No Socom Update This Year

:'(

SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 Update Status Update

Hello,

Some of you may be wondering why we have not posted an update this past week. Well, we've been extremely busy trying to finalize the SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 update.

We've been spending the last week tracking down and fixing stability issues. A lot of these are not new and existed in the 1.20 update but it is our goal to provide a much more stable experience for the 1.30 update. A lot of the stability issues only happen under infrequent circumstances but the number of separate infrequent issues added up. We've fixed a good number of these issues (including the "heart attack" bug) and we are now preparing a final candidate for final acceptance testing and SCE Format QA.

Unfortunately, due to the Holidays the update will not be approved by SCE Format QA until early next year. Our QA staff will be here, testing the game over vacation, but the SCE QA teams which must approve the update before release will not. Again, these teams must approve all titles and updates before they can be released. We are unable to release the 1.30 update without their approval. As much as I would like to play Scrooge, it is impossible for us to cancel their vacation and get them to approve it over the holiday.

Therefore, barring any unforeseen issues, we are looking to release the SOCOM: Confrontation 1.30 update during the week of January 5th or January 12th. We are pushing to get it approved and deployed ASAP after the holiday break.

We understand that a lot of you were hoping to play the 1.30 update over the break and we really wanted to make that happen. However, our primary goal is to make sure that the 1.30 update lives up to everyone's expectations and more time was needed to make that happen.

SEQUOYAH ]

You have some hate issues Shane. LOL. I feel your pain though. Its the same old socom song and dance. HURRY UP AND WAIT!!

I don't hate. I just have an issue with someone making 6 figures, putting out a half assed product and still has a job. If I did something like that I would be fired, wouldn't you?

Guest CplKoontz

I agree with Chili, smells like they are hiding something:) Maybe a dlc pack:) wiht maps and weapons?

Rumors floating around are saying they are going ot have a dlc soon, and form a few people i heard

At least 3 old maps (blizzard, night stalker, and vigilance) SF clans, possibility of weapons, a couple new maps, and new game modes....

I dont hold it wiht a grain of salt but would be sweet

haha, that was funny.

In any case.. I doubt it man, they dont even have the game operating correct, let alone optimal. How could they put out something to add-on to something that dont work?

It will be a LONG time before we see this work out the right way. I dont understand. Why doesnt another company like infinity ward work on a socom? ALL they have to do is make it 3rd person and keep our features. It can't be that difficult. Im going to school for video game coding. Fuck it. I cant get a masters, get a job, a create a new SOCOM by the time they get this going.

Obviously not, but I seriously need to go back to school. Somebody got like 30 grand I can borrow so i can go finish my degree up?

at3dave ]

haha, that was funny.

In any case.. I doubt it man, they dont even have the game operating correct, let alone optimal. How could they put out something to add-on to something that dont work?

It will be a LONG time before we see this work out the right way. I dont understand. Why doesnt another company like infinity ward work on a socom? ALL they have to do is make it 3rd person and keep our features. It can't be that difficult. Im going to school for video game coding. Fuck it. I cant get a masters, get a job, a create a new SOCOM by the time they get this going.

Obviously not, but I seriously need to go back to school. Somebody got like 30 grand I can borrow so i can go finish my degree up?

Well...the way I see it, they got to finish the damn game before they can add stuff to it. And 1.30 is supposed to finish the game. Kinda funny when you think of it that way. Kinda pissing me off when I think of it that way.

I will tell my younger brother to fix SOCOM once he is finished university...and we will make UF the Official Tourney ladder of SOCOM. LOL

CaribbeanCLANK ]
at3dave ]

haha, that was funny.

Well...the way I see it, they got to finish the damn game before they can add stuff to it. And 1.30 is supposed to finish the game. Kinda funny when you think of it that way. Kinda pissing me off when I think of it that way.

I will tell my younger brother to fix SOCOM once he is finished university...and we will make UF the Official Tourney ladder of SOCOM. LOL

I hate to break the news to you but 1.30 isn't going to finish the game. They have already announced 1.40 that will add in more features that are not done yet and couldn't make it in to 1.30.

Step one, make a game that works = FAIL

Step two, make a patch to fix it = FAIL 2x so far, can we fail a 3rd? and if they are already at work on 1.4 then yes, FAIL x3!

Step three, we're still playing it = Epic fail.

It's a hard one for me to understand, I mean I agree with [cBF] Shane, if failure is the norm and not a fluke then some people should be fired, and we should get some rebates. That's just customer service. But in today's world, firing someone would hurt their feelings and customer service has gone the way of the dinosaurs.

So all of you can see where I am coming from and WHY I believe Seth should be fired....

Start with the Market data.... Socom 1,2,3 and CA online numbers. Seth was a part of all these versions and SHOULD KNOW what to expect, correct? He should know peak numbers, average numbers and trends over time. It really is not that hard to calculate and he has access to those numbers.

So the beta is announced and they send out "coupons" that allow you and 2 friends to join in. They KNOW how many codes are printed and you multiply that by 3, easy enough, right? The print 20k codes, X3 = 60k possible beta testers, example, but you get the picture.

So the beta is released! What is the FIRST excuse!? We didn't expect the overwhealming response. WTF!!!!?

How could you NOT KNOW!!!? ok, no big deal, they will fix it.

So we go through the beta. They take input, fix a few things, adjust a few things. Things happen but at least they give the perception that they are trying to adjust to the community. Not 100% perfect but it is just a beta. The disconnect issues, red X issues and so on. Seth comes out and says it is our poor connections... I prove him wrong. Typical pointing fingers. They take the latency test out which is SORELY needed in an online only game!

