The Ads causing virus attacks

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yeah... see it ain't so dumb.

If your not happy with your current clan you could just say screw you guys and enter the next draft. It could be just like the NFL or something. If your known in the UF you could be seeded.

So in since if I wanted to make a clan lets just say. I could pick up players that way instead of hope people would join my clan.

Or if they do the COD tourneys and a clan doesn't have enough playing that game and want to enter. They can go to the draft.

In case no one know I'm a genius by the way...

"The world is full of con artistsâ€. Some of them will claim that you have viruses and spyware. Don't believe them; Never click their ads. Not all pop-ups are scams, but many of them are. Whether it is a scam or not, pop-ups are a rather obnoxious advertising technique. Its a sad attempt to sell you something you really didn't want.

From what I’ve found out on “bestantivius9†or “live-virus scanner3†and a horde of other names for the same crapola. Unfortunately its an attack at the ads source and not necessarily on UF. It appears that the ad company isn’t censoring their advertisers effectively. Many ad companies are responding by disabling pop-up ad functions indefinitely.

This particular ad closes the main browser window (at least it did to my firefox session) and opens a mini-window designed to look like a system tray alert. Clicking anywhere on the window opens a new browser session to the ad's site. I am nearly 100% certain it was winspyware.com (a company known to engage in this sorts of scams). Closing the session by the task manager and then running spybot found the tracking cookies and deleted them. I usually disallow track cookies from my system entirely and had to set it to accept to test this. There wasn’t any real virus found and obviously it’s a high jacking of the pop-up function by use of scripts and tracking cookies. Again it seems to be coming from the advertisement company and it is them that are being attacked.

I would ask them that all pop ups be disabled until they can permanently fix this. I’m 100% behind the need to generate some revenue by use of advertisement. IMO they aren’t that obnoxious if they are done correctly. I know you’re doing what you can Shane and I trust you totally since I know you’re just as P.O’d about things like this as the community is but the current company in use so far gets a failing grade from me.

• Directors

Guys... I need you to email screen shots of the pop ups to me... they should be gone, the teeth should be gone today now that we have found their source.

As for the virus... we are not sure where they are coming from... these are not happening on any site but the forums... not the blog, main site or any of the sites that have joined the clan ad network that we are a part of... its only the forums.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

I started getting pop-ups about two days ago and I'm constantly getting them when I come here. I haven't gotten the fake virus attack though. However, I'm still sick of seeing those damn teeth at the bottom of the forum

The teeth one you completely need to NOT click on. check my early post and see the news link.