Socom Beta Delayed till Friday

Neo_Unit001 ]

Fuck man thats fucking stupid how the fucking hell do delay a fucking beta/demo I am gonna go kill everyone at slant6 and then hold zipper hostage and make them finish the game, anyone care to join?

someone vocabulary suddenly exploded with a certain 4 letter word lol

And you're probably right Chilly, I bet they do use the beta as an excuse to push back the release date again. I don't understand why they would release the beta so damn close to the release of the game. I guarantee Confrontation becomes a holiday 08' title

A lot of beta's release right before the release of the game. Battlefield Bad Company released it right before the release of the game and it wasn't delayed.

I think you guys are overreacting WAY to fucking much. Jesus Christ, it's only FOUR days. They're giving you those extra days at the end of the beta so there's no point in complaining. You guys have waited since the release of the PS3 for this game and you can't wait 4 extra days? Plus, I bet it won't be as great as you guys expect it to be. You're setting such high standards because Socom is the game of all games in your eyes, that when the game comes out, you're gonna be highly disappointed. I'll sit and wait for the thread where people complain about something in the Beta or in the actual game, that way I can sit back and laugh

-ChurcH- ]

A lot of beta's release right before the release of the game. Battlefield Bad Company released it right before the release of the game and it wasn't delayed.

I think you guys are overreacting WAY to fucking much. Jesus Christ, it's only FOUR days. They're giving you those extra days at the end of the beta so there's no point in complaining. You guys have waited since the release of the PS3 for this game and you can't wait 4 extra days? Plus, I bet it won't be as great as you guys expect it to be. You're setting such high standards because Socom is the game of all games in your eyes, that when the game comes out, you're gonna be highly disappointed. I'll sit and wait for the thread where people complain about something in the Beta or in the actual game, that way I can sit back and laugh

Thank you Church you put it better than I could.

-ChurcH- ]

Not bad. I'll get an extra day of golf in. The only thing I want to point out is this. ;D IMO, the reason everyone is so testy is because we are all sick of COD4. If you haven't played Socom, you just don't understand. Socom: CA is STILL a better game than COD. It's graphics are awful, and the framerates suck, the jerky movement, are the only reasons people aren't playing it constantly still. You put good graphics and the betterish online capabilities on that exact game, and COD4 probably would have never even gotten a tourney here. It's what 95% of the players here are used to. True tactical gaming. You just can't get it with COD. At heart COD is a R&G.

-ChurcH- ]

Bad Company was a Demo not a beta..!? (i think)

Chili-Palmer ]

Technically what EA put out for Battlefield: Bad Company was a demo, but there really isn't much difference between them. A demo contains a small portion of a game, usually put out to players can play them and decide whether or not they want to purchase the retail version of the game. Betas are much larger portions of the game, sometimes the complete game, put out to detect any flaws, bugs, or glitches. The public can then report these bugs and the game developers still have a chance to fix it, while in demos, the game is usually finished by the producing company.

willywonka159 ]
Chili-Palmer ]

Technically what EA put out for Battlefield: Bad Company was a demo, but there really isn't much difference between them. A demo contains a small portion of a game, usually put out to players can play them and decide whether or not they want to purchase the retail version of the game. Betas are much larger portions of the game, sometimes the complete game, put out to detect any flaws, bugs, or glitches. The public can then report these bugs and the game developers still have a chance to fix it, while in demos, the game is usually finished by the producing company.

EXACTLY.. lol

A Beta is released much sooner, so fixes can be made.. AND in this case it actually is going to be released much sooner than the full game, some of us just dont know it yet. ;)

I would have to disagree $$. I think most are testy because 1: it was suppose to be with the system release.

2: after it failed to launch with the system it was Nov 19, 2007 then pushed to spring now Oct. So I think everyone is tired of the delays.

I think the fact that they set a hard date and now delayed it is really indicative of POOR project management. They have had demos out at events for the past month or more so WHAT could possibly delay it another 4 days?

-ChurcH- ]

Errors, glitches and problems arise everyday in gaming. No game is ever perfect. EVERY game has its glitches. I'm sure there's a reason for it, but it's only 4 days.. that's nothing to stress over

I don't think, for some, that it's the "time". I mean, would people feel different if it was delayed 2 weeks? Probably not. Maybe people are mad for the mere fact that they kept delaying the game, which made most people feel like they were lied to. I know 4 days isn't a lot, and I'm not one of the people complaining (because I'm actually fine with it), I'm just defending those who are pissed. Like I said, 4 days is practically nothing, but it may not be the "time" that is bunching up our shorts, it's just that they keep failing to put out something on the day that they announced it would be released.

I don't get all anal about release dates, Shane. SO I don't see it like that. I never heard anything more than internet rumors about Socom on release of ps3. I was bitter for about an hour over the beta. I'm more grumbly that I have to play cod more now. Garbage.

I don't see why people are still bitter about it. It's Socom. When has it ever really been on time.

CLASSIC SOCOM-

We at SOE would like to ensure we bring the CLASSIC elements of socom to our new platform and have chosen slant 6 to help us with that. Our first priority is to get you to buy something under false pretense. From there we will continue to release late unfinished material. It will be groundbreaking and just enough for us to get you to be interested in buying a patch- Dont worry we by no means are going to let slant 6 release a "real" socom at this point. We are just currently trying to cut costs on R&D and are using you giving you this fine 7 map beta game. Due to our qore gamers not really getting anything they paid for we will delay the preorders to make them unhappy with some one else.

As always we will keep you posted with any upcoming information... *not heard from again for 9 month when a patch comes out to fix message text font.

lol

Like I said a while back- When I am PLAYING online with my clan, in a room that works, with mics- I will then say "I am excited for the new socom"... Until then any date is BS to me.