TOO OLD TO GET BETTER???

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

i was reading the post about "socom players with kids" and started to think of all the "younger" players in the game that rack up amazing numbers. that got me to thinking, is there an age where you just dont get any better? is there an age when your too old to start playing? i dont think your ever too old to play (refer to clan tag), but do you reach a point where you max out you ability?

Guest H.A.V.0.C

I'm going on 40 and I'm just not the same video game player that I was when I was 25, So I think I have reached my max abilities in many factors in my life including Video games. But on the other hand my dad is 62 years old and still is very active with video games daily, he doesn't play online but he plays allot of one player RPG's. So my theory is..... I don't think you every outgrow the games, but I think as your body and mind grow older...just like everything else that you may do in life.... your just not as quick or as nimble as you use to be and your thought process is slower, therefore your reaction time is slower also.

I don't think it's age unless your age is actually affecting your mind and body.

I'd say anyone who's under the age of 50 is likely not affected by age, but perhaps they just don't have the time or interest to be as hard core as the guy who is 19.

My skill level is not the same as it was even when I was 23 and I'm only 26, but that has more to do with the fact that I find the surrounding aspects of the game more interesting then the play itself. I find the idea behind this tournament and my clan to be far more interesting then the in game play. The in game play is fun, but for me it's just a means to hang out with my buddies at night.

For the last year or so, my focus has been mainly on my clans well being and not much else. I'm far better at teaching people how to play this game, or planning a war than I am at actually playing.

I think your skill is affected by your interest in getting better. If I focused on being the player I was before, I would be.

im 17 and i notice theres 3 kinds of players: a leader/team based player who performs better when there are tactics and organization. then theres the player that prefers to work alone and can get alot of kills but doesnt follow tactics or ignores what the team is doing.

and then theres the best players who are a combination of both

age doesn't matter i think. I think the number or yrs u play socom gives u an advantage becuz every new socom release u should be getting better. You have more knowledge about the game, better tactics, and u become a better leader for ur clan or just in a regular room. I will prob die having a heart attack on this game. Age doesn't matter

-PiT0-

-Affliction- ]

im 17 and i notice theres 3 kinds of players: a leader/team based player who performs better when there are tactics and organization. then theres the player that prefers to work alone and can get alot of kills but doesnt follow tactics or  ignores what the team is doing.

and then theres the best players who are a combination of both

theres a 4th kind. my kind. we just suck at everything. LOL

Wow, a lot of good responses here and great topic bro......I think it's funny that all the younger guys say, "no, age doesn't matter"...and all the older guys (except Tow) say, "yeah there's a difference."

I'd say that this game is like any game, where repetition and practice are key.  As you get older and gain more responsibilities, you simply have less time to play, which means less reps shooting or aiming that sniper rifle, which means less accuracy, which means a decrease in skill.  There are some people out their though who can take long breaks and come back and play like they never left.  I just consider those folks "gifted" and they are few and far between.  

I think that if you are the type of person that learns from your mistakes, but more importantly, you learn also from the mistakes of others, that you will just naturally progress and get better with experience.  So even though your hand, eye coordination may decrease with age, you can make up for it with your savviness and working experience and knowledge of the game.

-Omni

Goat ]

At 45 I'm older then most of you puppy's.. but don't get me mad you won't like it when I'm mad!

:)

p.s. that 70+ granny, I got owned by her the other night... that old byotch!! LMAO!!

Your full of crap your older than 45 :-* :-*

LMFAO!!! I've been caught!! dammit ok ok yea I turned 46 this year!! LOL hey at my age I can blame it on altimers.. PRIME YOU SOB! don't hear from ya since you left PBK for what a year now and you come out the wood work just to call me on my age!! %$@#$% hole! ;D