question on michael phelps

Yeah the aqua lung had a night that he probably couldn't have in highschool and post highschool due to training. I can't believe people want to crucify him for weed. How many gold medals has he won representing our country? Answer me that and then answer me why he doesn't deserve to blow some steam or rather inhale some mj.

Michael Phelps admitted to what he did and apologized for it.

I think it's ridiculous that he had to apologize for doing something like that. The man works 11 months straight every year to become the top athlete in the world and when he wants to relax, he's criticized. Some of his sponsers have already stated they do not care about the incident and it will not affect him in any way.

Maybe one day people will realize that mj being illegal is just stupid when everyone does it.. it's pretty much like making air illegal. That's how much it's used... bleh

Anyway, at least Phelps had the balls to come out and admit what he did. I don't think it should affect him in any way though. Let the man have some fun, he's only like 22.

He da man. He's the greatest American athlete and the world's top athlete and he smokes a little and gets roasted for it? People need to grow up and accept MJ, it isn't suppressive of society and has no negative side effects emotionally, physically, or socially.

Another movement that needs attention.

I'm still really disgruntled the zeitgeist.com thread got locked because it got a little "heated". SO MANY threads result in heated discussion on these forums that DON'T end up locked, I think it's BS that a thread that seeks to enlighten people of the coming issues we face is locked and stowed away in the coffers for no further attention when it needs to be viewed by many. And yes, feel free to file that as an official complaint against the establishment.

Ya, lets encourage ALL our youth to aspire to be among the greatest atheletes in the world, and do illegal drugs. Its okay...Micheal Phelps did it! ::) Ruin your lungs, and health...YOU'LL MAKE MILLIONS!!!!! ;D

Not that I am drug free by any means, however I could have had a good sports carreer had I made different choices. I would NEVER encourage a young athelete do do that......EVER!!!

Who we are is dictated by the choices we make along our path in life. Pot, IS harmless...........AFTER the body is done developing!! This is the part many forget or brush aside. The research I read show'd that during ones development, the use of Marijauna blocks the development of some VERY useful brain cells, and this is what they harp on when crying that it's harmful. However, after everything is developed, it's merely a mood relaxer. Actually less physical problems then alcohol.

I think it's cool that the "outrage" over this incident is mostly the talking heads on TV. The rest, like here are "oh well, it's just some pot. Cool bong."

Where I get mad at pot users is, It's obvious which ones used before they were finished developing. LOL

SEQUOYAH ]

Ya, lets encourage ALL our youth to aspire to be among the greatest atheletes in the world, and do illegal drugs. Its okay...Micheal Phelps did it! ::) Ruin your lungs, and health...YOU'LL MAKE MILLIONS!!!!! ;D

Not that I am drug free by any means, however I could have had a good sports carreer had I made different choices. I would NEVER encourage a young athelete do do that......EVER!!!

That's what I am thinking here does "Role Model" ring a bell to anybody?

Dad: Johnny you are smoking pot WTF!!

Johnny: Yeah dad I want to be like Mike Phelps so I gotta start early!!

::) ::)::) ::)

Had he had been........ahh nevermind!! :-X :-X

Lockdown ]

He da man. He's the greatest American athlete and the world's top athlete and he smokes a little and gets roasted for it? People need to grow up and accept MJ' date=' it isn't suppressive of society and has no negative side effects emotionally, physically, or socially.

I'm still really disgruntled the zeitgeist.com thread got locked because it got a little "heated". SO MANY threads result in heated discussion on these forums that DON'T end up locked, I think it's BS that a thread that seeks to enlighten people of the coming issues we face is locked and stowed away in the coffers for no further attention when it needs to be viewed by many. And yes, feel free to file that as an official complaint against the establishment.

[/quote']

Yeah, I'm not too sure about the locking of that thread either. It wasn't that heated, just Chili stirring the pot. :P

Very interesting topic.

