Interesting tidbits on our dying troops

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Affliction- ]

without war, our culture wouldnt exist, war kills the old and brings in the new so to speak

No, war kills the young and screws their mind up for life. It doesn't affect the old half as much. When you get to our age, you become a little more cold and unfeeling. Our culture will still exist, it will just have different names and faces.

damn! those are some crazy figures. Never knew about that, thanx for bringing it up man, weird how u never hear about this stuff. Either way, soldiers are dying everyday and its sad. I want to know if u can find figures of soldiers injured and maimed since the wars in afghanistan and iraq. yea the soldiers are surviving, but at the cost of body parts and great physical as well as mental trauma. I want to see if these figures of deceased soldiers shoot up drastically over the next few years as more and more soldiers start coming home and begin dealing with problems such as PTSD. :-\

Deaths of Military Personel

2003 .......... 1,410 ( George W Year )

2004 .......... 1,887 ( George W Year )

2005 ............ 919 ( George W Year )

2006............. 920 ( George W Year )

2007............ 899 ( George W Year )

Fatalities associated with Iraqi war - source: http://icasualties.org/oif/

2003 ............ 486

2004 ............ 849

2005 ............ 846

2006............. 822

2007............. 902

2008............. 219

Soliders/Marines Wounded

Mar 03 - Jun 08.... 30,324

Fatalities associate with Afghanistan - source: http://icasualties.org/oef

2001............. 12

2002............. 49

2003 ............ 48

2004 ............ 52

2005 ............ 99

2006............. 98

2007............. 117

2008............. 86

What is interesting again you see the totals of deaths associated with war, there are a lot of deaths still left out there.

And.........how do we know these stats arent the same propaganda they seem to disprove? We don't really.

None of us went over and counted, none of us DID the survey, we are relying on THIS administrations #'s. Sure it says it's Congressional, but..............anyhow I just know we have found no REAL proof that we invaded Iraq for any other reason than a personal vendetta.........fuck. Im not allowed to talk about this.

I only got one question. Where the hell is Osama? Isn't that the reason we are over there in the first place? I thought it was, but we are no closer to capturing/killing him than we were before. I just wish we wouldn't buy into the crap we are being fed, and FORCE our government to get back on fuckin topic.

Im done. 8)

Tool_Minion ]

And.........how do we know these stats arent the same propaganda they seem to disprove? We don't really.

None of us went over and counted, none of us DID the survey, we are relying on THIS administrations #'s. Sure it says it's Congressional, but..............anyhow I just know we have found no REAL proof that we invaded Iraq for any other reason than a personal vendetta.........fuck. Im not allowed to talk about this.

I only got one question. Where the hell is Osama? Isn't that the reason we are over there in the first place? I thought it was, but we are no closer to capturing/killing him than we were before. I just wish we wouldn't buy into the crap we are being fed, and FORCE our government to get back on fuckin topic.

Im done. 8)

big chance osama is dead, he hasn't put out a video in a long time, the only one that has been making videos is his second in command. If he isn't dead, he might not be making videos because the CIA or someone is really close to capturing him, but only time can tell.

CDBS14 ]

big chance osama is dead' date=' he hasn't put out a video in a long time, the only one that has been making videos is his second in command. If he isn't dead, he might not be making videos because the CIA or someone is really close to capturing him, [b']but only time can tell[/b].

How much time do you need? It has been how long?

Right. If Osama is dead, then lets bring em home, and call it mission accomplished.

I don't give one hairy ass about the political or social standing of Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, or any other stan. We have the ability to change their landscape from the sea, we don't need our brothers and sisters in harms way. It is NOT necessary for us to be there. We know we are bigger, stronger, and have more man power. They know it too. Difference is, we are in THEIR homeland.

The middle east has been a mess for hundreds of years. There is much worse going on in Africa, but they don't have anything we as Americans find valuable. Hence, no military aid. Plenty of religious and volunteer work being done there, but again we don't spend the money to help the citizens fight off the genocidal militants. I just don't buy the bullshit reasoning.

player, if they're still in the public section on the Bar and Grill forums, dig back to a multi-page thread on international affairs, it's mostly between me and skyna. the sudanese genocide is something i've been aware of and tried to help out for years now. i'm just happy to see somebody be aware of it and how our gov't is basically ignoring it.

When I first got out of the Marine Corps my first job was with the State Department.

