Censorship?

Restriction of free speech? That's change I don't need.

Looked like I was going to get two predictions from the UF 2008 Election time capule right even before Obambi took office. And this morning I check it out for responses and it's gone. I had that thread saved to my favorites so I could easily look it up. And now all I can see is:

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Like so many other things pertaining to Obambi and his past, political record, and birthplace. We are not to know the truth and are to be kept in the dark and infromed by the likes of Kieth Olbermann and Chris Matthews.

Nice....

HogWild ]

Restriction of free speech? That's change I don't need.

Looked like I was going to get two predictions from the UF 2008 Election time capule right even before Obambi took office. And this morning I check it out for responses and it's gone. I had that thread saved to my favorites so I could easily look it up. And now all I can see is:

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Like so many other things pertaining to Obambi and his past, political record, and birthplace. We are not to know the truth and are to be kept in the dark and infromed by the likes of Kieth Olbermann and Chris Matthews.

Nice....

Time capsule means... let time go by and then check it. You want to crucify him when he hasn't even taken office?! LMAO! C'mon my fellow pork rhine friend. Let's give it some time and then talk... in, oh say a year? Then we can actually have a discussion that means something. LOL ::)

Well seeing the last political discussion wound up in two guys getting pissy at one another, it was probably removed to keep that from happening again. Most people cant handle political discussions because, like religion discussions, they are too close minded to other peoples views. It usually just becomes one big shouting match between the two sides and nothing gets accomplished. Basically it is a smaller form of Congress....

It was actually forbidden on UF, but given that this was such a important election for so many reasons, the staff allowed it during the primaries up to the election.

Afterwards, it was said that political threads were to cease here on UF, and that is that. Gaming forum, not political forum.

Makes sense to me.

It can be called censorship of free speech.

It can be called following our forum guidelines.

However you wish to view it, that's how it's going to happen. I'm sorry, but the majority on a msg board CANNOT have a 'discussion' about politics. Some here may be smart enough to keep such things as a discussion and not a continual undercutting of someone else's beliefs, but UF is smart enough to know that that's NOT how these types of threads go down.

Censorship?

Call it what you will.

The complaint can be logged in at sites mentioned above like http://www.politico.com

You can tell them how you're mad that a military gaming forum is making your anti-censoship bone really, really upset.

There is no need for this thread or political topics to continue here....as per UF's standing request. We allowed it during election time for people to bark at each other sun up to sun down. That time has long since passed us by and that grace period is now over.

Thank you.

- TOW

KingJunK ]
RNG187 ]

dude, PMs work great too. example: i PM'd a forum-goer on a certain issue going on, we had a discussion about it, and kept all emotions/reactions/opinions there.

Speaking about that PM, I am still mad you called my sister a fat wh**e >:(

lets be honest here king, A. i didnt call her that, and B. your sister is as much of a girl as you think.

I just wish I could participate in threads. I mean we have fights over sports this isn't a sports website? We fight about movies.. tv shows.. etc and those don't pertain to games? Why not politics? Sure sometimes things get out of hand but thats the same thing with gaming threads. But thats during election time people who don't care about politics decide to talk about an issue they don't care about after the election while others continue to follow politics just as much as sports.

CpDude05 ]
Lexaeus ]

what a drama queen calling out freedom of speech. lol

Was this post really necessary?

was it really necessary to post a question asking if something is necessary?

if you wanna play internet police then every post on this thread is unnecessary except for Tow's explanation. if every post had to be "necessary" there would be 2-3 replies per thread MAX