The UF Community MUST Read This

• Directors

In the last 2 weeks we had 2 threads run out of control. These threads debated several past issues, a current Black issue and the leadership integrity of the UF Staff.

About 80% of all involved in the threads exhibited behavior that IS NOT acceptable here in Urgent Fury. Whether intended for good or down right malicious, it should NEVER have lasted as long as it did. Perhaps some felt safe in the twilight of the changeover before we took ownership, or whatever the reasons may be....... Let me tell you, we WERE the owners at that time and WERE watching.

There were a laundry list of broken rules, most seriously: disrespecting other clans, disrespecting UF Staff and questioning the integrity of Urgent Fury.

I want all of you reading this to understand that SEVERAL members, More than ONE clan in whole, AND ONE UF Ranger ALMOST lost their Privilege to be here in Urgent Fury and to share in the great new direction we are taking.

Just because there has been an ownership change here DOES NOT mean we do not expect EVERY one of you to continue respecting and following every rule that has been set forth by the previous owners and new rules as they are implemented.

We intend to maintain the Core values that Urgent Fury has developed over the 6 years, and will enforce them without hesitation.

You are all here to have a good time, make sure you are part of the way that happens.

John ]

In the last 2 weeks we had 2 threads run out of control. These threads debated several past issues, a current Black issue and the leadership integrity of the UF Staff.

About 80% of all involved in the threads exhibited behavior that IS NOT acceptable here in Urgent Fury. Whether intended for good or down right malicious, it should NEVER have lasted as long as it did. Perhaps some felt safe in the twilight of the changeover before we took ownership, or whatever the reasons may be....... Let me tell you, we WERE the owners at that time and WERE watching.

There were a laundry list of broken rules, most seriously: disrespecting other clans, disrespecting UF Staff and questioning the integrity of Urgent Fury.

I want all of you reading this to understand that SEVERAL members, More than ONE clan in whole, AND ONE UF Ranger ALMOST lost their Privilege to be here in Urgent Fury and to share in the great new direction we are taking.

Just because there has been an ownership change here DOES NOT mean we do not expect EVERY one of you to continue respecting and following every rule that has been set forth by the previous owners and new rules as they are implemented.

We intend to maintain the Core values that Urgent Fury has developed over the 6 years, and will enforce them without hesitation.

You are all here to have a good time, make sure you are part of the way that happens.

I'm comfortable with everything in your post with the exception of the part I bolded. Are we not allowed to voice concern if we see something that is "less than honorable"? To be fair I have not been around enough to have direct knowledge of the events in question. Is it that they(the violations) were not posted in the right area? Or is it just that we're not allowed to post when we find something that may put Urgent Fury's integrity in question?(whether it be true or not)

TOU left Urgent Fury originally because when one of the creators lied and tried to twist facts, I forwarded the very PM where he plainly did all the things he denied. After I did that I was chastised for using the FACTS as evidence because they were in a "private" message, never mind that there was a creator lying and trying to bully another clan(TOU). Anyway, we're back and would like to enjoy competitive gaming. I just want to make sure I understand the kind of environment that exists now.

• Directors

Let me address the second part of your statement 1st- We are not able to move forward with our plans for UF if we try to discern the facts of every major event in the past. There are a few that we intend to, but most are just too old or what we know about them or weigh the value of, just isn't enough, worth it or both.

Now to the first part- The threads started as a poorly handled match complaint OUTSIDE the rep section of black by a non rep. It degraded into a name calling, clan bashing, staff insulting abomination from there.

Regarding the integrity of Urgent fury, it is my hope that there really was never a favoritism issue here in UF. But I assure you, if there was a hint of it then, there is none now. If anything was mishandled then, you should expect that it wont be now. Your question appears to address my statement as keeping your mouth shout if you don't like something. That is far from what we want and ask of the members of UF. There are many areas available to all levels of the community: Clan reps for wars, and newly added areas such as a Clan leaders area, a general members Suggestion box, etc. All of these areas are here with the intention of allowing intelligence to reach us efficiently and through manageable channels. It is expected that they are used with respect, and proper maturity. A 'flame war' is never going fix the situation here. Bringing a genuine concern to our attention properly and reasonably, will.

Myself, Shane and AC have now purchased UF, we are now the owners and leaders here. Our staff now follows us faithfully and do not influence our choices. We are here, NOW.

Skipper, I agree with your sentiment when it applies to a neutral ground. Here, it doesn't wholly apply, however. They have bought this web space, it is theirs. They allow a certain amount of public freedom and interraction which we are able to enjoy. But at the end of the day, us coming here requires a bit of automatic respect for those running it. But, like any "government", it is their respect to lose. A great many people will return to these forums hopeful for a good clean, non-bs place to play...some gunshy, some willing to put the past behind...but until the current regime loses that respect, it IS theirs and they have a right to it.

John ]

Let me address the second part of your statement 1st- We are not able to move forward with our plans for UF if we try to discern the facts of every major event in the past. There are a few that we intend to, but most are just too old or what we know about them or weigh the value of, just isn't enough, worth it or both.

Now to the first part- The threads started as a poorly handled match complaint OUTSIDE the rep section of black by a non rep. It degraded into a name calling, clan bashing, staff insulting abomination from there.

Regarding the integrity of Urgent fury, it is my hope that there really was never a favoritism issue here in UF. But I assure you, if there was a hint of it then, there is none now. If anything was mishandled then, you should expect that it wont be now. Your question appears to address my statement as keeping your mouth shout if you don't like something. That is far from what we want and ask of the members of UF. There are many areas available to all levels of the community: Clan reps for wars, and newly added areas such as a Clan leaders area, a general members Suggestion box, etc. All of these areas are here with the intention of allowing intelligence to reach us efficiently and through manageable channels. It is expected that they are used with respect, and proper maturity. A 'flame war' is never going fix the situation here. Bringing a genuine concern to our attention properly and reasonably, will.

Myself, Shane and AC have now purchased UF, we are now the owners and leaders here. Our staff now follows us faithfully and do not influence our choices. We are here, NOW.

That sounds good, as long as we're "allowed" to express when we feel something is "wrong".(in the appropriate area of course) I was not trying to re-hash any old problems, just wanted to be sure that those kinds of practices were not continuing under the current administration. Thank you for your timely response, I was beginning to get concerned.

Respect is usually earned not bought but we'll give it a shot.

Good luck you three. I don't think anyone has any expectations of anything; I would imagine in your current steed that will change.

So you'd say the same thing to your new boss that just bought out your company? Shane, AC, and John own UF now. They deserve that much respect at least. The Staff is still all the same, and they were the ones getting slammed earlier. I think they should have at least earned everyone's respect by now.

I'm not trying to start anything, but the fact is new bosses deserve respect initially. If after a few weeks you firgure he's a tool, then you quit.

Personally, I am enjoying the regime change so far and all of the itentions are geared to growing and making the community better. From all the posts it looks like there is potential for a great place to play to be a whole lot better, and with that I am keeping an optimistic and open mind.

I think TOW and Sniper left UF in great hands thus far, keep up the good work.