 2003 (that's Socom 2's release date)....the actual release date was June 27th 2002. Sorry.....Carry on.

X_VIP3R_X ]

I screwed up in an earlier post, I stated that SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs (Socom 1) was released on November 11th 2003 (that's Socom 2's release date)....the actual release date was June 27th 2002. Sorry.....Carry on.

Socom 1 was released on August 27th 2002 and Socom 2 was released on November 4th 2003. I think you might be confusing Map Pack 1 with Socom 1, because the Map Pack was released on June 27th of 2006.

I remember getting high speed internet just for socom (before it came out)... then I remember spending all day finding a copy, getting home and messing with my internet connection for about 12 hours before I called a techy friend to come over and hook the shit up lol.

My first map was Night stalker ter... I spawned on the large boulder and never left the rock entire round... I did not know where the "bad guys" would come from and it was dark... very dark... then death. I think I played for about 9 hours that day and ditched my girl friend telling her I was sick lmao.

Thats when I knew I was an addict/ socom junky