OBAMA OR MCCAIN WHO DO YOU CHOSE

Goat ]

ELECT GOAT & US25!

[size=4][color=blue]Baby Jesus wasn’t available.
I fully support Jim Morrison as my secretary of state
and Jimmy Hendrix as surgeon general
we’re open to any means necessary even voodoo
[/color][/size] 

Yes Sid put his ticket in the hat first but I’m leading in the polls 1 minors vote to 0.

what about me, im your number one young voter? remember?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CDBS14 ]
Goat ]

ELECT GOAT & US25!

[size=4][color=blue]Baby Jesus wasn’t available.
I fully support Jim Morrison as my secretary of state
and Jimmy Hendrix as surgeon general
we’re open to any means necessary even voodoo
[/color][/size] 

Yes Sid put his ticket in the hat first but I’m leading in the polls 1 minors vote to 0.

what about me' date=' im your number one young voter? remember?

[/quote']

secretary of juice boxes. ;D

Guest SuddenRedScare

Yeah Goat... for real. I know I can come across strong, (asshole)... LOL But the bottom line is I enjoy talking about this stuff. I know for a real I could sit with Red or Hog and have a beer with them and shoot the shit in real life and be ok with everything. If you look at my politico profile I have many repubs, conservatives, dems, indies, liberals... etc. I think that say a lot about a person.

I like the way your ticket is looking, although I think Janis Joplin would make a better secretary of state. ;D

My man, Mr Mojo Risin for surgeon general.

Surgeon General's Warning: I'm like lizard king, I can do anything! 8)

Guest SuddenRedScare
HogWild ]

A perfect example of "know your source".

Chris Matthews, of MSNBC Hardball:

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlDC/television/chris_matthews_interviews_his_daughterwithout_disclosing_it_95951.asp

Interviews his OWN DAUGHTER for a nationally televised program and doens't identify her.

Fair and honest?

You decide.

I'm one who usually agrees with you in this thread. However, I don't see how this isn't "fair." It's true that the bill will be pushed onto my generation and those kids indeed have reason to worry. Whether it be his daughter or not, they are in it for the right reasons. The only thing he's guilty of his having a well educated, and rather cute daughter.

That's cool.

My opinion is formed by my own experiences.

Rewind to 1991, I deployed to Kuwait to liberate it. One of the last news reports I saw on TV before deploying was a young woman claiming to be a nurse in a Kuwaiti hospital telling the story of how babies were being taken out of incubators and placed on the floor to die by Iraqi soldiers. To say I was more than eager to get going was an understatement.

The rest of the story, that WarPig is going to jump all over and ignore the larger point of what I have been posting all along, is that it's important that the U.S. has a credible and unbiased news system to inform the public. But that's OK, I lived it and others talk about it.

The rest of the story is, it wasn't a nurse from Kuwait. It was the daughter of the Kuwait Ambassodor to the United States and wasn't in Kuwait at the time of or after the Iraqi invasion giving testimony before Congress. We (citizens and US military) were duped by our own government. My Commander in Chief at the time conspired to lie to me. I was furious. Before other's jump on being duped agian by the current George Bush, I knew that Saddam had WMD's and had used them on his own people and Iranian's, I saw the intel put forth and thought at the time Saddam still had WMD's, and re-enlisted to deploy again to Iraq. I believed Secretary of State Powell wouldn't lie for anyone to go to war, and believe that still today. Powell made the case. So on that point I am satisfied.

It's all about personal experiences. I think the U.S. press should be unbiased, hard nosed, and seek the truth no matter what. But that's not what we have. Thank God for the internet or I would have to rely on Katie Couric, Charles Gibson, and Brian Williams for my news.

Guest SuddenRedScare
HogWild ]

That's cool.

My opinion is formed by my own experiences.

Rewind to 1991, I deployed to Kuwait to liberate it. One of the last news reports I saw on TV before deploying was a young woman claiming to be a nurse in a Kuwaiti hospital telling the story of how babies were being taken out of incubators and placed on the floor to die by Iraqi soldiers. To say I was more than eager to get going was an understatement.

The rest of the story, that WarPig is going to jump all over and ignore the larger point of what I have been posting all along, is that it's important that the U.S. has a credible and unbiased news system to inform the public. But that's OK, I lived it and others talk about it.

