Rumour: Socom 4

I loved S2 and S3 single players. The stealth element was a bit less in socom 3 but the story and missions were still great. I liked how you unlocked suits by beating it on different levels. S2 was actually a really tough game on the higher levels, I loved it.

Tool_Minion ]

I hate it when I bust out my favorite bitch-slap and Chili doesn't notice..... :'( :'( :'(

I noticed.. i was just working on my reply. ;)

Then i realized.. having to deal with this horrible game is punishent enough, so i will let it go. lol :P:-*

I want to take pictures and save them to my desktop of how many people are all over Zippers nuts about making the next SOCOM, then I will post all over the Sony forums when they start hating Zipper again. I mean... how many people hated zipper and was saying, before Confrontation launched, I hope the game is made better then how Zipper did it.

I mean seriously.

Gamers can be SO STUPID. People will hate how things are done. Zipper never talked to the fans. Slant 6 doesn't do any better by stringing people along. Christ there is no winner here.

Listen I hope there is a SOCOM 4, mainly because TPS is the first Online gaming experience I had. Yea FPS shooters such as CoD was fun, but who are we kidding here. SOCOM is my first love and I don't think I can be fully satisfied with something else.

If there is a SOCOM 4 and Zipper does it, I hope there has been some lessons learned on their part and on Slant 6's part. God help us if they haven't.

You guys all need a 12 step program.. lol

You should learn from Johnson & Chaka, they are realizing that they have been blinded.. and the quality of the crack is so bad now that it makes it even worse that you wasted your life. lmao.

I have not played a socom, I didnt love, made by zipper... Bitch and moan about little things, some better than otehrs... But I loved them all...

This shit with a socom tag on called "confrontation" wouldnt make a pimple on zippers ass. :) Atleast not at the moment- Some day and a hell of a lot more maps later it might prove some worth IMO.

True Story 8)

xRed0ctobeRx ]

I want to take pictures and save them to my desktop of how many people are all over Zippers nuts about making the next SOCOM, then I will post all over the Sony forums when they start hating Zipper again. I mean... how many people hated zipper and was saying, before Confrontation launched, I hope the game is made better then how Zipper did it.

I mean seriously.

Gamers can be SO STUPID. People will hate how things are done. Zipper never talked to the fans. Slant 6 doesn't do any better by stringing people along. Christ there is no winner here.

Listen I hope there is a SOCOM 4, mainly because TPS is the first Online gaming experience I had. Yea FPS shooters such as CoD was fun, but who are we kidding here. SOCOM is my first love and I don't think I can be fully satisfied with something else.

If there is a SOCOM 4 and Zipper does it, I hope there has been some lessons learned on their part and on Slant 6's part. God help us if they haven't.

I agree with you fully man.

Chili-Palmer ]

You guys all need a 12 step program.. lol

You should learn from Johnson & Chaka, they are realizing that they have been blinded.. and the quality of the crack is so bad now that it makes it even worse that you wasted your life. lmao.

What would be the steps? There is no competition for Socom... And if you say COD I'm gonna have to smack you ;D

The steps are always the same when you are addicted to something that is bad. ;)

And CoD is not competition. lol (when you have one game that has 10k people per night, & the other has 200k+ it isn't competition)

You shouldn't drag CoD thru the mud like that, but i'm sure we could figure out some game that is as bad as Confrontation is.

Maybe X-Squad - http://ps2.ign.com/objects/013/013749.html

Chili-Palmer ]

The steps are always the same when you are addicted to something that is bad. ;)

And CoD is not competition. lol (when you have one game that has 10k people per night, & the other has 200k+ it isn't competition)

You shouldn't drag CoD thru the mud like that, but i'm sure we could figure out some game that is as bad as Confrontation is.

Maybe X-Squad - http://ps2.ign.com/objects/013/013749.html

No doubt the numbers look bad for Confrontation but let's face it this Socom is not a true sequel to the series. This game has it's advantages like better graphics etc. but some really dumb stuff to go along with it. If the numbers of people that bought this game were still playing and hadn't traded it in the player count would be a lot higher. IMO and most other Socom fans opinion there is no other game on the market like Socom. The keys that keep Socom fans playing Socom Round Based, Push to talk mics, and 3rd person there are others but you get the point. You show me something similar to that on any console and then you might have competition for Socom until then the majority of Socoms fan base sits on the sidelines.

COD gives me a headache from the respawn to the open mics to the first person the aim assist it's just terrible.

Crusty_Demons ]

COD gives me a headache from the respawn to the open mics to the first person the aim assist it's just terrible.

Yea crusty i know there is no substitute, but there are better games. ;D

As far as the headache all of that is fixable..

Respawn - play Search & Destroy

open mics - get into a party w/friends

aim assist - turn it off

1st person - get over it, 100,000 of others have. lol

CDBS, i dont doubt that. lol

xRed0ctobeRx ]

I mean seriously.

Zipper is like one of those things where you didnt know what you had until you lost it. Yes we all bashed zipper for bad MAINTENANCE. Not for an incomplete game. While they had there issues and bugs at least we had a game that included all the features we loved from their previous renditions, plenty of maps, and wasn't altered into something that looks more like a hybrid between Socom and COD. When people say they want Zipper back it's not because we love how well they treated us, It's because we want someone to take out all these stupid changes and give us a real socom with 11 rounds where the bomb doesnt respawn

Chili-Palmer ]
Crusty_Demons ]

Yea crusty i know there is no substitute, but there are better games. ;D

As far as the headache all of that is fixable..

Respawn - play Search & Destroy

open mics - get into a party w/friends

aim assist - turn it off

1st person - get over it, 100,000 of others have. lol

CDBS, i dont doubt that. lol

Seach and Destroy is round based yes and when I did play COD it was all I played. Problem was because of the level design it always feels like the same battles in the same places.

Open mics are terrible party or not besides in COD the most you can have in a party is 8. The amount of noise that comes through them and the fact that kids seem to always want to scream, sing, bitch, etc into them makes it intolerable. I played COD4 the other day with a clan mate and the first thing we did at the beginning of each game was mute everyone else in the room including the other team. No one ever calls anything out on those games anyway.

The view is something that can't be ignored the fact that you have no peripheral vision and trip over every stupid little thing on the ground because you can't see it.

This view is greater

socom2_4.jpg

Than this view any day of the week.

r680_cod4.jpg

Red, I couldn't have said it better!!

Chili, you know I like you, but STFU already. What you've been doing on every Socom thread is no different than the asshats that constantly bash the better online gaming console you love so dearly.