RPG use in tournaments, clan games...

to shoot an RPG you have to stand still!! and RPG miss a lot unlike GL where they can point it across the map and they land on anybody.

I don't use much RPG, but when my enemy is camping then im force to. I know what you're all going to say cause i already read it but, if you see me with an RPG on is because i tried to be nice but obviously that is not working. unless im sniping, i will probably never use RPG. I use them while sniping cause of not being able to use a decent gun instead of a hand gun and you all know that you are at a disadvantage on close quarters.

RPG's you all say that doesn't require skills. And what about camping???? all that my little brother do is camp, i camped the first time ever i played CoD4 and used to do it till i was good enough to get me the kills, camp for me is an Noob way<<<< i mean that when the match starts and the people just camp all round if possible, of course in situations where you are at disadvantages then of course the best option is camping and i can totally understand it i.e you are in a war undermanned, you need to fall back cause you are in a bad situation, you need to protect something etc...

my point is that RPG are ment for campers not vehicles. Like Mets says that it's almost impossible to kill a guy camping with an RPG.... how many of you guys have been able to kill a camper that where waiting just behind that corner, popped out and shot your ass while you had your guard down cause you never thought there was going to be a guy lame enough to have move for the first 5 seconds of the match to get to a spot and then not have moved at all for 6-8 minutes ?? that's about the same probabilities of you not getting killed by rockets. For that i bring my rockets.

only in those case you will see me Running around with RPGs and im sorry if it pisses you off, but you pissed me first with the camping.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at3dave ]
MaCoo_ ]

I never said anyting about realism, so again everyone is hung up on there only intent was for stopping armored vehicles.

i never seen anyone specifically say ARMORED VEHICLES in any post... i think we meant anything with wheels, even a carriage.

Well to be honest with you a tank was mentioned and it is an armored vehicle, and there are armored hmmv's also and like you said they are a wheeled chasis.

It seems to me Mets point is more about should it be an available weapon in the Horsemen Tourney. I'm not a part of a Horseman team so I can't really say anything about the rules for that but I do know that whenever a tourney is setup at UF there is always a balance. It seems that some think that this weapon makes the tourney unbalanced. I would disagree with that point. Everyone is allowed to use them if they want or if your team chooses. I have personally met players in this community over the years especially with Socom 3 that were absolute beasts with rockets, so there is a skill level there and I dont care what anyone says, if you played against these people in previous UF tourneys that allowed rockets chances are they killed you with them, everyone had a chance to use them but a couple of players were real standouts with the rockets.

With that said I move to my previous statement, every rule we have in place is for a reason or for balance, if they change this because of a few players feedback I would be surprised but who knows. This is just my opinion take it easy on me lol :P

MaluNYMets ]
Saleos_Prime ]

I wish I could use my GL. :P

Okay as much as I will like to :'( with the rest of you. I just don't get it. Some of you have to much time on your hands to pick apart everything you don't like. Like the things I hate about Socom thread. As much as some of you say you hate it' date=' you still play the game for one reason or another. Some say it's because of their clan members they still play. If that's the case I feel sorry for your clan mates. If you hate this game so much and you only play to be with them, I'm almost willing to bet you bitch all the time in game. [/color']

People that say it take skill to do this or skill to do that. I don't get what you mean. So are you saying every time you die that it's bullshit? Do you think because you don't use a weapon that it's cheap that others do? Everyone has their style. Some camp, some run and gun, some just play as a team and don't care about anything but the team.

IMO RPG's and GL should be allowed. I don't know how cheap the Gl's are now because I have never used one in this Socom. RPG's take some skill and sometimes are necessary to use. Sometimes I don't use my RPG to get kills but use it to flush out a guy to my team. Is that cheap? It's all about tactics and being able to change it up when it's needed. Stop bitching about the game play and the way others choose to play. Change up your game play and get the win.

Sorry for going a little off topic.

