OBAMA OR MCCAIN WHO DO YOU CHOSE

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using the Obama website as a reputable source ?

That is funny.

I'll discuss the "Keating 5". It's worth discussing. What happened?

McCain made the mistake of attending a meeting with Keating. McCain didn't do anything, didn't legislate anything, didn't vote for anything that favored Keating. The Democratically controlled Ethics committee admonished McCain and John Glenn for poor judgement in their associations. Remember I said that, associations, it's going to be important in a minute. However, the Ethics Committee found that McCain and Glenn had not done anything illegal. Remember I said that too, illegal, it too will be important in a moment. What did the "Keating" experience do to McCain? Made him be sure of who he associated with and started him on his long trek of reform that is now his public record. What ever happened to Keating? He was prosecuted for his crimes, remember I said that too, prosecuted. McCain even testified against Keating at his trial.

Since we are talking about associations. Obama has an associate, his name is FRANKLIN RAINES. Who is he? He used to run Fannie Mae. Raines now is a Obama campaign advisor. How well did Raines run Fannie Mae? Well he cooked the books, pocketed over 100 million dollars, and had to give back 25 million dollars to avoid being prosecuted for his illegal activities and avoided a jail sentence.

Did McCain screw up? Yes he did, and he was disciplined by his peers and the illegal conduct of the affair was put prosecuted and put in jail. Did I mention, that in just 3 years, Obama is the 2nd largest recieptiant of campaign donations from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac? Only Chris Dodd who has been in the Senate for multiple terms has received more campaign donations from Fannie and Freddie.

The Keating 5 was bad, but it didn't drive the entire economy into the ditch. That's what the company Obama's current ECOMONIC ADVISOR did.

Original thoughts? Yeah, you have the corner market on that. ::)

Why the Keating 5 scandal is so important now? Because it goes to the heart of what is happening now. It goes to John's judgment, or lack there of. You really want to go there with regard to F and F? Really? How about we talk about Rick Davis, campaign manager for Johnny, who was paid 15K a month by F and F to keep the regulators out!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/24/us/politics/w24davis.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

You can't have it both ways. LOL Why would you want to throw stones in your glass house Hog? LOL Johnny's not clean by ANY means. You should stick with the real issues... these are both non-issues on both sides. The only thing right now in this country that people give a shit about... is this economy and how we are going to get back on track. Everything else is BS. Don't think it's serious? jUst read this...

http://www.cnn.com/

I'd say this guy didn't give two shits if John was involved in some scandal 22 years ago... or if Obama was on the same board as some radical guy from the 60's... etc. NO, I'm pretty sure he cared about where the fuck he was going to pull himself out of this mess. Let's stick to the real issues and how we're going to solve them. ;)

LOL my young friend.

Yes, I will play. Thanks for asking.

Your New York Times article. I don't dispute it. McCain may very well have people who profited from Fannie or Freddie as part of his campaign. It was part of the stock exchange, a lot of people made money. So I'll just ask one question:

How many former CEO's of Freddie or Fannie are part of the McCain campaign?

I'll tell you how many are part of the Obama campaign. Two former CEO's of one of the two companies than ran our economy straight into the ditch are now Obama campaign surrogates. One is the CURRENT FINANCIAL ADVISOR and one was in charge of picking the VICE PRESIDENT candidate until he was exposed and forced to step down.

On your CNN link, could you be more specific? That's the main page and it's updated about every 15 minutes. I'm not sure of your point or what your point of reference is.

On original thougts, or idea's as I call them. Yea, knock yourself out. Find one post where I copied any person's original idea. Just one. It shouldn't be hard. Post it here for all to see. Just one post where another person did something and I copied it and made it my own as well. Just one.

It's a losing arguement. You should change the subject. Try patriotism... no wait, that won't work. Try accomplishments... no wait that won't work either. Try bipartisianship politics.... wait, darn it all that won't work either. Try religion affiliations... wait, that's a loser too. Try.... oh nevermind. You are on your own. Sorry.

HogWild ]

... poor judgement in their associations...

... [McCain] had not done anything illegal...

Ok, not to start any kind of "argument" but how can the above be used to support or exhonorate so to speak, McCain's associations with a convicted felon, yet Obama is not given the same courtesy? Could one not argue the EXACT same thing for Obama and be correct in those assessments?

I don't get it.

I think it would be becuase John McCain is still not associating with these people. While Mr. Obama is.

Then War Pig...How can you say those are Non issues. you don't think the American people don't want to know how the hell we got to this point? I work and know DOZENS of people that say "How did we get here?". So that is a non issue, especially when not only a main contributor to Obama's Campaign but also one of his chief advisers was apart of this whole disaster. Wouldn't that account for the kind of people he may surround himself for advice in the future. Looks like pretty poor judgment so far.