It was my job to show the bombings in Sudan in relation to oil fields, the articles of genoicide that we went through were just ridiculious. The final product and the report writing for it went to the Secretary of State in a briefing. If I can find my CD I will post a picture of it.

So yes they do have assest we could use, hell we are starting a new Area of Responsibility in the Horn of Africa.

As far as the numbers on the reports I can't confirm nor deny what is shown. ;)

Guest Corruptor310

This here sounds like my political science class years and years ago.

first off - you bet the invasion of Iraq was a vendetta, however that regime did need changed -- they just blew it by saying "they got weapons of mass destruction, ahhhh we are scared" and going at it --- who would be griping right now - if all the government ever stated -- hey we need to get saddam and his scourge outta there, and it is going to be messy and difficult..... who would be griping?? some for sure i know, you are out there... but it might be a relatively smaller number.

second the genocide in Africa, yep it blows, no they dont (as far as I know) have anything we covet, so good luck. And I do find that horrifically sad.

and what brought us all to this discussion -- the numbers.......and how they are portrayed by the media, and lets take a closer look at that -- "the media is to blame"...... why no they are not to blame......"the government is to blame" -- wrong again.

lets try this --- who controls the media, and who really controls the government -- it sure aint me, and it sure aint you.

it be those mean nasty people who really hold the chains to those horses - the true "elite" part of society. people you nor i will probably never deal with in our lives. In the new batman-- bruce wayne holds a party for harvey dent and he states something to the effect of --- "when my friends throw a party for you, you will never have to worry about your campaign finances again" or something like that -- those people be a movie representation of "the elite" class of society. and to the neh sayers........ ya sure they dont exist........

what drives them on their ventures -- sometimes who freaking knows maybe it was all just a bet, oil, sure easy........ what can we do to make them see Africa needs our attention......... ummmmm nothing...... why do they make it seem like our soldiers are dying at far greater numbers than what is true -- if those numbers are correct, hell who knows actually.

put the blame where it needs to go, but it probably wont stick.

and with another 2 seconds of thought - the government/media are exactly who they need for you and me to put the blame on. or else more of us would be on to them.

My question is ... how much does technology play into this? I would guess that as time progress, so does our technology, possibly decreasing deaths in war zones.

And in regards to Sudan, I work with a guy who is from Sudan. He does our Arabic translations. A few years back, he went back to Sudan to marry his wife and bring her to the States and he had to sneak into and out of Sudan so that he would not be killed. His story is incredible! We really take for granted just how lucky we are and how good, as Americans, we have it.

great post corrupt....whether one agrees or not, it was interesting to read.

I'm just tired of us being the "worlds police". i mean, sure there's some thing s that need our attention. Like when something is a direct threat (like Iraq was supposed to be or maybe is...ugghhh) to our security, of course we should intervene. But I fail to see how the killings in the Sudan have anything to do with me spending my tax money to save those people. Since when is that our job to do? Our country is bankrupt (financially I'm speaking although i could argue morally as well) because of our constant assisting of foreign nations. Nations that never pay us back a dime. And what to we get other then more debt for our good deeds? More hatred and envy! I would much rather keep our business here on this continent 99% of the time. Not complete isolation like we once were, but damn close to it.

We are at war with Militant Islamist Extremists not Osama Bin Laden. Killing Bin Laden wont change a thing. All it would be is PR. We never killed Hitler either. We are facing the most dangerous kind of enemy we have ever faced. These extremist believe they will be rewarded in heaven if they kill us. They will kill themselves without hesitation to kill any of us. They are cowards, they use woman,children, they put explosives on camels! They know our ROE and use them against us. Do you really think that if we just leave the middle east there will be peace? They will attack us again and again.

As for media bias LOL yall are finding out a little late. Journalists are donating to dems 100to1 over the GOP. And certain broadcasters say they get a tingle down their leg when Obama speaks! What! lol

I posted this on facebook and this is one of the responses I got back.

Hold on one sec. Form inside military sources and Generals that have candidly spoke about the quagmire that is Iraq, the causality numbers are way off. Example, let's say that you are a soldier and you were damn near killed by a IED in Fallujah Iraq. The SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for an event such as that would be to immediately air lift you out of the operational field. At times there were many such airlifts to Ramstein AFB in Germany. If you die while en-route than they do not list you with the casualty numbers of KIA in Iraq. From what I am hearing the official death counts in Iraq are between 15000 to 20000, tha'st right.