There was nothing wrong with MP hitting that bong. Where he messed up is letting some jackass take pics of it. Yeah, he is a role model. That don't mean he can't do what he wants, it just means he has to be aware of his surroundings. ;)

Man some people act like dude was hitting the crack pipe lol It's a little weed, who gives a shit. And I agree, he only messed up by allowing himself to be photographed. Of course people will have a hay day with the story because of who he is but seriously would this be an issue if he was photographed lining up shots of whiskey? No because its not "Illegal" because the government says so, even though alcohol related incidents kill thousands of people a year. Its funny what society deems to be ok and accepted :-X

And as far as the whole role model argument, I see your point but I respectively disagree. You can pick "role models" from any sport and look at their lives, these people are human beings they make mistakes. I grew up watching a lot of role models in sports however I don't snort coke off a hookers ass's like Michael Irvin, I don't gamble away all of my earnings like Michael Jordan, I certainly don't beat my spouse or commit crimes because some NFL players do it. Or how about all the teeny boppers that watch "Cheatea Girls" or "High School Musical" and all of these "role models" for our children making sex tapes lol. People need to be better parents and inform their children of the risks of all these things and the consequences.

Playerdown ]

That's gotta make the guys he beat even more pissed. Dude i was stoned and i still kicked your ass. He was on performance de-hancing drugs.

Best post :D

Anyway, I was watching a talk show and they were talking about "What are his sponsers going to do?" And I know someone brought up the whole role model thing.. I have two things to say to that

1: Phelps is the greatest athlete in the world and can swim like a damn fish.. if weed was really that harmful, Mr. Phelps wouldn't be able to swim like a maniac.

2: What people don't realize is that Phelps isn't being paid to be a role model. He's being paid to wear some logos and represent some companies.

And hell.. everyone has tried it. Even our past presidents have tried weed one time or another. People need to drop it and realize Phelps just wanted to take his game out of the water and into the sky for a few hours

Lockdown ]

He da man. He's the greatest American athlete and the world's top athlete and he smokes a little and gets roasted for it? People need to grow up and accept MJ' date=' it isn't suppressive of society and has no negative side effects emotionally, physically, or socially.

Noted

BigMoneyNacku ]
Lockdown ]

[/quote']

Yeah, I'm not too sure about the locking of that thread either. It wasn't that heated, just Chili stirring the pot. :P

Very interesting topic.

There was nothing wrong with MP hitting that bong. Where he messed up is letting some jackass take pics of it. Yeah, he is a role model. That don't mean he can't do what he wants, it just means he has to be aware of his surroundings. ;)

I swear its a conspiracy.. because now i have seen that topic being discussed on "other" forums.. *cough* ;)

True weed can be bad for kids, & yes it does VERY little harm to adults, but you cant blame Phelps if your kids smoke weed. YOU should have tought them better. ;D

Yeah, I don't care either who smokes and who doesn't. Its their choice. But the fact still remains that it is illegal. That's not anyone's choice. You get caught with weed in your pocket, there will be consequences. Its like, you can't be a 20 y/o and poke a 15 y/o girl. To some on here it may be fine lol, but if you get caught, you will be in some deep shit. Props to him for accomplishing what he did. Its a feat that may never be repeated again and he should be allowed to party any way he feels likes it... he just needs to be more careful how and where he does it because he is after all a public figure.

CDBS14 ]

i could care less who smokes weed' date=' i just wont do it. why would i wanna be a tool and follow in someones footsteps, i would rather make my own trail.

[/quote']

Good for you CB, it takes a strong person to take that stance! "Travelling the road less travelled" kind of stance. Phelps is a celebrity, and a valuable one at that, the companies who support him are obviously supporting him because he has years left of potential records and achievments. If he were on his last legs, no matter what type of legend he was, you would most likely see them pull their support in a heartbeat as it is just plain bad for buisness...

On a side note, I value my mind, and I have no desire to ever be without my senses. As a Correctional Officer I have absolutely no desire for that "Ass Grass", and yes, that's how they bring it in! :-X