American flags used as art on the floor

My hats off to the Veteran and those who supported his cause. I know we have the freedom of speech but those involved, IMO, should be ashamed of themselves for using the flag in that way. Just my opinion. Protecting the rights of all includes protecting the ingnorance of others.

http://www.vidmax.com/index.php/videos/view/6787

Did you hear that lady tell the Vet that he had no right to pick the flag up off the ground? Sometimes I am in complete shock as to the things people think and say. I like to think I've heard it all but every now and again someone will prove me wrong.

Guys I will be the first to say this is f'd up, but they were not real cloth flags they were prints of flags. Not that it makes it any better but, the interesting part of the story is only 95% of students didn't walk on the flags.

The vet has every right to be upset but he should talk to her and see what her intent was behind it. It's like posting on the forums when your pissed or drunk, not a smart idea.

Here is the story on foxnews: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351624,00.html

I remember back when the flag touch the ground, that was a big no no. Now we can have them laying on the floor. Its not what material their made that matters, but what it represents. And to have our flag on the floor with people walking on them is wrong in so many ways. The Vet had every right to be pissed and its a shame they didn't get those flags off the floor. We are allowing the bleeding heart librals to do s**t in this country that would have got then killed 30 years ago. WTF is going on in this country, it sickens me.

Guest Corruptor310

yeah pretty stupid stuff on this article.

I just wish she would have put like, chinese flags or old russian flags to get her point across, I think this was just to be an attention whore, just like the harvard or yale chick that self induced abortions as "art". I dont see either as art.

my daughter is a young aspiring artist, and if she did some shit like either of these two, I would def put a boot in her ass.

Guest Corruptor310
RNG187 ]

i think the STATE university should be held responsible for this' date=' what does this type of action say about the administration and their regards for men who defended this country and their freedom?

[/quote']

It shows that they have a high regard for the U.S. Consitution and right to free speach and all that.

Do the "founding fathers" trump all that "defended the country"?.................possibly probably

it is the same principle that gave us Larry Flynt and all that he embraces..........

or am I off base here?

wow who ever did that art oroject should get drafted into the marines and sent to die in some fucked up place in the world man, people now a days dont even appriciate what the vets did back then, becouse that guy fought in the war whatever that war was im typping this without being scared of being sent to jail, shame to that school, you never put the flag on the floor ever, no matter the reason, i know a lot of people that are fighting right now in iraq one being a member of the clan and that is just messed up, that school should be closed and burned and to the guys that allowed that they should go to jail man, i cant believe how some people disrespect vets now a days and how some people dont even care about the country, i would like to see those people fight in a war go through the same stuff those soldiers went through and then maybe then they will know, people are just unpatriotic today, this will come to haunt us some day when it is too late.

i understand where you're coming from and let me say this, with the level of nationalism we have today, wouldn't you agree that the Texas vs Johnson decision in '89 was bullshit? and should be changed? b/c I personally do. our flag has been representing the UNITED States of America since the beginning of our country, millions of men have payed the ultimate price for that flag, and what it represents. dont you think it needs to be respected?

RNG187 ]

i understand where you're coming from and let me say this' date=' with the level of nationalism we have today, wouldn't you agree that the Texas vs Johnson decision in '89 was bullshit? and should be changed? b/c I personally do. our flag has been representing the UNITED States of America since the beginning of our country, millions of men have payed the ultimate price for that flag, and what it represents. dont you think it needs to be respected?

[/quote']

I have to agree with RING 8)

I'd love to drop these freaking people in the middle of a war zone and see what our kids are going through so they have the right to do as they wish. But soemthing should be done, I beleive in freedom, but not so far as to say its ok to tarnish what some have given to this country

I agree with you guys that it is disrespectful, but are those even considered American Flags..?

They are very similar, but NOT EXACT, which i think constitutes them as being fake. (still shouldn't be stepped on by punk ass kids, but fake non the less)

They have the correct amount of stripes, but the stars are all fuked up.

Chili-Palmer ]

I agree with you guys that it is disrespectful, but are those even considered American Flags..?

They are very similar, but NOT EXACT, which i think constitutes them as being fake. (still shouldn't be stepped on by punk ass kids, but fake non the less)

They have the correct amount of stripes, but the stars are all fuked up.

A few of them were old versions of the flag. Ya know, before all 52 were states

I think the US Flag, or images of the US Flag, should only be displayed per the US Flag code. If you're really interested in the subject, or just curious b/c you simply don't know what's defined as correct display, go to the wikia web site as suggested above.

I am glad to read here that there are others who share in the respect for one of the oldest most recognizable symbols of our country.

If you are reading this thread and questioning what all the fuss is about, take a moment and visit the wikia link above to get a little information on the background and tradition of the Flag.

i follow those rules, actually they dont only stand for the military also for civilians, when the flag is stored it must be stored and folded in a special way, they made a big deal here in ny a year agao becouse many flags were being displayed the wrong way backwards and in the wrong possitions, i still think those guys should be sent to the war to know what is happening not put flags on the floor as "art".

They tried this in France, but the students kept picking up the white towels and waving them over their head…

They tried this in China, if you stepped on the flag a tank ran you over.

They tried this in Iraq but they couldn’t find any flags to use.

They did this in America and disgraced every soldier, veteran and patriot in the country.

“the flags were removed 10 hours into the experiment after a fire marshal asked Crane to move them to the side of the hallwayâ€

I’d like to see the guy that said “it’s just a piece of cloth†tell that to a grieving widow and her children when they hand her the flag that was just draped over her husband’s coffin.

“that’s why we are allowing you to stay†That and we can’t seem to find a police officer willing to remove you.. Seems our local police and fire department are patriotic.. who knew?

“it’s just a piece of cloth…â€

Any flag is just that: a piece of cloth. It is also more than that. To any patriot, to any member of the military or military family, to any public servant, to any immigrant who has vested his loyalty, to any person who has been nurtured, who has prospered in the land represented by that cloth, it means much more than thread woven into fabric. The sum is greater than its parts. Don't forget that this is also true for our country. The United States is much greater than the sum of its parts. The threads of allegiance to the flag, proper posture during the national anthem, and public support for military personnel are all important threads woven into the fabric of American society, but none of them individually is as important as American society itself. I will fight for my country, I will die for my friends.

MarauderHD ]

And I think you can't hang the flag upside down unless you are in distress.

Has anyone seen "In the Valley of Elah"? Good show. There are so many deep points being made throughout the film too. Especially the one pertaining to the above quote.

RNG187 ]

i understand where you're coming from and let me say this' date=' with the level of nationalism we have today, wouldn't you agree that the Texas vs Johnson decision in '89 was bullshit? and should be changed? b/c I personally do. our flag has been representing the UNITED States of America since the beginning of our country, millions of men have payed the ultimate price for that flag, and what it represents. dont you think it needs to be respected?

[/quote']

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!

This question should never HAVE to be asked. Every AMERICAN man, woman, and child should FEEL the answer to this question in their souls.