• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J-Rite ]
HippieChik ]

Obama: tax the people more to fix the problem with our own monetary ability

Let's be clear here ... tax the RICH people

yes, please do. lets get it back to how it was in the 80s, 95% of the tax money collected was from the top 5% people of this country.

So while its obviously not fair to tax someone who makes minimum wage, the same rate as you would someone who makes 6 figures, collecting the majority of the tax dollars from the top 5% of US citizens is not the answer.

Digging deeper into the pockets of the rich to pay for the poor is never the answer. Believe it or not a large portion of the rich actually do more to help the poor, privately, than our government does publicly. And holding grudges against those who make 6, 7, 8, or more figured incomes wont solve anything.

Along with adjusting the tax structure, we need to adjust our spending, we need to adjust the allowances available to each tax bracket, we need to adjust all things that encourage the poor to stay poor (yes they exist and there are a lot of them), and we need to adjust the people we put in charge of making these adjustments.

BIGDANIEL ]
J-Rite ]
HippieChik ]

Obama: tax the people more to fix the problem with our own monetary ability

Let's be clear here ... tax the RICH people

yes, please do. lets get it back to how it was in the 80s, 95% of the tax money collected was from the top 5% people of this country.

So while its obviously not fair to tax someone who makes minimum wage, the same rate as you would someone who makes 6 figures, collecting the majority of the tax dollars from the top 5% of US citizens is not the answer.

Digging deeper into the pockets of the rich to pay for the poor is never the answer. Believe it or not a large portion of the rich actually do more to help the poor, privately, than our government does publicly. And holding grudges against those who make 6, 7, 8, or more figured incomes wont solve anything.

Along with adjusting the tax structure, we need to adjust our spending, we need to adjust the allowances available to each tax bracket, we need to adjust all things that encourage the poor to stay poor (yes they exist and there are a lot of them), and we need to adjust the people we put in charge of making these adjustments.

While I agree to a point, and I am NOT a finance or political knowledgeable person by ANY means, one of the biggest things we need to do is bring back jobs to the US. IMHO we don't provide enough to the rest of the world to keep our dollar strong. If we bring back manufacturing jobs at least we can build products again that can be exported.

SHANE23 ]

While I agree to a point, and I am NOT a finance or political knowledgeable person by ANY means, one of the biggest things we need to do is bring back jobs to the US. IMHO we don't provide enough to the rest of the world to keep our dollar strong. If we bring back manufacturing jobs at least we can build products again that can be exported.

The problem lies with major business owners being too damn greedy to do so.

Rage75 ]
SHANE23 ]

The problem lies with major business owners being too damn greedy to do so.

This is a great area to start. McCain touched on this in the debate, many don't get it, but he's right. The trickle down economics idea, the giving the breaks, especially to business will translate into more jobs which in turn translates to more money for the lower classes. But there's no incentive to build factories in the US when you can hire employees and pay them less to work in another country.

CDBS14 ]

so the bailout didnt pass...the vote count shows who is really to blame...

Make sure to read through the entire package before blame is placed on either side. We have both Democrats and Republicans who truly feel they serve us and know it's their responsibility to protect our long term interests. If they voted against it, there could be a very good reason for doing so.

My mutual funds have taken a dive and so have my stocks. Even those I've invested in oil and agriculture machinery.

This initial failing of the bailout isn't uncommon, many bills fail multiple times. But the primary reason the republicans were so fucking stingy on voting "yes" was because of some of the safeguards the Dems installed into the bill to protect the common American. Fucking greedy bastards didn't approve of removing the "golden parachute" for financial executives either.

The GOP fucks the average American citizen again and that just pisses me off. >:(

Actually 2/3 of the dems showed up to vote on this. Pelosi was promised the same by the repubs. Not even 1/3 voted for it. It's a shame they aren't taking up Johnny's campaign slogan, "country first".. and playing politics with this. Pelosi was an idiot as usual for making that speech, but it should not have effected the vote. They all need to get this shit done!

60% is just under 2/3

and I said repubs because if you look it was mostly them that didn't vote. There are good people on both sides of the isle, but the Dems showed up to vote, repubs didn't, or at least nowhere near what the Dems did.

And those 59 Dems could have passed the bill, but why push all the blame on those 59 Democrats? How about the 140 Dems that did vote and the what 130+ repubs that didn't vote for it? Who's being selfish here...

Most of the problem lies with fucking lobbyists and pulling individuals from both parties into their personal agendas. Lobbyists need to be banned from Washington, 90% of what they do, does no good for Americans.