Sign-ups for SOCOM: Confrontation BLACK Tourney

SOCOM: Confrontation seems so far away, yet those weeks are going to slip by faster than you will think.

In preparation for this, everyone here within the UF Community has a great opportunity here to experience the first Black tourney for Confrontation in a way we don't usually get to. New game = more level playing field. Lots of gunners here are very familiar with different maps, favorite locations and time coordination in relation to where their opponents may be in the opening seconds of a new round.

To take advantage of this type of "alien" game play for all participants of the upcoming Black tourney, Urgent Fury will be launching SIGN-UPS for the first Black tourney for the PS3's SOCOM TWO WEEKS before the game's release. October 1st, sign-ups will be up for Black and will run for two weeks.

There will be ONE week of prep and invites which will be the first week the game will be out.

Come October 20th, the new Black WILL begin!

Remember, sign-ups for the next TACMAP tourney for Urgent Fury, UF: Chain Reaction, will follow soon behind BUT you cannot sign your clan up for a TACMAP tourney unless you have successfully completed a Black tourney first (veteran clans who have already completed a Black tourney in the past are exempt from this requirement, though they are welcome to sign up for Black regardless).

Starting the tourney within a week of the game's actual release will be a truly unique opportunity for a lot of clans here to pit their team play against other clans playing the exact same maps as early as you will be.

***Please also note, there will be some significant changes coming to the Black tourney. The "key" to get into a UF TACMAP tourney will be a little less easy to attain. We'll leave it at that for now.

Confrontation's on its way and we here at Urgent Fury simply CANNOT wait!

We're looking forward to seeing a LOT of old-school clans returning to full duty after this long SOCOM sabbatical.

- TOW

Johnson30 ]
***Please also note, there will be some significant changes coming to the Black tourney. The "key" to get into a UF TACMAP tourney will be a little less easy to attain. We'll leave it at that for now.

I hope wins has nothing to do with it! ;D

I heard that! Cause if that's the case, we'll never be allowed to play here again. :-[

But, assuming that's NOT the case ... can't wait to shoot it up!!!

UNCLE-SID25 ]

My team has been training 24yr old, grad students, for 6 years, waiting for this! 8) lol

Well Black Ops has been training beer drinkers of all ages, for 7 years, waiting for this!! ;)

We've even brought in some RINGERS. Yep, they're 5 year old's from a Malaysian sweat shop. They're small but they've got great work ethic. ;D

Cant wait.

• 4 weeks later...

is the info posted?? last time i looked it was labeled new but was old info.. w/ old clan stats and such?? Just trying to figure out if its no nades or not.. silly question i know due to it being a BLACK tourney.. however, its a new game and [503] can only hope that there will be lil if no restrictions.

inadub ]

is the info posted?? last time i looked it was labeled new but was old info.. w/ old clan stats and such?? Just trying to figure out if its no nades or not.. silly question i know due to it being a BLACK tourney.. however, its a new game and [503] can only hope that there will be lil if no restrictions.

come on mr staff member. lol...From what i remember, black tourneys are always no nades.

I will talk with our Clan Founder, but we ALL have been waiting for 'this' day! Seems that with all the exploding garbage cans, and the fact that it is a totally new experience in gameplay, the 'no-boom' on Black...should be lifted and evaluated off of the 'First' run of this game, then see how it works out. It's just that 'Tactical', involves more than just 'shooting'. And I would love to get kills 'other than' by bullets! (Oh, Yeah!) ;D