He has a laundry list of BAD advisers. Stemming all the way back to Jeremiah Wright. It seems to me that all he does is continue to make these poor decisions.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/06/california.murder.suicide/index.html

Your circle logic is amazing. LOL You should watch throwing those stones when you live in a glass house Hog. I really don't want to make this a pissing contest of who's worse. We know both sides aren't perfect... the point is YOUR side started slinging mud cause they are down in the polls right now. Johnny, once again went back on his word.

Hmmm... that went out the window now that they realize they can't win on current issues. LMFAO!!!!

I think I'll stay above the fray with your assessment of my integrity and "original thought" stuff as it would just turn into another pissing contest and get us no where. ::)

HippieChik ]
HogWild ]

... poor judgement in their associations...

... [McCain] had not done anything illegal...

Ok, not to start any kind of "argument" but how can the above be used to support McCain's associations with a convicted felon, yet Obama is not given the same courtesy? Could one not argue the EXACT same thing for Obama and be correct in those assessments?

I don't get it.

Allow me to explain.

In the "Keating 5" scenario, Keating was prosecuted and went to jail.

In the Fannie Mae diving straight into the ground, NO ONE HAS GONE TO JAIL and TWO FORMER CEO'S are Obama CAMPAIGN ADVISORS.

Those are facts. The Keating 5 was bad, but it didn't cost US taxpayers $850 BILLION Dollars. The Keating 5 didn't wreck our economy. Fanny and Freddie did that. And it's not over. The rescue bill is shaping up not to be nearly enough.

I've been handicapping myself by sticking to reputable news sources. Some of these reputable news sourcse don't report on the bad things one political party does.

It's late now, tomorrow I am going to pull out all the stops and post C-SPAN videos that show who said what and when. It will show who wanted regulation and who fought regulation. Who saw the problem coming and those who refused to see the problem coming.

Your circle logic is amazing. LOL You should watch throwing those stones when you live in a glass house Hog. I really don't want to make this a pissing contest of who's worse. We know both sides aren't perfect... the point is YOUR side started slinging mud cause they are down in the polls right now. Johnny, once again went back on his word.

Hmmm... that went out the window now that they realize they can't win on current issues. LMFAO!!!!

I think I'll stay above the fray with your assessment of my integrity and "original thought" stuff as it would just turn into another pissing contest and get us no where. ::)

What are those 2 links supposed to prove? You are obviously detracting from what we are trying to debate. you have not rebutted. You have only said this is a non issue.

Red0ctobeR ]

I think it would be becuase John McCain is still not associating with these people. While Mr. Obama is.

Then War Pig...How can you say those are Non issues. you don't think the American people don't want to know how the hell we got to this point? I work and know DOZENS of people that say "How did we get here?". So that is a non issue, especially when not only a main contributor to Obama's Campaign but also one of his chief advisers was apart of this whole disaster. Wouldn't that account for the kind of people he may surround himself for advice in the future. Looks like pretty poor judgment so far.

He has a laundry list of BAD advisers. Stemming all the way back to Jeremiah Wright. It seems to me that all he does is continue to make these poor decisions.

First, prove this statement?

Secondly please read carefully what I said Red... I said all these character diversions are non-issues. The economy IS the issue that we should be focused on. Period. As I posted the link up there, please re-read my other post. You think this guy gave a shit about some of these ridiculous issues people are trying desperately to bring up? I'd say, no. This is a mess and I'm getting tired of typing this over and over... even Hog agreed with me that these republicans are responsible, along with some of these dems.

Red0ctobeR ]

What are those 2 links supposed to prove? You are obviously detracting from what we are trying to debate. you have not rebutted. You have only said this is a non issue.

Dude, if you don't get it, then I've really under estimated your ability to comprehend. Read! Read the article and then what I posted. This has to do with the economy and the 9 month job loss under this admin!!!! Jezze, do you really not get it, or are you messing with me? LOL Slow down and read carefully man.

Dude, stop. Want me to go find posts I have made criticizing McCain? There are more than a few.

Right after that, I am going to ask you to go find posts you made criticitizing Obama. THEY DON'T EXIST. Go find them right now. Post the quotes and prove me wrong before I ask the question. This is a SOFTBALL I am throwing you and daring you to hit it.

One more post about how "we" both know our candidates aren't perfect. I'm going to ask you to prove you ever said such a thing.

I can name several things I disagree with McCain on. I can write a book on what I disagree with Obama on.

This one isn't going to go away. I'll copy, paste, and repost as many times as needed.

WTF are you talking about dude? I've said in many post how the dems aren't perfect and how disappointing the current congress is, of which Obama is a part of. Please with your holy then thou attitude and calling me out. Give me a break. There's not a whole lot that I disagree with Obama on, big freaking deal? Same with you and Johnny. LOL AND...?

