SO.....we'd like to find out what you all think about the online aspects of GTA4 online.

There's different map modes.

There's different reactions to potential online lag issues.

There's a different "clan" feel to it.

We'd like to hear your specific thoughts on your experiences, good and bad, about playing this online title.

Looking forward to a good strong batch of responses.

Thank you.

- TOW

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

Well i say its better than good. Its no CoD or Socom....

I like the Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, Car Jack City, Team carjack city.

I dont really like Turfwar...

The Races are fun.

As far as a tourny goes though. I think the ability to Choose the section of the map to play on makes some kind of an opportunity to actually assign turf and fight over it in say a TACMAP Tourny.

The Variety of Weapons is good. And with levels only effecting your clothing i think that puts everyone on even ground (Unlike CoD4 where your level affected perks,weapons etc...) I Honestly think that with some Imagination, Creativity, and Hard work...a TIGHT ASS tourny could emerge.

The ability to reserve slots in a game can be useful.

I like the TEAM based games lke TDM and TCJC....Something about driving with a clan mate and fuckin shootin everyone in your path is so fulfilling to me.

FREE MODE....

If you think about it. This opens A LOT of doors. because you can really do ANYTHING...

All the Options like turning traffic on medium, high,etc Police, weather...all of this could amplify the complexity and excitement in a tourny environment.

I think that as far as Tournys go with this game. Possibilities are endless. And I REALLY look foreward to one. (However that is very unlikely knowing that I leave in less than 2 months.)

Yea, It is definitely far from a socom or CoD4 type of game, but thats what makes it even more fun is not having just ANOTHER shooter..

I think it would be fun using all the different game types, Death Match, Cops & Crooks, Races, Mafia, TCJC, etc..

A Race week would be pretty damn fun!!

"Cannonball Run" is my favorite.!

We could use the "Free for all" or "Race" for choosing sides, or home field advantage, or as an all-star break or charity type of week, etc..

It definitely wont have that same feel as a regular shooter/clan experience.. but it would still be LOADS of fun

Chili-Palmer ]

It definitely wont have that same feel as a regular shooter/clan experience.. but it would still be LOADS of fun

That is my only complaint. It's feels to me alot more like a drinking game. The amount of FUN on this game with yer friends is sick. The endless possibilities can keep you enthralled for hours. That being said, I think if you try to treat this as a clan based game and get tactical, it will kill the fun. The controls leave alot to be desired, especially to people that aren't habitual GTA series junkies. I know if I'm playing tactical, my controls damn well better be on point. The sloppiness of COD frustrates me sometimes, and it's a good control system. Also, the game modes weren't thought out that well. They feel kinda rushed.

I think for this to work as a tournament, it'll have to be laid out more like a giant role-playing game. Like;

Instead of playing team deathmatch or a set game, make your own variations of Cops and crooks, Protect the boss or whatever. Races attached to storyline, like 1 [Dv8] driver racing against 1 driver from [<N>] point A to point B, for said prize. Then maybe have the other clan members IN CARS ONLY, NO GUNS, trying to interfere. Run opposing drivers off road, set up road blocks, and things like that.

That would prolly end up being insanely extensive though. Who watches that no racer goes off-course, writing all the back drop for individual weeks. The list can go on and on, but those are the possibilities the game offers. Hell you could have "hired" guns, that don't belong to a clan because he is the only one playing GTA in his clan. So let the guy do "contract" labor for other clans. Changing rosters as he changes allegiances. Gangsters are gangster like that. ;D

Maybe none of this works or anything, but IMO it should be looked at from a completly different viewpoint than ALL of the team oriented/tactical games we know and love. I got a billion cool ideas in my head, but who knows if any of them could pan out.

Well, being that it might be pursued in its 'own' location (urbanfury.net) and not here in Urgent Furyland...I think it is worth to open it in Tournament form. It frees some of us from the Squad-based, Tactical Shooter that we are accustomed to here, and allows us to just 'have reall funny-fun' with our clan mates for a change. It as well offers an open expansion to attract a 'new' group of gamers who might like 'variety' in the gaming experience. Without repeating what 'APOC' already said, I agree with his observations, 100%.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

i am not overly impresseed with this game online. i do like some of the modes, but for the most part we play as a clan for laughs blowing each other up. i guess a citty wide team deathmatch would be cool, but long!! maybe if we new a little about what Urban Fury was about...maybe just a general idea

BigMoneyNacku ]
Chili-Palmer ]

That is my only complaint. It's feels to me alot more like a drinking game. The amount of FUN on this game with yer friends is sick. The endless possibilities can keep you enthralled for hours. That being said, I think if you try to treat this as a clan based game and get tactical, it will kill the fun. The controls leave alot to be desired, especially to people that aren't habitual GTA series junkies. I know if I'm playing tactical, my controls damn well better be on point. The sloppiness of COD frustrates me sometimes, and it's a good control system. Also, the game modes weren't thought out that well. They feel kinda rushed.