Malu, I think you are taking it personally. I think Prime is mostly pointing out the complaining. I know if I'm having a fun night playing and someone cries everytime they die, it really kills the buzz from the game itself. Complaining on the forums is kind of the same thing. Every day since Socom came out there have been posts or threads put up complaining about one thing or another. Not to mention that the complaining has now forced changes that I feel are detrimental to the game. Like the people crying they couldn't run all the way across the map and have steady aim. So /sux changed it and now you can run a long ways and have little effect to your scope movement. So now that ruins the game for guys like me, who really loved the fact that rushers were penalized for running all the time. It allowed us more tactical minded guys to move at our own pace without worrying about it. Either way someone is going to be mad about it, is my point.

I don't find the example of someone sitting around a corner with a rocket legitimate at all. It is no different than someone doing the same thing with a rifle. Either way there is a 95% chance yer dead. With how open these maps are, it's not hard to work around them if you know they are there.

I personally don't use rockets. I will defend others right to use them though. I very rarely die from a guy camping a corner with a rocket. It's usually from quite a ways away, and since it's a crap shoot at distance, then more power to them. I'm not going to sit here and lie saying it never bothers me. I say to myself "fucking rockets" sometimes when I die by one. But why should my inability to avoid that scenario be reason to ruin someone else's good time? It shouldn't.

To me it's similiar to the guys over at PSU that complain about snipers. That it isn't cool to get shot by a guy they can't see. It just seems like most people feel it's easier to complain about something than adapt to it. :-\

DevilHawk34 ]
COL_GRINDER ]

I dont know wut ya herd about me.

but I use a lotta R.P.G's.

Youll get no apoligies outa me.

Im a muthafuckin P.I.M.P. ;)

and thats why he's my dog!

Cause both of you are retarded?

Actually, Grinder given your age, your rap was priceless. I LOLed.

Tool_Minion ]
DevilHawk34 ]
COL_GRINDER ]

I dont know wut ya herd about me.

but I use a lotta R.P.G's.

Youll get no apoligies outa me.

Im a muthafuckin P.I.M.P. ;)

and thats why he's my dog!

Cause both of you are retarded?

Actually, Grinder given your age, your rap was priceless. I LOLed.

hey don't bring your drama from your relationship with CZ in here.

Yep it might be a Goat post, but this is something I’ve had a strong opinion about for a long time. GL’s and RPG’s in Socom should not be used. For me its not because of any noob weapon theory, its simply because Socom didn’t include them correctly.

As a personal opinion only, I don’t use either the RPG nor the GL. Although as mentioned the weight can be a factor, for me it wouldn’t matter if it wasn’t. I still would not use them.

The most sound reason as given by others is the lack of vehicles. RPG’s are truly considered as anti-vehicle ordinance. I agree that without vehicles they should not be included in the game. Also since the premise of Socom is that of the Navy Seals: Seals often would not carry Rocket launchers in order to maintain the ability to move quietly, in stealth, undetected with a primary goal in place. Their ability to perform a mission quickly and efficiently in a professional manner is held in high regard.

For me the most important reason is its against the rules of engagement of the Geneva Convention. There is a section of the GC that states anti-vehicle ordinance is not allowed to be used on personnel. So if you are on the Seals, they should not even be available, however as a terrorist which do not follow any Geneva Convention rules I would say in real life they are not concerned with the rule that a US Navy Seal would be forced to follow. So using a RPG by a terrorist against personnel isn’t unheard off. In this case though, their use should not be without risk.

The poor condition often times the weapon is in as well as the limitation and availability of ammunition should be reflected in the game. In other words, ok the terrorist can carry an RPG and not the seals, but it doesn’t always work out. Firing one will sometimes result in the weapon exploding and killing the one firing it, or else the rocket malfunctions and either does not explode or has a chance of going astray and killing either your team mates, yourself or both. If this was the case choosing to load out an RPG even though its only available to the terrorist side would not be without hazard. Also when a terrorist has a RPG strapped to their back, fire from a Seals weapon which contacts the weapon can often result in it exploding killing the carrier or else damaging the weapon and rendering it inoperable. And one more consideration, the back blast of a RPG is far grater in real life than their use in the game portrays. Firing one with your back too close to a wall, vehicle, team mates or other obstacle would result in the users or other personnel in the blast area serious injury or death. Again if the game was like this I believe the choice to load out an RPG would be greatly reduced almost to the point of no need to disallow them. Carry them if you want to, good luck with that.