The rest of the story is, it wasn't a nurse from Kuwait. It was the daughter of the Kuwait Ambassodor to the United States and wasn't in Kuwait at the time of or after the Iraqi invasion giving testimony before Congress. We (citizens and US military) were duped by our own government. My Commander in Chief at the time conspired to lie to me. I was furious. Before other's jump on being duped agian by the current George Bush, I knew that Saddam had WMD's and had used them on his own people and Iranian's, I saw the intel put forth and thought at the time Saddam still had WMD's, and re-enlisted to deploy again to Iraq. I believed Secretary of State Powell wouldn't lie for anyone to go to war, and believe that still today. Powell made the case. So on that point I am satisfied.

It's all about personal experiences. I think the U.S. press should be unbiased, hard nosed, and seek the truth no matter what. But that's not what we have. Thank God for the internet or I would have to rely on Katie Couric, Charles Gibson, and Brian Williams for my news.

You make nothing but good points. I agree about the media. I wish it was unbiased... but that's not and never will be the case. I have always thought having a government controlled media would fix that problem, but after thinking about it and reading stories such as this, it sounds almost as good as drinking Draino.

LOL, Of course we knew that he had WMDs.

rumsfeld-saddam.jpg

WE SOLD THEM TO HIM!!!! And then looked the other way and gave Sadam a wink, wink when he used them to gas his own ppl. You remember that? LOL What they LIED about is WMDs of the nature they were talking about. The smoking gun in the form of a mushroom cloud over NYC. He had no nuclear weapons. That was garbage and lies. Propaganda to lie us into an unjust action of war. THAT'S what we were duped on. Even Collin Powell said sanctions were working with Sadam. He was in a box. Contained. There was no reason to do what we did. Period. Good story though. I believed in the Desert Storm action. It was just what we did there.

Guest SuddenRedScare

WE SOLD THEM TO HIM!!!! And then looked the other way and gave Sadam a wink, wink when he used them to gas his own ppl. You remember that? LOL What they LIED about is WMDs of the nature they were talking about. The smoking gun in the form of a mushroom cloud over NYC. He had no nuclear weapons. That was garbage and lies. Propaganda to lie us into an unjust action of war. THAT'S what we were duped on. Even Collin Powell said sanctions were working with Sadam. He was in a box. Contained. There was no reason to do what we did. Period. Good story though. I believed in the Desert Storm action. It was just what we did there.

Even if we didn't find the supposed WMD's, his removal as dictator of Iraq needed to be done. Not to say anything leading to that point was right... because I don't know much about it.

Even if we didn't find the supposed WMD's, his removal as dictator of Iraq needed to be done. Not to say anything leading to that point was right... because I don't know much about it.

If he needed to be removed as dictator why didn't we let the CIA do their thing like we have so many other times? We didn't need to launch a full scale war. Then again all hell very likely could have broken lose if we hadn't...who knows?!

Guest SuddenRedScare

Also, if that's the case why aren't we removing other dictators? Like in Dafur, where much more horrendous genocide is taking place.

Pig, I was thinking the same thing when I typed that. It's beyond me why they don't do anything. ???

HogWild ]

A perfect example of "know your source".

Chris Matthews, of MSNBC Hardball:

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlDC/television/chris_matthews_interviews_his_daughterwithout_disclosing_it_95951.asp

Interviews his OWN DAUGHTER for a nationally televised program and doens't identify her.

Fair and honest?

You decide.

dude maybe it was a personal choice, she dint want the popularity.

AND YEA SECRTARY OF JUICE BOXES, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDBS14 ]
J-Rite ]

maybe SHE didnt want people to know she's his daughter.

true that would suck' date=' same thing as being jack thompsons son.

if you dont know who thompson is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkdSKFXA5tI&feature=related

[/quote']

Isn't that the whole point? Chris Matthews is a news commentator. Shouldn't we know who's he is interviewing? Is there no sense of accountability? No sense of honest reporting?

I don't fault her for supporting her father. It's to be expected. But don't those watching who "they" are trying to influence deserve to know the whole truth?

That's my only point. Fair and honest reporting of the news. I'm suprised that some find that too much to ask. A right to privacy is one thing, to step in front of a camera and a microphone and to speak you peace, sorry, but your right to privacy just went out the window. You want to stand in front of a camera and tell people how to vote, then those "people" deserve the right to know who you are.

You want to be obscure. Fine. Avoid camera's and microphone's. It's easy. I've done it my whole life. You want to get questioned, then step right up to the first national news program that will put you face on millions of TV's. After that, don't whine about no privacy.