Socom Patch 1.40

SOCOM Confrontation Public Beta 1.40 Patch Incoming

Posted by Seth Luisi

We are happy to announce that the SOCOM Confrontation Public Beta 1.40 Patch will be released on Friday, September 26th, at 1200 GMT/UTC (8am EDT, 5am PDT, 1pm BST, 9pm JST).

The SOCOM Confrontation 1.40 patch addresses the following issues:

* Fixed an issue which was causing an abnormally large number of simultaneous kills.

* Optimized the Armory so that selecting weapons, attachments and general menu navigation are much faster.

* Fixed another issue where you could get stuck in spectator cam when late joining a game.

* Fixed an issue where occasionally late joiners would have very low framerate and crash when exiting a game.

* Fixed an issue where occasionally late joiners would have no audio.

* Statistics improvements. Statistics are now being tracked at the team level and not the player level. This will ensure stats are tracked for dropped and late joining players.

* Further improved load times for late joiners.

* Fixed several stability issues.

The following changes were made based on user feedback:

* Added new burst firing accuracy tuning when moving. You are now more accurate for the initial burst while moving but accuracy deteriorates as you continue to fire more shots.

* Scopes are now accurate.

* The select screen scoreboard is now exited by pressing the select button.

* Improved tiebreaker rules.

* New HUD animation to indicate when you are reloading.

* Crosshairs now turn grey when your magazine is empty.

We are actively looking into the following issues which are known to exist in the 1.40 patch. These issues will be fixed in a future update.

* The select screen scoreboard, round complete and game complete screens appear blank.

* Infrequently, some users loose controller functionality for a couple of seconds.

Please note, this patch also adds game logic to limit the number of people who can late join a game to 5 at a time. If more than 5 people attempt to late join the game you receive a "Game Full" error even though there are still slots in the game. This will be improved in a future update.

Also note, the network latency detection has been added back in. We believe that we have now worked out most of the issues with this. Please report in the SOCOM Confrontation PlayStation.com forums if you are seeing the "red X" disconnect icon under normal gameplay conditions.

Regards,

SOCOM Confrontation Online Team

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

okay, so in the few weeks we have been playing this, we have gotten numerous patches. all of them have included fixes based on user feedback. this is kind of unheard of in the world of socom.

Neo_Unit001 ]

Lol and who said this was just to test servers lol.

Shane its not ur connection its how many places it goes threw to get to you.

No. Seth said earlier they took it out because people with poor connections were seeing the red x. My connection is no where near poor but yet I was seeing the red x.

My last post was more sarcasm then anything.

Na actually if you look at what that seth dude says again it says it doesn't matter how good your connection is if your internet connection goes threw 5 different places to get to you, your going to lose data packets and thats what was making the red X appear. Ask your ISP and see how many places its going threw to get to you. The red X isn't a lag issue its a lost data issue. He even had the red X appear sometimes he went and talked to his buddy thats works for a ISP and thats what he says causes latency issues.

Its not Sony, not connection speed.

Neo_Unit001 ]

Na actually if you look at what that seth dude says again it says it doesn't matter how good your connection is if your internet connection goes threw 5 different places to get to you, your going to lose data packets and thats what was making the red X appear. Ask your ISP and see how many places its going threw to get to you. The red X isn't a lag issue its a lost data issue. He even had the red X appear sometimes he went and talked to his buddy thats works for a ISP and thats what he says causes latency issues.

Its not Sony, not connection speed.

http://www.clanbluntforce.com/forum/index.php?topic=1760.0

"Seth Luisi replied on

09.12.08 07:55 AM I want everyone to listen, this is very important.

The issue is not "how fast" your line is, it is how good is your connection. You receive the Red X if you are experiencing excessive latency or packet loss. This has nothing to do with how fast your line is and a speed test proves nothing.

Use the following link to run a line quality test if you are seeing the red x issue."

"Removed the latency detection network test which was causing some users with poor network connections to receive the network latency icon (red X). "

I created a thread when they took it out in response to this quote. He flat out said it was our poor connections in the patch thread.

HusH- ]

I would have to say I lost interest with out a scoreboard. You cant tell if your clan is there or not. You cant see who is alive and dead. Just not feeling it at this point.

Me too. I will start playing again when another patch comes out. I like the game but just not right now with the current patch. No fun to me. :'(

Red0ctobeR ]

I can't completely agree with you there chili. Mainly because I was in a room last night with 32 people in it and there was little lag. But no scoreboard. I can guarantee that didn't happen before the patch.

I have played in rooms with 32 before the patch. (scoreboard was there, & no invisible knifing)

I concur that since the new patch, while I've not experienced the:

lag right before you knife someone

long load times

Those have been replaced by:

Invisible enemies

No control over room, i.e. can't boot shit lickers

No scoreboard, i.e. can't tell who's in the room, who's alive, who's dead.

People getting banned from a room for aiming down a flight of stairs.

I would say that it was one step forward, two steps back.

Last night, after we started noticing that all of a sudden there were three guys on the other side we could no longer kill, I had a guy offer to turn his GOD mode on so he could kill them. He then started telling us that codes already exist for allowing people to be invisible and invincible on the Beta. Of course we refused his help and kept a watchful eye on him. The three in question left immediately after the map was over too so we didnt get to question them.

GLITCHERS are back. Beware. It may not always be lag.

At the same time BD, MaCoo was in the \H/ room last night, and HE was the invisible man.

Now he came to us and posted about it this morning, but he didnt even realize it was possible. :-\

I doubt this is a useable glitch, though I am not questioning the validity of your story.

In this case the three we "all of a sudden" couldn't kill were all in the same clan. I would have called it lag all night if it wouldnt have been for the tag less guy offering to go GOD on them. I had no clue this was even possible yet. I'm still trying to get my controller figured out. Who in the hell has time to sit around looking for glitches?

We've just posted information and videos up of whats out there on our site in the general public section for anyone who wants to read and see more about it. I hope the developers are able to create the needed fixes for these types of issues at a quicker rate than before.

BIGDANIEL ]

In this case the three we "all of a sudden" couldn't kill were all in the same clan. I would have called it lag all night if it wouldnt have been for the tag less guy offering to go GOD on them. I had no clue this was even possible yet. I'm still trying to get my controller figured out. Who in the hell has time to sit around looking for glitches?

We've just posted information and videos up of whats out there on our site in the general public section for anyone who wants to read and see more about it. I hope the developers are able to create the needed fixes for these types of issues at a quicker rate than before.

i once went into a room, all they were doing was running around looking for glitches, wtf who stays up all night looking for glitches?