As a Marine myself, I am exceptionally proud of this footage. When you ask the Marines to take out Afghan snipers....we take them out.....in peices.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i37.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/sequoyah73/USMarinestakingoutAfghanisnipers.flv">

I dont get it.. what makes them explode..? (and nothing else around them)

I dont mean to question the US Military, but..... Where did that video come from, & what makes us believe it is a .50 cal rifle, & that those are even people getting shot by a rifle.!?

I saw this video 3-4 years ago when a friend emailed it. A military friend had sent it to him. I always believed it was a .50 cal, like he said. At the end of the vid, you see them zooming out and you get an idea of how far off they were. (That part was cut off at the end of this clip.) I couldn't believe that you can shoot someone from that far away. Crazy stuff!

Guest CplKoontz
willywonka159 ]

Isn't it true that a .50 caliber sniper rifle can kill you even if it misses you or something like that? I think I read that somewhere, but I'm not sure it it's true or not. :-\

There are rumors of people shooting someone with a 50 cal, and it ripping their face oof, but they really missed.. When I was over in the sand, I rem hearing a similar story. I dont know if it is true or not.. I have shot the Barret 50cal, and it is one bad piece of equipment:)

Chili-Palmer ]

I dont get it.. what makes them explode..? (and nothing else around them)

I dont mean to question the US Military, but..... Where did that video come from, & what makes us believe it is a .50 cal rifle, & that those are even people getting shot by a rifle.!?

Not that I am discrediting the vids but I remember seeing it somewhere about those vids being shots of rabbits and other small game.

Depending on how close the bullet travels to its target, it can still do damage without hitting. you can hit a target close to 2 miles away depending on the sniper and the condition he's under.The Barrett is a fucking BEAST, if you happen to live threw a shot form it, one your very unlucky and two you ain't to happy with the rest of your life.

Guest CplKoontz
DevilHawk34 ]

Depending on how close the bullet travels to its target, it can still do damage without hitting. you can hit a target close to 2 miles away depending on the sniper and the condition he's under.The Barrett is a fucking BEAST, if you happen to live threw a shot form it, one your very unlucky and two you ain't to happy with the rest of your life.

Hell yeah the Barrett is a beast, and fun as hell to shoot... The gun shop near me has one for sale... Its onl $11,000 if anyone wants it:)

A .50 cal round is roughly the size of one of those cocktail carrots, traveling over the speed of sound, when it hits a small animal like that, yes they will explode. What the video is AWESOME at showing is the accuracy of the gunner, and the poswer of the rifle.

I like this video

They have a new one I saw on Future weapons, it's semi-auto, me wants!!!!!

http://zerosix.wordpress.com/2007/09/08/semiauto-50-cal-rifle-cannon/

Guest CplKoontz
Sgt.JoeFriday ]

A .50 cal round is roughly the size of one of those cocktail carrots, traveling over the speed of sound, when it hits a small animal like that, yes they will explode. What the video is AWESOME at showing is the accuracy of the gunner, and the poswer of the rifle.

I like this video

They have a new one I saw on Future weapons, it's semi-auto, me wants!!!!!

http://zerosix.wordpress.com/2007/09/08/semiauto-50-cal-rifle-cannon/

you want that one? well Like i said above, the gun shop by me has one:) for $11,000

I have shot the Barrett 50 cal semi-auto. We got to shoot it for a few hours, got really lucky that day lol.

I am not a huge fan of Mark Walhberg but for those that like this stuff you should watch Shooter.

I have seen 2 videos that I wish I could find to post. One where they were talking about the US being investigated because of the fact we are getting so many headshots in Iraq. The soldiers are using M16s as sniper rifles and they are THAT accurate.

The other is where there were a few snipers on a roof picking off people as they were getting shot at with RPGs and such.

Guest CplKoontz
SQUlD ]
KOONTZ--X ]

Sequoyah your a marine? active or former? I am a former marine myself......

SEQUOYAH ]

Former Marine bro. 91-95. 11th batallion 4th Marines.

Whatever happened to "Once a Marine, always a Marine"?

Nothing....... we calls ourselves Marines, but Former means we arent active anymore. Instead of saying Ex-marine, we say Former Marine