WHAT GAMES ARE YOU BUYING IN 2008

First thing first, IM GONNA BE BROKE THIS YEAR SINCE ALL THE GOOD GAMES ARE COMING OUT.

WHAT GAMES ARE YOU GETTING IN '08?

Here is a link of upcoming Playstation 3 titles: http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html

To date i have bought: 2 GAMES

-Assassin's Creed

-Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection

-MGS 1

-MGS 2

-MGS 3

THIS YEAR, THESE ARE THE GAMES IM GOING TO BUY (INCLUDING PlayStation Store Games/Expansions):

-Grand Theft Auto 4

-HAZE

-Warhawk: Operation Broken Mirror

-Bionic Commando Rearmed

-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

-Battlefield: Bad Company

-Mercenaries 2: World In Flames

-Madden NFL 09

-Killzone 2

-LittleBigPlanet

-SOCOM CONFRONTATION (Ofcourse, Im camping out that night and not going to school)

-Fallout 3

-Resistance 2

-and maybe Fracture.

SO HOW ABOUT YOU?

I have bought so far this year:

MLB 08 The Show

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 (Returned immediately after playing once)

Condemned 2 Bloodshot (Fucking AWESOME game)

Plan on purchasing:

GTA 4

Madden 09

Nascar 09

Confrontation (Can't wait!!!!!!)

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Resistance 2

Tom Clancy's Endwar

IF Confrontation is good enough for me to buy a PS3 (which im sure it will be), I dont think there is too many other games that i would buy for PS3.. (I never played any MGS game, but if it is that good i might check that out also :))

But i do plan on buying:

- Nascar 09 (hopefully it will be better)

- NCAA Football (hopefully 2KSports will be able to put one out someday)

- Major League Baseball 2K8

- NFS Underground 3 (I'm hopping this will be the next one)

Hey Killa,

Is there some sort of Kingdom Hearts pack for PS3 coming out or are you just saying your gonna buy all the old PS2 ones.? I have both PS2 games (KH 1 & 2)

Guest [iLL] Andawg
Chili-Palmer ]
Andawg ]

Won't be Confrontation I'll tell you all that much!!!

You cant say that YET. (can you.?)

Is that a Halo emblem in your sig..?

Dunno about the emblem, it was created by the computer geek of the clan and he may have and probably did take it from HALO, I wouldn't know, I don't play XBOX anything!!!

And I can say it cause I won't be supporting a company in the future that can't follow through on any commitments they make. How frequently did they say map packs were coming out again?

Who cares how great it is, if they can't Honor their word, ever, why should we support them.

Andawg you need to get your FACTS correct bro. Socom Confrontation is being made/developed by Slant Six, NOT Zipper. Zipper is at fault for the map pack dilemma, not Slant Six who has no affiliation with any prior Socom. You can't judge them if you've never seen their work lol.

MRM3T ]

Whoa.....I just Noticed That Ima Get MGS:4' date=' GTA:[u']4[/u] and Confrontations and they are all the 4th game in the Series.... :oKinda Freaky to Me, but that may be cuz Im a little Slow on things like that :P

Confrontation is the 5th game, unless you consider Combined Assault like an expansion which it basically was.

I hear ya Andawg, & as much as i would like to say i wont be playing it no matter what.. I just dont see that happening, IF it is a good game.!

I feel very similar in NOT wanting to support getting the shaft. lol

Yea the skull thingy on your sig is the Halo 3 skull. You get it when you finish the story on easy you get just the skull, on the medium level you get one sword & on hardest you get both swords or guns or whatever they are .lol

For someone who doesn't want to support getting the shaft, i'm surprised you dont play anything XBOX.!

Also, I believe it is Sony who employs the "shaft" & is at fault for all the pushed dates on everything.

smokeosama ]

Andawg you need to get your FACTS correct bro. Socom Confrontation is being made/developed by Slant Six, NOT Zipper. Zipper is at fault for the map pack dilemma, not Slant Six who has no affiliation with any prior Socom. You can't judge them if you've never seen their work lol.

MRM3T ]

Whoa.....I just Noticed That Ima Get MGS:4' date=' GTA:[u']4[/u] and Confrontations and they are all the 4th game in the Series.... :oKinda Freaky to Me, but that may be cuz Im a little Slow on things like that :P

Confrontation is the 5th game, unless you consider Combined Assault like an expansion which it basically was.

Yea Thats What I basically Count it as....Wasnt Really Too Special To Call it a New Game to the Series..

Guest [iLL] Andawg

That's a wonderful story Smokeosama, but do you know where both Slant Six and Zipper get their funding? I have read that you'll find SCEA somewhere on the checkbook that holds their money. Unfortunately this part WILL take awhile for me to find the article that covered this information, since it's over a year old at this point. If I remember right, it is in an article I read when Confrontation was first announced and that it wasn't Zipper as the lead developer.

And as hard as I'm stirring I think this spoon will break soon :-* ;D ;)

smokeosama ]

I would say since we are getting facts straight- SOE is to blame.. Seems to me zipper kept its word until they were being bought out.

The fact remains- Zipper IS the company that made the 1st socom. Zipper came up with partnership with the navy. Zipper made leaps and bounds with their 1st online military shooter... I will buy confrontation because it has the "socom name" to be frank... So will most everyone else. To be perfectly honest if I did not know that zipper did have some design input with slant 6 I wouldn't be excited about the next socom not made by zipper.

SOE took out zipper and tried to commercialize the game, promises were made and broke, they over commited to gain hype (most that play other SOE games on the PC etc are not surprised). To Sonys defense though- Zipper had decided to not make future socom's after II "unless we can make it as groundbreaking as the 1st we will be moving on to other avenues". So Sony "zipped" in, bought them up, pumped out some more of the same stuff (with a little more commercial appeal), slapped socom name plate and zipper on it and we all bought the shit out of it....

I love ALL of the socoms... Lets hope the rest are as great as the 1st... And lets hope SONY learns from ITS mistakes.

I thought there were going to be two socoms ...

One (confrontation) developed by sland 6

and the other made by zipper

I DO HAVE major reservations about zipper and SOE.

one) they made promises they did not keep about the map packs

two) they took blood out of a military shooting game and changed it to white puffs to get lower rating and sell more games to young teens.

Hopefully with a new developed the game will have blood and be a game fro mature audiences. How can you make a great military shooting game with white puffs and no blood????

I think we DO need to give SCEA credit for getting a new developed, I think they learned their lessons, COD4 sold GREAT with a mature rating.

it sounds like they are trying to center this game around clans, this will be exactly what we want. the game centered around clans and a new smaller gameplay

Well, I don't really see a need for Socom 4. The single player games were a waste of time/developer effort. Spend that time making the online environment better. Socom 4 isn't even on my list. Just my opinion.

GT5

GTA4

Socom Confrontation

Kung Fu Panda

Civilization Revolution

Midnight Club: LA

Chronicles of Narnia

Battlefield

Already got

Army of Two

Condemded 2

Vegas 2

Dark Sector

Will be getting

GTA4

MGS4

MG Online

Left4Dead

Alone in the Dark

Socom Confrontation

LittleBigPlanet

Prototype

Resident Evil 5

Silent Hill 5

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Dead Space

Gears of War 2

Dead Island

Maybes

Battlefield

Velvet Assassin

Mirrors Edge

The Agency

Alan Wake

On a side note I think its great that a lot of great games are spread throughout this year instead of usually all the good games comming out in November-December