Which one are you getting, or both?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which one are you getting, or both?

I will be getting both, CoD is old and tired to me , BO looks to bring a few new things to the game.. however im not sure buying my weapons rather then earning them by levels will really change my opinion of CoD. MoH has me a bit excited.. i love BFBC2 and wish there was more clan support cuz that game would be hella fun to play tourneys in.. but again no user created rooms or clan support.. which MoH is supposed to be a bit more geared too. So like i said I will be getting both... but i will be treating both of these games as "tide me overs" till Socom4 comes in and smashes them both to pieces... or so i hope! lol

I picked COD for the Zombie mode. The MOH will be too much like BFBC2 which I hated. Played it for like a week.

The clan support I'm learning when it's a multi console game there isn't much of clan support. But when it's PS3 only clan support is better. IE Socom Con., KZ2, Warhawk, and MAG.

And if there not bragging about clan support by now then probably not any.

what do you guys mean clan support?

All you need is a clan tag?

Back when i played BF2, COD1&2, BF2142, Counter strike, starcraft and MOH on PC, people didnt need fancy clan support? no one ever bothered to say.....we need in game ladders and rosters.

I just do not understand when you guys say clan support? Aren't the websites such as this one, UF? supposed to provide clan matches? aren't the clan sites for individual clans supposed to provide a roster and common meeting ground for clan members?

Let me give you an example, if COD black ops and SOCOM4 had dedicated and i mean truly dedicated clan support (like KZ2 and MGO) this website will die and the the ladders for those games on gamebattles will also die. The same way the KZ2 and MGO ladders died on gb, the same way individual tournament sites dedicated to those games died, it is just more convenient for people to do it all from the game rather than go on a site and sign up and do the whole process there.

If you have played a KZ2 or MGO clan match, you know what i am talking about.

So my queston is......what do you mean by clan support? what exact features?

I think most people including myself just want clan support the way it was in Socom 2, 3, CA some other games have come close but Zipper really had it dialed in. The Thing about the so called clan support in games like MW2 that have always irritated me are anyone's ability to change their clan tag to yours right in the lobby of a game. That's what most people mean by clan support or lack of it. We want to be able to make a clan, invite people, see where they are playing, promote members etc. I could be wrong but I believe Urgent Fury was built on Socom 2, 3 etc. games that had some of the best clan support ever.

Call of Duty has no clan support and will never have any either.

I haven't heard anything about clan support for MOH, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

If your expecting clan support for a game like we had in Socom 2 or 3? I again wouldn't hold my breath. We might have to wait until March when Socom 4 comes out for it..............Maybe!

Crusty_Demons;816900']The Thing about the so called clan support in games like MW2 that have always irritated me are anyone's ability to change their clan tag to yours right in the lobby of a game. That's what most people mean by clan support or lack of it. We want to be able to make a clan' date=' invite people, see where they are playing, promote members etc. I could be wrong but I believe Urgent Fury was built on Socom 2, 3 etc. games that had some of the best clan support ever.[/quote']Yea that is annoying as hell, but control of tag & roster is all anyone is mainly asking for.

i will be getting black ops, just cuz what i have seen so far i think they are turning the franchise around a bit, and i love the cod sp anyways.

moh can eat a bowl of dick. in the years i have played military shooters, i have never minded playing on the "terrorist/mercanary" side knowing it was just part of the game. but to give that side a name as moh has, in the middle of an actual real world conflict with that particular name, i cannot in good faith play as that side, and in a public mp room you dont always get to choose your side, so moh has taken mp away from me completely leaving me with no interest in this game.

i know it was called socom battles.

Also its cool to have clan tag ownership.....but how would you feel if some random clan made on the first day beats you to making the clan tag?

Is it really that big of a deal when someone puts on your tag?

Personally i would be pissed if lets say for example my 4+ year old clan from the socom2 days cannot use its clan tag because some kids beat me to it, then i bet everyone here would be mad at the issue.