The GL’s are a different story. Since they are considered anti personnel, just like a hand thrown grenade. The grenade launcher’s benefit is the increase of range over hand thrown and a wider variety of grenades. Today’s under barrel GL’s no longer interfere with the sights of the rifle like they did when they were first introduced, but the addition of the under barrel GL does add a significant penalty in the bulk and weight of the combined weapon. Far more than the encumbrance given in Socom. The added weight to the rifle also results in a significant loss of accuracy especially when fired in automatic or semi-automatic mode for any length of time. Therefore the choice to load out a GL would not be without its drawbacks. Encumbrance should be far greater, accuracy for the rifle should be greatly decreased and just like in real life it should not be without a chance of jamming, misfire, duds and occasional mishaps given a risk to its use.

So its not the use of these weapons that bothers me so much as the way Socom has not held true to the issues a soldier faces when electing to carry and use a weapon of this nature. Although they did do a fair job on the encumbrance the loading of a RPG brings, it should be even greater with even more penalties and risk in the choice. The same goes for the GL. If they had the taken into consideration the negative aspects of their use then we would not have to worry about disallowing them in games as much as we do.

^^^finally, thank you goat.

i tend to look at trends when in wars and public play... rpg's=desperation on the users part, my problem is not the rpg itself its the guy who sits in a room and waits in the corner with an rpg. Like last nights horsemen war was ok up until i was shot in the back from 10 feet away with an rpg... when someone doesnt even try to use their primary (even when they have a clear advantage), it means they know they will not succeed and resort to desperation.

imo

OK I'm done with this really, RPG'S ARE FOR STRONG HOLDS (CAMPERS), VEHICLES, AND DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS CAUGHT IN THE OPEN THAT DESERVE A ROCKET UP THE FUCKING ASS. YOU SEE A OR HEARD A RPG START FUCKING MOVING. THE SHIT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE! YOU DON'T LIKE THE DAMN THINGS LEAVE THE ROOM , AND MAKE ONE WITHOUT RPG'S AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU WANT IN IT. THIS THREAD IS BECOMING POINTLESS DUE TO THE FACT THAT SHIT IS JUST REPEATING IT SELF IN A DIFFERENT FORM. SOME PEOPLE LIKE RPG'S, SOME PEOPLE DON'T GET OVER IT. OH AND GO GET LAID AND CALLED IT A DAY!

RAVENFALL DOES NOT ENDORSE THIS COMMENTS IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.

DevilHawk34 ]

OK I'm done with this really, RPG'S ARE FOR STRONG HOLDS (CAMPERS), VEHICLES, AND DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS CAUGHT IN THE OPEN THAT DESERVE A ROCKET UP THE FUCKING ASS. YOU SEE A OR HEARD A RPG START FUCKING MOVING. THE SHIT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE! YOU DON'T LIKE THE DAMN THINGS LEAVE THE ROOM , AND MAKE ONE WITHOUT RPG'S AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU WANT IN IT. THIS THREAD IS BECOMING POINTLESS DUE TO THE FACT THAT SHIT IS JUST REPEATING IT SELF IN A DIFFERENT FORM. SOME PEOPLE LIKE RPG'S, SOME PEOPLE DON'T GET OVER IT. OH AND GO GET LAID AND CALLED IT A DAY!

RAVENFALL DOES NOT ENDORSE THIS COMMENTS IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.

i think you need a hug.

funny-pictures-kitten-hug.jpg

"Finally Goat..." Oh Please... ::) The damn RPG is not only an anti-vehicle oridnance, again go read up the history on of the RPGs. They are now used mainly for destroying tanks and man-portable vehicles. They originated by be used to take out fixed positions or camping spots for the anti-tactical mind.