Are you going to seriously just deflect and continue on these non-issue and ignore the article I posted? This is the second shooting from an American this week who was freaking out over the economy and the 9 straight month of joblessness. And you want to talk about who Obama knew? Again, give me a break man. I'm just glad most of America is not falling for these tactics. Sad... very sad.

Red0ctobeR ]

Dude, if you don't get it, then I've really under estimated your ability to comprehend. Read! Read the article and then what I posted. This has to do with the economy and the 9 month job loss under this admin!!!! Jezze, do you really not get it, or are you messing with me? LOL Slow down and read carefully man.

That is laughable. You are taking a murder suicide, and blaming this guys lack of ambition on the Bush administration. It is not just the administration at fault here. It is the government.

You are completely unbelievable. How about I post some random link up and sync it up to democratic downfalls toward the nation. That is your argument. WOW

Really, I don't find it too laughable guy. That would be typical of your tactfulness you have shown here though. I'm sorry you don't have those comprehension skills to see how this is about the current issues right now and NOT about Johnny's Keating 5 or Obama's Ayers relation. That is sad. ONce again you put words in my mouth, I never said it was all Bush's fault. But this is his admin and the republican's HAVE been in charge for 6 of the last 8 years. It's not a random link and if you again had the comprehension skills I thought you had you'd understand that Red. Grow up man.

I'm taking a break now as this thread has gotten ridiculously stupid and nothing more then mud slinging. Enjoy.

*politely leaves thread*

No that story is a pathetic attempt at making a story that would usually stay in the area into a national story just becuase he wrote a note about his pathetic attempt to find a job, and couldn't. SO he kills his family. Your story isn't relevant to this thread at all. I think it is called Obama or McCain who do you choose. How does that story link to this thread. You jab me like you are better then me. Please

If that guy was so desperate then he would have found a job. Hey if anyone is looking for a job come to Omaha, I will put you to work for 13 dollars an hour. You won't like the work but you will be making money. That is where this guy had his downfall. He didn't do all that is necessary.

Why don't you try again and stay on topic.

I don't understand this. How do democrats and obama supports support him on certain issues overwhelmingly when he has VOTED against those issues?

For example. People rate Obama over McCain on taking in lobbyist money. Yet Obama is in the TOP 5 in the country and congress to get lobbyist money.

TOP FANNIE AND FREDDIE LOBBYIST CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS

2003-2008 Center for Responsive Politics

Lou Dobbs Tonight

1. Sen. Christopher Dodd

2. Sen. John Kerry

3. Sen BARACK OBAMA

4, Sen HILLARY CLINTON

5. Sen Paul Kanjorski

Same thing for earmarks.

Obama 741 MILLION

McCain 91 Million

Also Obama on energy?

Obama Is Wrong On Energy

Obama has repeatedly opposed any new efforts to lessen our dependence on foreign oil, and to lower gas prices. He refuses to allow new drilling which would lower speculative oil prices immediately. Gas prices are hurting our economy and making foreign nations like Iran, Russia, and Venezuela rich.

* opposed to any new offshore (50+ miles off the coast) exploration or drilling (where 19 billion barrels of oil exist, about 30 years' worth of imports from Saudi Arabia)

* opposed to drilling in ANWR (10+ billion barrels of oil), no matter how clean or new tech it is

* opposed to any new "clean coal" technologies promising to fulfill American energy needs. America is considered the "Saudi Arabia of Coal" estimated to have 27% of the world's coal reserves

* opposed to any new nuclear power plants in America, even though France is demonstrating it can be done cleanly and cheaply

* opposed to a gas tax holiday to lower gas prices

* opposed to incentivizing American companies to develop more efficient electric vehicles

see the thing about nuclear power plants is that compare the size of france, the number of reactors they have and compare it to us. we use a lot of fuel rods, those rods are usually buried or just stored in a tunnel, if one of those leaks or breaks hells breaks loose, lol. The only way to really store nuclear material is to 1. try to use it again by enriching the used material and 2. once it has completely been used dig a huge hole in the ground in the middle of the desert and put them in there. if we will be around millions of year from today we will use it agin, lol

CDBS14 ]

see the thing about nuclear power plants is that compare the size of france' date=' the number of reactors they have and compare it to us. we use a lot of fuel rods, those rods are usually buried or just stored in a tunnel, if one of those leaks or breaks hells breaks loose, lol. The only way to really store nuclear material is to 1. try to use it again by enriching the used material and 2. once it has completely been used dig a huge hole in the ground in the middle of the desert and put them in there. if we will be around millions of year from today we will use it agin, lol

[/quote']

;) add a few winks to it and it would be something ;) sarah palin would say. LOL ;)