FEEDBACK on PS2/Socom/Black Interest

As you all know, UF Black IV is coming to a close.

While we're gearing up for the next wave of evaluation tourneys here in Urgent Fury, we are wondering what the current climate is for Socom players on the PS2.

We're fully aware of the many clans now in UF that are making their shift to the PS3 and the gaming found on there, most notably CoD4 which UF is currently supporting in the Crucible tournament.

When we roll out the sign-ups for the second UF: Crucible, we have to wonder if there will still be a call for another Black tourney. We will happily set one up with full UF Staff support, as is typical, but we'd like to know if there is enough call for the work to go into preparing another tour.

We'd like to hear the community's feedback on this.

A decision will not be made ON this thread, but this thread may give us the necessary insight we'll need to make the proper decisions.

Thank you for your time.

- TOW

I think you should, even though for us for example its been tough keeping up with Socom. But we still are trying to solidify our ps2/socom base and also aiming to make it stronger by playing in a tournament like Black. I think there are still a fair amount of guys waiting for by ps3 till the next socom or planning on NOT getting ps3 for that matter, they still need a home and will always be there. ;D

Map Packs. I personally think you guys should not use map packs.

1. Not everyone can get the map pack. Whether it be money or in general heard too many bad reviews on it.

2. Lag.

3. lag.

4. one more LAG!

Map packs have a tendency to lag more then any other map, if theres a bad host its a wrap. Just my two cents.

I think Black should continue with different ways to keep it fun. I have a PS3 and I've been having one for a long time and I don't really play it cause I love socom. I play with alot of guys that are in the same boat as me. We are genuine fans of SOCOM and we would love to stay competitive. SOCOM is a classic and will always be the best strategy shooter. Think about it without SOCOM this community wouldn't be so active. Over half the intrest for COD4 tourneys have fueled from SOCOM enthusiast. I love Black so keep it up fellas !! :'(

I find Cod to be laggy as well.....I dont think it compares to socom....I'm not a fan of cod...its really easy to kill someone and it seems like every idiot in the world has a mic on there.....I prefere not hearing a 14yr get his ass kciked by his parents for his report card because he failed to un-plug his mic.......I love black tourneys

I'll agree, COD is fun but to say that there's no lag and its the greatest thing since sliced bread is a little overboard. It may be the best thing thats out so far for the PS3 but thats it. And I also think its unfair to compare the two. One is a next gen game, of course its going to look cooler, and for a FPS its pretty good just not my bag. Socom is a bit antiquated but still good IMO. Either way I'm sure we'd play in any of them if you allow us ;)

Wow.. I'll admit that im actually quite surprised at the responses.. I was kind waiting for a yeah.. we're all set with Socom CA for now.

But to touch on what Rooster said..

This Season of UF Black has really gone off without a hitch. A special thanks to the CR's for helping in that.

But also... it has alot to do with the fact that Black is an already established tournament, and the Vet. clans know their role, and how things work in black.. which really just makes for a smoother tournament for everyone.

With THAT said, I think its almost worth keeping it going, since I'd be confident in saying that its a low maintenance tournament, because its gone through 3 solid seasons, with a 4th one coming to a close.

I can speak for all of us when i say.. Im REAAAAAAALLY looking forward to So-Con.

Guest KingJunk

I did not play in Black this time around and many of you know why, and if you don't ohh well, but I think you guys should keep Black going though I have not touched my PS2 in almost 4 months ' I think I will dust everything off call up the guys and give it another shot, so with all that being said I am down for another Black Tourney ;D ;D

What do you think Skipper? PM me or post a reply!