COD4 VS CONFRONTATION

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IrshZ28 ]

How was the lobby different in SOCOM, and how did you prevent someone from wearing your tag??

Within Socom you have a friends list (and separate clan list) and so you could follow your friends into a room, you don't have to be invited. While in the lobby (between games), you can choose which side you want to be on. In game, you have the ability to vote out cheaters/obnoxious children.

You can customize a room to have any map/gameplay that you want and you will still gain rank (or xp in COD) BUT the ranking system sucks so rank really means little.

And for the clan part of it. When a clan is created, ONE person creates the clan, gives it a tag AND name and then invites you into the clan. Only if invited can you wear a specific clan's tag. (Theoretically, you can create whatever tag you want but you cannot NAME your clan the same as someone else's. So you can check a player's stats where the clan info. would be located, to see if he/she is legit.)

Stuff like that ...

HippieChik ]
IrshZ28 ]

How was the lobby different in SOCOM, and how did you prevent someone from wearing your tag??

Within Socom you have a friends list (and separate clan list) and so you could follow your friends into a room, you don't have to be invited.  While in the lobby (between games), you can choose which side you want to be on.  In game, you have the ability to vote out cheaters/obnoxious children.

You can customize a room to have any map/gameplay that you want and you will still gain rank (or xp in COD) BUT the ranking system sucks so rank really means little.

And for the clan part of it.  When a clan is created,  ONE person creates the clan, gives it a tag AND name and then invites you into the clan.  Only if invited can you wear a specific clan's tag.  (Theoretically, you can create whatever tag you want but you cannot NAME your clan the same as someone else's.  So you can check a player's stats where the clan info. would be located, to see if he/she is legit.)

Stuff like that ...

Wow, that does sound a hell of alot better than COD4 system. Maybe they will improve on that in a future patch.

Goat ]

Socom gave me five years of entertainment, no other game even comes close to that.

For me it was 3 years of entertainment and 2 years of frustration lol. Make no doubt about it though when Confrontation releases I'll be the first to get in line at my local gamestop and pick it up. SOCRACK addict for life lol.

NEO-X ]

Very very interesting topic, but more so.. the comments people have regarding socom.. are something that.. I guess only true socomers can appreciate..

Its great to hear that the community, while currently playing a new, and really amazing game.. still have their hearts in socom...

thats what i was lookin for ...SOCOM FOREVER BABY..

only true SOCOMers know the feelings they have experienced with the game. I dont think i'll ever forget the people i've met and the crazy clutch wars that socom brought. CoD4 is nice and all, even great. But SOCOM had a certain FEELING to it that i still havent found in any Shooter to this day. That alone says something about the game.

Now, lets play some Sujo or Enowapi as seals. ;)

Guest Stealthknight

Hell yes, Sujo Seals.

And NO GAME has ever come close to giving me the intesity that you get on round 11 on map 5 of a 5 map war with the score tied and 1 person left on each team with 2 minutes left for a championship title after playing in the tournament for 23 weeks.

Sorry no other game comes close to that kind of intensity

ShadowOfaSolja ]

Hell yes, Sujo Seals.

And NO GAME has ever come close to giving me the intesity that you get on round 11 on map 5 of a 5 map war with the score tied and 1 person left on each team with 2 minutes left for a championship title after playing in the tournament for 23 weeks.

very true. I've been there and there is no better feeling then winning a championship in a league that you've been playing for the last 3 months. hahahahaha

Guest MainEvent

Yeah..what's up with all these ps3 games that are online and have basically no clan support at all. I really cant wait for socom just because I know socom will do the online the way it's meant to be. ( atleast I hope ) COD4 is fun and all, I enjoy it, but when socom comes out..bye bye cod4. 8)

ShadowOfaSolja ]

Hell yes, Sujo Seals.

Hell yes... to that I say

UF:4

APC vs *S* 10 v 10 Copperhead Demo 23/25 rounds (I still cant remember the exact round count) 3hr war....

Greatest War of my entire socom career.

NEO-X ]
ShadowOfaSolja ]

Hell yes, Sujo Seals.

Hell yes... to that I say

UF:4

APC vs *S* 10 v 10 Copperhead Demo 23/25 rounds (I still cant remember the exact round count) 3hr war....

Greatest War of my entire socom career.

It was 28 rounds lol. That was one of the most intense wars I've ever been in since Socom started. People think "geez, 28 rounds? Must have been a camp fest." That couldn't have been further from the truth, I think there were 2 *S* players with 30+ kills and 4-5 APCers with 20+ lol. Every round went down to the last second and it was a nail biter.

Guest Stealthknight
IrshZ28 ]

In your opinion (UF forum), is that a good thing or a bad one?

Both, Hopefully it will be good to have a new company that may be able to keep up the amount of support the game needs with maintenance and updates. And with Zipper (the original makers) helping im hoping they stay on a straight path and dont change things that arent broken like the lobby system. I know they ARE adding a party feature but are not changing the server/lobby system so it will be interesting to see how it works.

The bad part i that they dont know exactly what the fans want and however they want to make the game better, new developers tend to go overboard when taking over a franchise project and make un-necessary changes. Lets hope zipper/sony keeps them in line.

IrshZ28 ]

Is the same company making SOCOM:Confrontation that made the previous SOCOM's??

SlantSix is making Confrontation, but Zipper is making Socom 4 (i believe that is still the plan)

IrshZ28 ]

In your opinion (UF forum), is that a good thing or a bad one?

There is no way to tell if it a good thing or not.. we'll find out once it is released ..lol

Well, I love my SOCOM. And I think I was on of the last ones to make the switch. I have to see it is not that bad of a game. All kinds of different modes to play in. I would have to say that COD is considered a "pacifier" Cause as soon as Socom hits I will be there. And COD will be out. But I dont mind playing COD for 6-8 more months. Hell,Who knows it could be another year..... ;D