And well since you want to talk about last nights war perhaps you should release all the facts. The fact is the rpg never hit you, because I f'd up and hit the ledge in front of me and it fluffed and gave my position away in which I was trying to avoid in the first place. Therefore I had to leave my position and go after you and kill you. Basically this whole thread was started because of the use of rpgs in our war last night.

Now your all entitled to your opinions but I have given you nothing but facts.

jeez Hawk? all caps and such.. calm down amigo.. opinions were asked for and everybody is just giving theirs.

Its ok bro really, if you haven't had sex in that long, maybe we can start a fund and get you laid? LOL

I happen to agree with you though, if you don't like RPG's or anything else for that matter in a room, nothing is stopping you from leaving and making a new room or joining one without them.. as far as the ranked rooms, Slant 6 has announced the inclusion of the ability to disallow them in ranked rooms as an option which is suppose to be included in the next update, so having to have them in ranked rooms may be finally an option.

peace yo,

Goat.

p.s. my opinion has nothing to do with any specific war or game.. It is only as to the use of the weapons in general.. I'm not taking sides one way or another on whatever happened in a game last night or any night for that matter.. If that's what this thread was about than my opinion is not related. Like I said my opinions are ones that I've had for a long time, issues concerning any game, round, etc.. were not even known by me, more less are my opinions directed to it.

No it wasn't started for the war last night. If you look at the start of this thread this was over a week ago. Did yesterday war push to re-start this thread yes. But others felt the same way about it. Debating about anything is a problem now a days so lets just end this thread before it turns into a bash people thread. Forget it. People bring up debates and problems because of situations THEY were part of that's the whole point of talking about it.

MaCoo_ ]

"Finally Goat..." Oh Please... ::) The damn RPG is not only an anti-vehicle oridnance, again go read up the history on of the RPGs. They are now used mainly for destroying tanks and man-portable vehicles. They originated by be used to take out fixed positions or camping spots for the anti-tactical mind.

And well since you want to talk about last nights war perhaps you should release all the facts. The fact is the rpg never hit you, because I f'd up and hit the ledge in front of me and it fluffed and gave my position away in which I was trying to avoid in the first place. Therefore I had to leave my position and go after you and kill you. Basically this whole thread was started because of the use of rpgs in our war last night.

Now your all entitled to your opinions but I have given you nothing but facts.

Macoo relax, i have all the facts... i was shot in the back with an rpg in the back terrorist spawn. If it wouldnt have killed me then i wouldnt have cared but it did.

Again, this whole thread has a trend, clans that use them back it up and clans that have an issue with them voice their opinion. Alot of original UF clans (from the beginning) really like rpg's and they swear by them which is ok but theres no need to get angry. I pulled an rpg out in last nights war and killed a guy from half way across the map. The rpg went through 2 windows at an acute angle and hit the wall behind the target...it was way to easy. I had more than enough time to shoot him with my primary but to be honest i knew it would take 3 headshots... deperation on my part and it will prolly be my first/last rpg kill

Vengeance ]

^^^finally' date=' thank you goat.

i tend to look at trends when in wars and public play... rpg's=desperation on the users part, my problem is not the rpg itself its the guy who sits in a room and waits in the corner with an rpg. Like last nights horsemen war was ok up until i was shot in the back from 10 feet away with an rpg... when someone doesnt even try to use their primary (even when they have a clear advantage), it means they know they will not succeed and resort to desperation.

imo

[/quote']

I just want to point out that my team DID use RPGs against a CAMP heavy team. Please don't feel the need say we where desperate when on more than one occasion we clearly where able to out gun you.

I had this same debate with the officers in Hollow Ground, I believe in the use of the RPG if it is tactful. Do you really think it would've matter if he came and shot you in the back? You where dead anyways, might as well add some bonus points on to it. You signed up for a tournament that has RPGs in and, now you're complaining about it?

Also Mets if you're going to complain about people getting bashed, then maybe your team should stop the bashing.

- Splinter