The media will continue to underplay those numbers just like it underplays the numbers of the economy. I do not know what your political leaning are, but I was once an ardent Republican, heck I was even offered a "platinum membership". One day I woke up and realized the shell game they have of playing of left wing and right wing, red states and blue states, liberal and conservative, so on and so forth. No matter who is in power the major agendas will be pushed forward. The same Globalist multinational firms that have put Papa Bush in power, put Clinton and GW Bush and now they are backing Obamma. We get caught up in political parties but we get manipulated by platitudes, hubris and mere rhetoric, while we miss the big picture.

Clinton and Bush have a long standing history together. They are both corrupt globalist and both have succeeded in selling America down the river.

Guest Corruptor310

militant islamic extremist....... have been around for way too long, they poked a finger at us (the U.S.) and we responded actually the way I am glad Ronald Reagon said we should -- "We take no crap, and when they try something we will ram it back down there throats hard" -- and yeah he stated some stuff like that years and years ago and yes obivously way more politically correct than what I have stated here!!

Okay so how do you differentiate between -- a Sunnie Militant Islamic Extremist and a Shiite Militant Islamic Extremist?? inmho "you dont" they want to kill each other anyways --- heck let them do it. that is how far back that kinda hatred has been going on --- something like 2000 years or some craziness like that....... and all because each side thinks they know who the real prophet for their religion - if any one would like to step up and clarify that for them, they would be very glad and so would most of the rest of the world.

I personally find home grown terrorist more deadly --- who ever that asshat is who did that anthrax thing -- thank god he basically failed ---- he could of killed thousands -- 10's of thousands.

yes we should be ardent in our defense against lets say "International Terrorists" -- dont under estimate that I dont see that issue.

Scofield stated ''they are cowards, they use woman and children -- cars not camels -- I have yet to hear of an exploding camel lol -- and I am not singling him out either (Scofield) --- in our Revolutionary War wanna guess what the British thought of us taking up the tactics that the Indians used against us..... cowards hiding up in tree's and behind fences........ damn them they should get in line and march at us -- cowards........lol or just a shift in tactics.

World Police/ Tactics ^^^^ --- Team America -- Fuck yeah!!!! lol when a Nation takes it upon itself to be the moral beacon for the planet.... it makes it hard to say you send us a car/camel with a bomb -- here try some napalm. or we could just shell them with our stockpile of chem and bio weapons that every nation on the planet knows we DO have......... but then what does that make us -- better -- more morally just in our cause or cowards. freaking woman and children have been involved in conflicts for a long long time -- russia had what like 200+ female snipers in WWII?? kids in Somalia, and god knows how many other african nations (or any U.S. gangbanger) have stuff like this going on -- get ak's and other various weapons when they are 7, 8, 9 years old........ and they can be shot just like mom with her rpg.......

The donation amounts by the news media -- who freaking cares -- frickin Oprah probably put more money out for any one of the Obama Fundraiser we all know she sponsored.......... then what those numbers showed the other day............ i personally thought -- damn what a slow news day -- this means nothing.......

you see the hands shuffling, yet, you still dont understand the game.

"platinum membership" -- I could get a Platinum Membership from each political entity on the planet, and a nipple ring to match -- and they are all worth the same..........

okay ill bite

Clinton and Bush have a long standing history together -- please explain? as far as I understand one likes to fluck woman and one likes to fluck up business's --- what other commonality do they have??

Form inside military sources and Generals that have candidly spoke about the quagmire that is Iraq -- my response to that is this.

Generally in warfare, keeping a nation intact is best, destroying a nation second best;

keeping an army intact is best, destroying an army second best;

keeping a battalion intact is best, destroying a battalion second best;

keeping a company intact is best, destroying a company second best;

keeping a squad intact is best, destroying a squad second best. ?

Therefore, to gain a hundred victories in a hundred battles is not the highest excellence;

to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence. ?

and that my fellow forum readers is From Sun Tzu's Art of War ---- amazing that some Chinese dude from about 1800 to 2000 years ago -- had a better idea then what are "politicians" directed -- and by the way I have to hope to believe that one or two of them Commanding Generals remembered this little tid bit from that book -- since if they have any higher education civil or of military nature -- it is usually mandatory reading.

http://www.sonshi.com/suntintro.html

I would just like to point out how refreshing it is to see a political post that has remained on topic and extremely civil. Good shit boyos.

Alot of good points brought up so far in here, but I think the bottom line/common thread here is: Our government sucks and there is nothing we can do about it. ;D

Vive la revolution!!!!!!!!! ;)