I think for this to work as a tournament, it'll have to be laid out more like a giant role-playing game. Like;

Instead of playing team deathmatch or a set game, make your own variations of Cops and crooks, Protect the boss or whatever. Races attached to storyline, like 1 [Dv8] driver racing against 1 driver from [<N>] point A to point B, for said prize. Then maybe have the other clan members IN CARS ONLY, NO GUNS, trying to interfere. Run opposing drivers off road, set up road blocks, and things like that.

That would prolly end up being insanely extensive though. Who watches that no racer goes off-course, writing all the back drop for individual weeks. The list can go on and on, but those are the possibilities the game offers. Hell you could have "hired" guns, that don't belong to a clan because he is the only one playing GTA in his clan. So let the guy do "contract" labor for other clans. Changing rosters as he changes allegiances. Gangsters are gangster like that. ;D

Maybe none of this works or anything, but IMO it should be looked at from a completly different viewpoint than ALL of the team oriented/tactical games we know and love. I got a billion cool ideas in my head, but who knows if any of them could pan out.

DEAD ON.!!

xPUDDYTATx ]

i am not overly impresseed with this game online. i do like some of the modes, but for the most part we play as a clan for laughs blowing each other up. i guess a citty wide team deathmatch would be cool, but long!! maybe if we new a little about what Urban Fury was about...maybe just a general idea

I think its under construction.. & we are the apprentices to their journeymen. ;D

I agree with Chili. This would definitely NOT be the same shooter style tourneys we've played, BUT it opens a shitload of doors. Personally, I've seen actual TEAMWORK and clans working together on GTA. It may not be as far fetched as it seems. There's tons of potential from being able to limit maps, traffic, pedestrians, weapons, etc. I think it would give a new feel to the shooter theme of UF. And who knows, it could open doors to a whole bunch of new clans.

And about lag... like always, I've yet to feel any on the 360.

i think it would be great, something slightly different u know, the city is huge and the opportunities almost endless, also lagg on it for the ps3 isnt as bad if the host is good, i have played huge gta4 game son ps3 with no lag, one of my guys actually has a god connection he never lags. Also tdm, turf war and cops and crooks might be the best types of gameplay for a tourney because of the amaunt of team work involved, tdm strategies if u do gb for the top teams ( WHICH SUCK) is camp the rpg, and seriously that is annoying, also the another issue is that of people getting the lead of a game and then swimming of into the ocean or getting a chooper and thats it, i play gangsta style,i get an ak and hell breaks loose, so i agree we there should be a tourney it would be fun and crazy more gangsta with driveby shootings and stuff sounds like fun and the scenarios you can creat are endless.

-Affliction- ]

after reading all these posts,in short i agree it would be fun for a different kind of tournament, but there would have to be a huge amount of organization from both the players and creators

That is where the real questions lie. ;D ;D

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa
Killafrisco ]

Well I enjoy the Cops and Crooks node it's fun but the whole package would probably drive you crazy in a tournament type setting and really theres no way to get two clans in one room without having random people come in.

You obviously haven't looked at it thoroughly, when making the room you can assign private slots up to MAX so only people that you invite can join.

Teh Joker X ]

I agree with Chili. This would definitely NOT be the same shooter style tourneys we've played, BUT it opens a shitload of doors. Personally, I've seen actual TEAMWORK and clans working together on GTA. It may not be as far fetched as it seems. There's tons of potential from being able to limit maps, traffic, pedestrians, weapons, etc. I think it would give a new feel to the shooter theme of UF. And who knows, it could open doors to a whole bunch of new clans.

And about lag... like always, I've yet to feel any on the 360.

While that's true, the standard game matches aren't as fun. TDM is a race to the weapons like someone said earlier. C & C gets a little old. I just don't think it's make for a fun tourney if it was any sort of standard anything. The true beauty of this game lies in it's endless possibilities.

Thats the key to it.. the "Endless Possibilities"

We need to make it so it is not just deathmatch, but more point to it, & maybe MANY ways to get to the objective.!!

Not just kill, but maybe a scenario and first clan to finish the scenario wins.

Need to make our own game types within the game types offered.!!

Remember playing "Pimps & Hoes" or "kill the drug dealer" on Fish Hook.!?

Does anyone remember playing that..? lol (you played it the opposite of extraction)

Anyway point being it was fun as hell.!!

And thats what we have to do for this, is to make up a few different game types using more (or less) of the map & not just the typical game types.

IMO the game is a ton of fun. I enjoy cops and crooks, TDM, Racing, Turf war. I like the ability to be able to pick different parts of the city to play in. I guess you could make mini games with rules to play in a free mode setting, never really messed with that but overall I enjoy the online portion of the game. I still think hit detection could use some work or I just need to crouch more lol.