Then release comes along. First off, IMHO, the "Gold" version is MAYBE one version past beta. UH OH!!!

Then the server issues. First excuse, "We didn't expect the overwhealming response". WHAT!!? You are fucking kidding, right!!? You have had past experience KNOWING what numbers 1,2,3 and CA put up. You had the BETA not a MONTH earlier and you had PREORDER numbers. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT!!!? That RIGHT there is ground for termination IMHO!! But no it gets BETTER.

We come to find out, AFTER PURCHASE, that the game is half done! What? You sold a half finished product! You allowed an UNFINISHED product to be released to market? You are the Project Manager! This should NEVER HAPPEN!!

And now we are on to the patches. I am going to read between the lines like most people on the Playstation forums do. In the past people were assuming that 1.30 was in QA for testing and that it would be released any day. I kept stating they have not said that BUT they say if you read it this way. Ok whatever.

This quote right here tells me a lot....

"we are now preparing a final candidate for final acceptance testing and SCE Format QA"

They have YET to get 1.30 past their own internal QA!!! Let alone to SCEA QA. That to me is VERY troubling!!

Seth is a Project Manager for SCEA. Project Managers are the one person that should KNOW ALL about their Project. They set the scope, timelines, gates, financials and people. He has failed on all accounts! This is PS3's most important title, IMHO, because of the sales the Socom series generated on the PS2 platform. Their BIGGEST seller period! This is a catastophe in terms of PS3 gaming. Microsoft has to be loving it.

Red0ctobeR ]

Shane you should have your own thread on the PS forums, It titled. Seth Luisi should resign. You give all this compelling info and all of us here bump the thread until someone finally gets a clue that they let out an EPIC FAIL of a game.

They keep deleting them! LOL

seriously anything against Seth is deleted as fast as it is created.

SHANE23 ]
Red0ctobeR ]

Shane you should have your own thread on the PS forums, It titled. Seth Luisi should resign. You give all this compelling info and all of us here bump the thread until someone finally gets a clue that they let out an EPIC FAIL of a game.

I was going to say the same thing. All "excessively" hateful posts towards Seth and /6 get deleted. :D :D

SHANE23 ]

So all of you can see where I am coming from and WHY I believe Seth should be fired....

Start with the Market data.... Socom 1,2,3 and CA online numbers. Seth was a part of all these versions and SHOULD KNOW what to expect, correct? He should know peak numbers, average numbers and trends over time. It really is not that hard to calculate and he has access to those numbers.

So the beta is announced and they send out "coupons" that allow you and 2 friends to join in. They KNOW how many codes are printed and you multiply that by 3, easy enough, right? The print 20k codes, X3 = 60k possible beta testers, example, but you get the picture.

So the beta is released! What is the FIRST excuse!? We didn't expect the overwhealming response. WTF!!!!?

How could you NOT KNOW!!!? ok, no big deal, they will fix it.

So we go through the beta. They take input, fix a few things, adjust a few things. Things happen but at least they give the perception that they are trying to adjust to the community. Not 100% perfect but it is just a beta. The disconnect issues, red X issues and so on. Seth comes out and says it is our poor connections... I prove him wrong. Typical pointing fingers. They take the latency test out which is SORELY needed in an online only game!

Then release comes along. First off, IMHO, the "Gold" version is MAYBE one version past beta. UH OH!!!

Then the server issues. First excuse, "We didn't expect the overwhealming response". WHAT!!? You are fucking kidding, right!!? You have had past experience KNOWING what numbers 1,2,3 and CA put up. You had the BETA not a MONTH earlier and you had PREORDER numbers. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT!!!? That RIGHT there is ground for termination IMHO!! But no it gets BETTER.

We come to find out, AFTER PURCHASE, that the game is half done! What? You sold a half finished product! You allowed an UNFINISHED product to be released to market? You are the Project Manager! This should NEVER HAPPEN!!

And now we are on to the patches. I am going to read between the lines like most people on the Playstation forums do. In the past people were assuming that 1.30 was in QA for testing and that it would be released any day. I kept stating they have not said that BUT they say if you read it this way. Ok whatever.

This quote right here tells me a lot....

"we are now preparing a final candidate for final acceptance testing and SCE Format QA"

They have YET to get 1.30 past their own internal QA!!! Let alone to SCEA QA. That to me is VERY troubling!!

Seth is a Project Manager for SCEA. Project Managers are the one person that should KNOW ALL about their Project. They set the scope, timelines, gates, financials and people. He has failed on all accounts! This is PS3's most important title, IMHO, because of the sales the Socom series generated on the PS2 platform. Their BIGGEST seller period! This is a catastophe in terms of PS3 gaming. Microsoft has to be loving it.

PREACH BROTHER....PREACH!!!

BigMoneyNacku ]
SHANE23 ]
Red0ctobeR ]

I was going to say the same thing. All "excessively" hateful posts towards Seth and /6 get deleted. :D

Freedom of speech at it's finest. Oh unless you are on their boards complaining about an incomplete game. They OWE us free map packs. >:(

Yes. I didn't expect the released version to have more bugs in it than the beta.

/6 is off to a horrible start. The only thing keeping them in business is there is nothing else quite like SOCOM which has a large following, and they unfortunately have the newest and closest version to what SOCOM is. /6 sucks in my mind, they could suck start a diesel engine, and I hope they see that.