Socom Beta Delayed till Friday

here is the link:

http://socom.us.playstation.com/

here is the story.. same story .... different dev... wtf?

Well, I've got some good and not so good news. The good news is that we are still on track to delivering a kick-ass experience come October. The bad news is that because we are working so hard to ensure the final product is fantastic, we've decided to push back the Public Beta date just a few days in order to bump up the experience even more. So, the new launch date for the Public Beta is now Friday, September 5th (QORE members will start the following Friday, September 12).

The other good news is that we are not cutting down the length of the Public Beta one bit. It will still run for a full month - from 9/5 to 10/5 - so you and your clanmates can still practice as long as you want and then be ready to go for the full game later in October.

Myself, my team and Slant Six are burning the midnight oil to ensure this game is the best it can possibly be for you guys. We completely understand it’s hard to wait when you haven't had a chance to play it yet but, rest assured, the wait will be worth it. If you haven't done it already, you can pre-order the game from GameStop® in the US to get into the Public Beta (EB Games™ for our brethren to the North). Make sure to bring along 2 extra friends once you register and get the email promo code from us; that code will let them in too. You're not going to get another Public Beta out there that will give you and your squad-mates so much access.

Best,

Seth

Totally.. lol

Who wants to bet the full release gets pushed AFTER the beta is over. Thats probably the purpose of the beta to give them an excuse to push it.. because "they found some things in the beta" ::)

Funny too, I just sent out a Mass PM from the old \\'arriors site to try to drum up some excitement.. figures it would get delayed 5 minutes after i sent it. lol

I honestly don't care. Forgive me here but isn't it just a video game? Yeah I am excited about Socom but come on I think everyone expects too much. One group wants them to bring it back to the old Socom 2 days, another wants them to bring it more new school. One group will be disappointed because its too advanced and the other because there aren't enough advancements. Nobody will be satisfied ever its always one thing or another. You have to not expect so much to be happy. Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but I'm a realist. :)