I don't particularly care if another clan has the same tag I just don't want them to be able to make their tag whatever they wish right in the lobby of a game. I don't even care if the game has in game clan ladders and tournaments that are setup in the best way imaginable because that wouldn't make the people that play in them honest and cheat free players like we have here. To me yes it really is that big a deal. Cod of duty type players are happy with what they have for the most part that's fine with me. Myself and players of games like Socom I think will hold a developer to higher standards. This is 2010 and these types of features that built the long standing types of communities like we have here should be the standard by now. Most of the games I play when I play with randoms on COD I would say that 80-90% of the players don't have mics so I could see why a bare bones clan system would suffice.

I will be buying Black Ops at launch and renting MoH for it's single player at the least.

As far as clan support...all I ask for from games is like Crusty, a Socom-esque clan roster and uniformed tag set and controlled by the clan leader. I don't understand what you are saying about someone "beating you to the tag" CDBS. In all Socom games clans could have the same tags as another, but the name is what was unique and only allowed once. I remember seeing some clan tags repeated, but on Confrontation in particular, you could click on a name and see the players full clan name and roster. In game rosters, tags, and customization is what we mean by clan support, not the in game ladders and other extra hooplah.

CD, KZ2 was the only game I have seen that you couldn't have the same clan tag as another clan. Which is stupid as hell.

As much as Confrontation is a POS, I still like the way they set up the server rooms and clan management. And being able to put 3 to 4 letters in front of your name is NOT clan support. Plus, MW1 and MW2 has ZERO online support aside from being able to play online.

User created rooms is a part of clan support as far as I'm concerned. Trying to set up practices and scrimmages is nothing but a pain in the ass on COD and most other TS games. Just look at how much easier wars go off on Socom, than on COD, where you have to hope you have enough room on your friend list to add a guy that you'll probably be deleting after the war. Socom, go to __ Server and type in a PW to enter the room. And don't even get me started on the Auto match loading people into private rooms on COD. ;)

I think both of these games will have a good following. I expect each new shooter to better in some was than its predecessors. In all aspects.

As far as clan support, people don’t know what they don’t know. What I mean is people who have not played Socom and experienced their clan support have not had this experience. If you could have taken Socom’s clan support and dropped it into MW’s game, it would have been even more dominating than it already has been.

However, if you look at it from a sheer numbers perspective, most games seem to follow the matchmaking scheme that Halo has used. For those that have played Halo online, MW1 and MW2, when it comes to playing online matchmaking, works almost identical from a player’s perspective. There are a couple of differences but the concept is basically the same.

IMO, some developers are looking and thing they aren’t going to change from the “Halo†style of matchmaking since there are anywhere from 800,000+ gamers worldwide on their servers at any given time. If they look at Socom, which has a loyal following but not the numbers, they go with what’s going to put the most games in a player’s hand. I completely agree, being able to meet up with up to 32 players to war it out, in a predefined, password protected room, is the most ideal way to play. And if more people would have the chance to experience it, they would think the same. Plus, as we have seen, matchmaking can also be incorporated into a nice lobby system for those that still go that route.

I am hoping that Zipper will be using some of MAG’s server technology to incorporate into the new Socom to make 16v16 as lag free as possible. Plus, if anyone has or is playing the MAG BETA, they are heading in the right direction for Clan deployment. If the private match option would work well, then this would become a success for the release of MAG 2.

Many people have said many things about Urgent Fury, but one of our biggest goals is to be taken seriously as not just “another†fan site running tournaments. It’s been our goal and desire since we took over to grow Urgent Fury and build its members so that we can go to developers and say, “this is what we want to have in games!!†There are so many members that are loyal, lifelong gamers.

We have made our first steps in making some good contacts and we will continue to work to bring in others that share our passion and desire to not only be entertained, but to have a centralized voice to express what makes games even more fun and desirable to play over and over and over again. And we will strive, as Urgent Fury has always done, to bring in people that want to play games in a fun, respectable manner. Just like any organized sport that we all have played as kids and were taught that you go to play to win, but you do it respect and you do it with cheating. There is no reason that gaming can’t be done in the same manner. Being an Urgent Fury member, this is how my team played and also how all the other teams that I have played against behaved. This was at the top of the requirements for entry into Urgent Fury whether you went undefeated or never won a game. It was not tolerated for anyone to insult a team. Hence Urgent Fury’s slogan, “Win with Honor, Lose with Dignity.â€

Now off my soapbox, we are working to be able to support both of these titles in someway. We will have more detail before their respective releases.