Ever thought of another name?

I don't know if you're like me, but I've had the Undertow name now since the beginning of Socom1. Actually, for about 7 days I was Dirge113 until I realized that I didn't dig the numbers in the name (and the original had already been taken). So, I've been Undertow for a good four years now.

I love my name. The time spent with it should show that.

Some of you may feel the same with your long-held names as well........like me, sometimes yuo think how it would be to just have a new name.......but WHAT would that name be?

SO.....for conversation and curiosity's sake, I thought if any of you went through that too, you could spill it here. Not names that you've had in the past or 2nd or 3rd names you have.....I'm just talking about those who've had a LONG time identity but sometimes secretly crave the feeling of a new name altogether.

If I were to choose a new name TODAY, I think I would go with DIRGE. It means a song for the dead. I always thought that term was cool when I learned what it had meant a long-ass time ago.

But for now, I'm just plain ol' Undertow.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Directors

I chose Viper711 as my original name. It comes from the term used to describe people who smoked marijuana back in the day (i.e.- the 30s, 40s, & 50s).

Since then, I've went through a few variations of Viper (X_VIP3R_X , which is actually Viper 3, or the 3rd incarnation of that name...and Viper2.0).

However, for a brief time on Socom 2, I used the name Stormkrow...which happens to be Gandalf's last name in the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy (although the spelling is actually Stormcrow, I think).

I would miss folks calling me "V", which I kind of like....but, if I could choose another name today...it would be Stormkrow. "YOU SHAL NOT PASS!!!!"

Guest Church

Originally, I was obsessed with the Terminator so my name was "Cyborg" for years until Socom 2. There I became Teh Joker. I wanted to be The Joker due to my constant messing around with everybody no matter what the circumstance. But due to a typing error it became "Teh" and I stayed with that. When Socom 3 came out, I became -ChurcH- because of a clan I was supposed to be in with a bunch of people I knew from S3.. it basically required me to take a certain name. After the clan broke up, I stayed -ChurcH- even though I didn't want to. But anywhere else, as in XBox Live or any other non-socom site, I'm usually Teh Joker or some variation of the name.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

I only started playing online in socom3 under the name PuddyTat. I played for 2 months, then got with a clan with a reputation that was less than desirable. I quit that clan, and had to run under JIMMY_NORTON, wipe out my friends list, and start playing in different servers because Puddy would be voted the minute he popped in a room (not because I cheated, but because of my tag). It took a while to find new friends, and once i found a good clan I was able to use the PuddyTat name again. I just like it and i'm glad to have it back. It is such a non threatening, non military name that is cool to see "PuddyTat fragged ________ with AK-47"

Guest (BD)Douggie

socom 1 day 1 was the orginally MILF-HUNTER

then I changed it half way through s1 to douggie and been there since

i would keep the name I have now

46_and_2 ]

I actually have changed names frequently but have had only this name in socom 3. Some of my aliases:

Know_thyself

Veritas

Archangel

Stinkfist

Stewiegriffin

Bishop_carnage

Hanta

Epiphany

I think if I changed my name name now I would go with Vicarious

Hey now!! I still Like my origainal s2 name StickyShirt, and when S3 first came out Bignuts_

StickyShirt is still my fav...

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

someone explain to me why i have to have totally different verified accounts to change my name. socom should have profiles so i can change my screen name and still have my stats, friends, clan, whatever...

Over at [GT], when becoming a full member, our recruits drop their original names (my name since S1 was "mgthree") and the clan members come up with one for them. We usually come up with a couple base on who they are in real life (intrests, occupation, etc) and the recruits can accept or reject them until they have one that fits. Because our names are bestowed like nicknames, it kinda adds that dimension of belonging and acceptance. You become part of something bigger. We've even had a couple of [GT] leave over the years and still play under the 'non-Gen.' part of their name.

Because my name is based on who I am outside of SOCOM it is more personal than an arbitrary name, and I have no desire to change it at all. It really is who I am. Of couse mine kicks ass so that helps. ;)

Guest Smack

I've been Smack all the way abck to the game Medal of Honour Rising Sun ...that game was awful looking back now lol. I got the name smack being in some crappy clan called the killalot clan and everyone had these gimmicky names ...I was Smackalot ......I kept it after I left the clan cause it stuck just dropped the crappy alot from the end. But before that I was Biggie68 .....cause all my friends call me biggie and 68 was my university football number ....if I ever switch my name I'd go back to that most likely.

Guest [iLL] Andawg

Andawg came from High School. We were all named "Something"-Dog, So now you can figure out my real name...Damn.

I have another name I use to play and hide. I don't accept friends invites for it and the friends I have on it are my closer friends so if you don't have an invite then you know where you stand...jk, I just use it to play and hide. I have played in rooms with people who know me and recognize my voice then I raise it like a prepubeciant kid and leave.

Andawg ]

Andawg came from High School. We were all named "Something"-Dog, So now you can figure out my real name...Damn.

I have another name I use to play and hide. I don't accept friends invites for it and the friends I have on it are my closer friends so if you don't have an invite then you know where you stand...jk, I just use it to play and hide. I have played in rooms with people who know me and recognize my voice then I raise it like a prepubeciant kid and leave.

It sounds like you are trying to escape something Andawg. This may stem from having the name Ani as a boy? lmao jk jk jk jk ;D

Sorry Andawg I could not resist ;)

• Directors
MAXIMUS666 ]

Socom 1 name right here <<<

But if I was to make a new one maybe something a little more obscure, yeah....

ENGLEBERT HUMPERDINK - Might be too long so i'd settle with

HUMPERDINK

Eddie Izzard would be proud.

I have been REVEREND since socom 1. My 1st ever name was +GHOSTofWAR+, but I joined a clan that ceased to exist after about a week. So I changed it to SlapShot, joined another clan that ceased to exist after a week. Then I changed it to REVEREND in hopes of making the OUTLAWs clan. I have been REVEREND ever since. In socom2 I also went by !S!LK! after leaving my old clan, But that lasted like 3 weeks as everyone knew rev. I still used !S!LK! for my ref name on socomclans.net.