Best Rapper Alive?

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/hiphopmediatraining/31863/best-rapper-alive-competition-feels-slim-shady//

This is a topic I've been discussing with friends for the longest time lately....I think many people in the Rap game now are trash. I really don't like turning on the Radio and listening to that bum Soulja Boys Crap. I think If you really wanna listen to some good Hip-hop you should listen to people like Krs-One, or Public Enemy. I think if you were to judge the best rapper on lyrical flow it would have to be Immortal Technique. His stuff is Explicit but I like his stuff so much better than most other stuff.

Heres a Song I love of His:

So now what do you guys think? Who would you say is the Best Rapper Alive...? ;)

Revolutionary Vol. 2 .. Thats the shit...~!

What about old school Common, or Little Brother?

What about Sean Price, The Roots and Slum Village?

What about a real gangster .. Big L.., or some Nottz?

Come on man... they dont make hip-hop anymore... shits bull-shit,

maybe umm... Gangstar and a tribe called quest, .. and i cant think of the other 2 guys.

eminem is up there who else can do what he does nobody and nobody can touch him either not even close.....

nas and jay-z are up thier as well they put out nasty shit year after year...

krs-one is a badmothafucka but it is all the same sounding....13 plus albums crazy

snoop is nice but went all wierd on us

gotta throw ghostface in that shit along with method man and reakwon ........

dr dre......

but like i said eminem is so fucking talented dude makes songs that are about nothing sound fucking amazing.

someone talks shit to him he ruins their career look at ja-rule and benzino..he just about put the source under he is so nasty.......

gangstar is nice but they are a group big l was nice bout as nice as freaky tah......

so top 5 alive in my book are

eminem

nas

jay z

krs one

busta

go let me have it :D

D_dubYa ]

Best rapper alive=Tupac ;D ;D ;D

But for real tho, I really like Ludacris, it isnt all about killin people, its about hoes and you gotta appreciate that LOL.

Lol, Tupac is most likely my favorite candidate for Best Rapper "Ever" , Since technically he isn't with us anymore... :-\

eminem is up there who else can do what he does nobody and nobody can touch him either not even close.....

nas and jay-z are up thier as well they put out nasty shit year after year...

krs-one is a badmothafucka but it is all the same sounding....13 plus albums crazy

snoop is nice but went all wierd on us

gotta throw ghostface in that shit along with method man and reakwon ........

dr dre......

but like i said eminem is so fucking talented dude makes songs that are about nothing sound fucking amazing.

someone talks shit to him he ruins their career look at ja-rule and benzino..he just about put the source under he is so nasty.......

gangstar is nice but they are a group big l was nice bout as nice as freaky tah......

eminem

nas

jay z

krs one

busta

I'm taking yo uoff my friends list. :'(

I thought you were cool. Now I found out yer a Feminem mark. That shit cuts deep bro. Really deep. Maybe I'd have mroe respect for him, if he wrote more of his own shit.

Best rapper alive? Method, or Ghostface.

Red0ctobeR ]

How can the kings of Rap be dismissed? Dr. Dre and Snoop, The founders of gangster rap.

I love Dre, but he isn't a good rapper. The guy writes beats that will propel anyone to superstardom see: Feminem. He just doesn't flow very well. If this poll was #1 in the rap business, it would be Dre hands down with Jay-z right behind him.

i think its real hard to name any rapper as the best. theres so many talented artists out there with different sounds that they all deserve a top spot. My list includes (and its in no particular order theyre just my favorites):

-Immortal Technique

-Lupe Fiasco

-Mos Def

-Talib Kweli

-Dr Dre

-Eminem

-Busta Rhymes

-KRS-ONE

-Jay-Z

-NAS

-T.I.

-Ludacris

there was one dude that dropped off from the mainstream who was real good, some of you guys may remember him from the Chronic 2001 album: Hitman, this dude was real good but he got put on the shelf when Dre and Eminem focused instead on 50 cent which in my opinion was a mistake :(

I have others that I will remember as soon as i post this but for now this is all i can think of off the top of my head. Once again I gotta say that no rapper can truly take the title because theres too many good artists out there that bring/ have brought so much to the table as far as lyricism and style. Its getting harder nowadays to sift through all the garbage that is choking up hip-hop. But if you look carefully theres a lot of dudes and gals who still know what it is to rap about something meaningful and who dont all rap about the same crap over the same beats because frankly 99% of the newest "artists" (note im using that term loosely) all sound the same.

WiZ ]

"Ice Cube"

Hell yeah. I'm old, so when Tupac died Rap died for me. I can't tell you shit about the crap they play off as Rap these days. NWA, Public Enemy, Dre, Snoop, Geroge Clinton.......

Eminem.........Pure crap to me, I GET IT HE HATES HIS WIFE. Seems every damn song of his is the same crap over and over again.

D_dubYa ]

But for real tho, I really like Ludacris, it isnt all about killin people, its about hoes and you gotta appreciate that LOL.

Dub you beat me too it. DAMN! But yeah Greatest Living Rapper Hands Down = Tupac Shakur

MaluNYMets ]
D_dubYa ]

But for real tho' date=' I really like Ludacris, it isnt all about killin people, its about hoes and you gotta appreciate that LOL.

[/quote']

Dub you beat me too it. DAMN! But yeah Greatest Living Rapper Hands Down = Tupac Shakur

GREATEST LIVING RAPPER, I THOUGHT HE DIED?

luchesco ]

i think its real hard to name any rapper as the best. theres so many talented artists out there with different sounds that they all deserve a top spot. My list includes (and its in no particular order theyre just my favorites):

-Immortal Technique

-Lupe Fiasco

-Mos Def

-Talib Kweli

-Dr Dre

-Eminem

-Busta Rhymes

-KRS-ONE

-Jay-Z

-NAS

-T.I.

-Ludacris

there was one dude that dropped off from the mainstream who was real good, some of you guys may remember him from the Chronic 2001 album: Hitman, this dude was real good but he got put on the shelf when Dre and Eminem focused instead on 50 cent which in my opinion was a mistake :(

I have others that I will remember as soon as i post this but for now this is all i can think of off the top of my head. Once again I gotta say that no rapper can truly take the title because theres too many good artists out there that bring/ have brought so much to the table as far as lyricism and style. Its getting harder nowadays to sift through all the garbage that is choking up hip-hop. But if you look carefully theres a lot of dudes and gals who still know what it is to rap about something meaningful and who dont all rap about the same crap over the same beats because frankly 99% of the newest "artists" (note im using that term loosely) all sound the same.

I am with this guy here!!

And you might want to add Common and you might want to slap me for this, but you can add The Game after he stop crying!

Well best rapper dead. We all know who that would be. (my fav is BIG L )I agree with my fellow clan leader kingjunk. I was heavy into rap but then shit just got so weak i turned to clasical. lol sike but ya this kick your bitch slap a hoe bullshit dance rap is hella garbage. So bad i wont even download them let alone buy a album.best rapper alive sure isnt lil wayne ya sure is lyrics r nice but its just them same concept out his mouth every song.My personal fav is jadakiss. my man got some serious lines. he talks about getting wireless head which is head with no hands shit like that

BigMoneyNacku ]

eminem

nas

jay z

krs one

busta

I'm taking yo uoff my friends list. :'(

I thought you were cool. Now I found out yer a Feminem mark. That shit cuts deep bro. Really deep. Maybe I'd have mroe respect for him, if he wrote more of his own shit.

Who writes Eminems raps.?

I would definitely put Em at the top as far as skillz, but i would knock him down a notch or two if he doesn't write them.