Confrontation news likely to be announced late February

This is a post from one of their Devs on the playstation.com forums:

Hey SOCOMers,

It’s been another crazy week. The team is cranking on important milestones right now and the game is looking and playing better than ever. I didn’t get a chance to post last week for which I apologize, although I admit that it took some pressure off not to come in and tell you guys that here is no news! As per usual, nothing has been announced since I last posted, but I *believe* that the information drought is going to improve towards the end of February. The team is firing on all cylinders in full production mode, building, tuning, tweaking and testing and with more content and features coming online every day, the game has never been more exciting to work on. Hang in there guys, it will be worth the wait!

SealTeam-6

smokeosama ]

This is a post from one of their Devs on the playstation.com forums:

Hey SOCOMers,

It’s been another crazy week. The team is cranking on important milestones right now and the game is looking and playing better than ever. I didn’t get a chance to post last week for which I apologize, although I admit that it took some pressure off not to come in and tell you guys that here is no news! As per usual, nothing has been announced since I last posted, but I *believe* that the information drought is going to improve towards the end of February. The team is firing on all cylinders in full production mode, building, tuning, tweaking and testing and with more content and features coming online every day, the game has never been more exciting to work on. Hang in there guys, it will be worth the wait!

SealTeam-6

Red Flag..!!

Goat ]

"The team is firing on all cylinders in full production mode,"

What were they firing on before? four out of eight cylinders with a bent crank shaft in a half ass'd production mode?

pfft.. I love these Socom team reports that say absolutely nothing..

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

OMG, that was great

It's just like every software project... They did not schedule correctly and realized that they only have an idea of where they stand and really aren't 100% sure. Thats the reason there have been no announcements. because they don't want to let the hype out too early and not be able to deliver on time. If he says that their firing on all cylinders it makes me believe that they are close to reaching actual beta. still too early for me to start getting excited

It's just like every software project... They did not schedule correctly and realized that they only have an idea of where they stand and really aren't 100% sure. Thats the reason there have been no announcements. because they don't want to let the hype out too early and not be able to deliver on time. If he says that their firing on all cylinders it makes me believe that they are close to reaching actual beta. still too early for me to start getting excited

Wow.. do you work for Slant Six?

Guest MainEvent

Well atleast they are posting about it..better that than nothing at all. If you view the playstation boards on this game so many people complained about it so thats why I think it's taking so long. People should of just let them do what they were doing and we probably could have already been playing a socom.

MainEvent ]

People should of just let them do what they were doing and we probably could have already been playing a socom.

Yes we'd be playing another Socom like 3 and CA aka an unfinished and poorly developed game. I am willing to wait as long as it takes if Confrontation brings Socom back to the greatness it was it in Socom 1 and 2.